BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

If we had paid £10m and £40k per week for whatever it was Assobalonga thought he was doing in Newport tonight, this board would be unreadable for the next year.

Ben you are brilliant mate and the bargain steal of the season!

He did score 2 crucial goals to get a win away at West Brom at the weekend.

13 hours ago, philipl said:

If you watched it, Boro made our performance at Brentford look like kryptonite. 

Shocking wasn't it. The lack of basic effort and urgency was appalling.

Edited by Hasta

• 2 weeks later...

This is nice but it isn’t.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8448645/newport-generous-guardiola-man-city/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1550486168

Newport County are a football league team being treated like a counties league outfit. I know there’s a gulf in quality but it’s a gesture that is more than a little patronising.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8448645/newport-generous-guardiola-man-city/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1550486168

Newport County are a football league team being treated like a counties league outfit. I know there’s a gulf in quality but it’s a gesture that is more than a little patronising.

I don't see it like that. The Newport players where delighted and one said he would cherish the moment for the rest of his life.

With all the bad in football it's nice to hear something positive for a change and I think it was nothing but a class gesture from pep that can't be faulted.

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Contrasts with how Pep reacted to losing to Wigan last season, but I will let him off on that seeing as Cook is such a little troll 

• Like 1

On 19/02/2019 at 22:12, Stuart said:

No sorry don’t agree. You watch Pep after every game, he goes to every player on the pitch on both sides to either congratulate or thank. The man is class personified. 

He knows all about the FA Cup and I think genuinely wanted to leave an impression with the Newport staff. 

IMO he is the best manager around but doesn’t think he is unlike a certain “special one.”

Oh and there nothing patronising about having his photo took with kids. 

And before blueboy makes a sarcastic comment comment about my last line, just don’t ok?

Edited by old darwen blue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

No sorry don’t agree. You watch Pep after every game, he goes to every player on the pitch on both sides to either congratulate or thank. The man is class personified. 

He knows all about the FA Cup and I think genuinely wanted to leave an impression with the Newport staff. 

IMO he is the best manager around but doesn’t think he is unlike a certain “special one.”

And before blueboy makes a sarcastic comment comment about my last line, just don’t ok?

You OK tonight? You're talking a lot more shite than normal. I'm worried. 

3 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Having his photo taken with kids - no problem.

Handing out Manchester City training gear to a fellow football league team, albeit League Two is the condescending bit for me. I’ve no doubt it was well intended but these aren’t part-timers, they are professional footballers in just the same gig as City.

It’s a sign of the times that a team right at the top would treat a League Two side in such a way. I’ve never heard of any other club doing this sort of thing - not in such a grandiose public fashion anyway. Which is how it should be. Treat other clubs with respect, not pity.

“Here, you can have all of our kit and training gear. We’ve so much money we’ll just buy more.”

If they absolutely need to do that, keep it out of the papers.

• Like 1