BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers V Bristol City

Assuming he is fit (which goes for most of the squad after last Saturday's ref), this is Dack v Dack's erstwhile cover. Dack had better show he is the real article because if Palmer outshines him we are in real trouble in this fixture.

City coming to Ewood on a run of six league wins so we need to repay a few compliments after the 4-1 at Ashton Gate and our run being ended 5-2. Happily just take the win. Bristol are not frightening like Hull were on their run but this makes them a harder proposition. Hull have players whom if you stop  supply to you stop Hull (funny how Brentford did that in reverse to us).

Bristol City are strong all round so the eleven Rovers players whoever emerges from the treatment room are going to have to win their individual battles against their Bristol opposite numbers.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, philipl said:

Assuming he is fit (which goes for most of the squad after last Saturday's ref), this is Dack v Dack's erstwhile cover. Dack had better show he is the real article because if Palmer outshines him we are in real trouble in this fixture.

City coming to Ewood on a run of six league wins so we need to repay a few compliments after the 4-1 at Ashton Gate and our run being ended 5-2. Happily just take the win. Bristol are not frightening like Hull were on their run but this makes them a harder proposition. Hull have players whom if you stop  supply to you stop Hull (funny how Brentford did that in reverse to us).

Bristol City are strong all round so the eleven Rovers players whoever emerges from the treatment room are going to have to win their individual battles against their Bristol opposite numbers.  

Very worried about their mobility up top. Mulgrew and Rodwell trying to deal with that will be like when the dads join in at 5 a side for the 16 year old's party and get rings run round them.

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Very worried about their mobility up top. Mulgrew and Rodwell trying to deal with that will be like when the dads join in at 5 a side for the 16 year old's party and get rings run round them.

If the dads are good enough that doesn't happen.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

If the dads are good enough that doesn't happen.

Sometimes teams just can't cope with certain types of teams though. We'll have to sit off Saturday if we get anything I don't think we have anything like the right players to deal with them if we try and make the game open. They'll pick us off and put another 4 past us. 

I fancy Tony to get it right and a 2-1 win.

Edited by Mellor Rover

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive said my team. 

Thats before. We dont really know how fit he has really been recently. 

If his back injury means he cannot play then he cannot play. His actual fitness levels aside from this injury seem very high indeed.

His fitness has not been an issue playing game in game out with consistently high performance levels.

You keep peddling this myth that he cannot play 3 games in a week. He has proven this season that he can. And if hes fit enough hes first name on the team sheet.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dack’s just posted on Instagram a video of him with an ice pack on his ankle. Think some of us will need to take our boots on Saturday. 

Conway in the number 10 role klaxon

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If his back injury means he cannot play then he cannot play. His actual fitness levels aside from this injury seem very high indeed.

His fitness has not been an issue playing game in game out with consistently high performance levels.

You keep peddling this myth that he cannot play 3 games in a week. He has proven this season that he can. And if hes fit enough hes first name on the team sheet.

I would rather wait and make sure he is ready for the Reading away game on Wednesday 13th Feb

54 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dack’s just posted on Instagram a video of him with an ice pack on his ankle. Think some of us will need to take our boots on Saturday. 

I think he will be fit for Saturday

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would rather wait and make sure he is ready for the Reading away game on Wednesday 13th Feb

Why? If we lose Saturday we are 7 points behind Bristol City having played a game more and our play offs chances however slim they were anyway will be as good as gone.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why? If we lose Saturday we are 7 points behind Bristol City having played a game more and our play offs chances however slim they were anyway will be as good as gone.

and if we win on Saturday we will be 1 point behind them. 

depends how much faith and belief you have in Mowbray and players to keep going and your mentality as a person. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

depends how much faith and belief you have in Mowbray and players to keep going and your mentality as a person. 

What are you on about? @Ewood Ace was the one who was rubbishing your suggestion that a key player should only be a sub even if he has recovered from injury. Reducing our chance of winning. What has faith in Mowbray got to do with anything?

• Like 1

A few injury concerns this weekend as I have seen a video/pics with Dacks feet wrapped up tight.  After the sloppy collapse last weekend, we need to the show the desire that we displayed against Hull City. If we can string a decent result against Bristol City we can sneak back into the playoff talk, however a defeat will probably leave too much to do even at this early stage. I expect a few changes in the squad, hoping to see Mulgrew back as his set pieces can be difference makers. Probably no Lenihan, Dack (a doubt), Evans could all be out. Meanwhile, I spoke with Dave Skinner from the One Stream in Bristol Podcast about Bristol City's chances and of course a cheeky prediction from the Cat.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dack was on the same train as us coming back on Saturday. I spoke to him about his injury which he said was an 'impact injury' and he should be fine for the Bristol game. At Piccadilly he was moving a lot more freely than he was after the knock was picked up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are backing up my argument there Chaddy although you probably don't realise it. Saturday as you acknowledge is a 6 pointer win we could be within 1 point of top 6 lose and we are 7 adrift. So I will ask you again why would you not play our best player in such an important game? For me if Graham is fit then he should play, simple as that.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Your backing up my argument there Chaddy although you probably don't realise it. Saturday as you acknowledge is a 6 pointer win we could be within 1 point of top 6 lose and we are 7 adrift. So I will ask you again why would you not play our best player in such an important game? For me if Graham is fit then he should play, simple as that.

Quite right. If hes fit he has to play. Rumours of his demise are very premature, contrary to chaddys insistence he has proven that he can play 3 times a week this season and that he is right with what he said earlier in the season:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16999726.rovers-striker-danny-graham-on-playing-three-games-a-week/

Have to play our strongest possible team on Saturday. The drop in quality beyond our first 11 is alarmingly noticeable.

If Graham and Dack both do miss out, the potential selection of Brereton will be interesting. If he cannot get into a team missing both of our main attackers, plus Chapman, further questions will be asked. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Dack was on the same train as us coming back on Saturday. I spoke to him about his injury which he said was an 'impact injury' and he should be fine for the Bristol game. At Piccadilly he was moving a lot more freely than he was after the knock was picked up.

Fingers crossed it hasn’t flared up further then as he’s still got ice on it 4 days later.

I actually think we’d miss Graham the most out of the quartet. He’s just such a huge player for us and we do not have a replacement who can do the half of what he does.

As I said in an earlier thread, Palmer will probably bag an injury time goal. The one thing I don’t want is that arrogant tw@t Lee Johnson celebrating on that touchline. Hate his guts, always blaming the refs instead of his own shortcomings. In our own camp, looks like we are ravaged by injuries with Mulgrew, Lenihan, Evans, Dack and Graham which is a massive blow. Very reminiscent of the Brentford home game back in August when we managed to nick a narrow 1 - 0 win. I’d try to replicate something similar to what we did that day and try Bennett in the number 10 role and shift Nyambe to right back. I’d go with the following:

Raya

Nyambe     Rodwell       Mulgrew (if fit)    Bell

Reed          Travis (if fit)

Armstrong       Bennett            Rothwell

Brereton 

Subs: Leutwiler, Williams, Magloire, Smallwood, Conway, Nuttall, Butterworth 

That makes us look really thin on the ground. Typical as it’s just after January.....

Let’s hope for a gritty performance and get back to the more stable January performances. Won’t be easy but we’re a decent home side. I’ll go for a 1 - 1 draw. COYB!

p.s   I think I might bring my boots down to Ewood, just in case they don’t have enough subs.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 1

Yeah I find Johnson to be very cocky and he's another one like Dyche who spends more time moaning at the officials than anything else.

Bristol City have a knack of scoring late goals so we need to watch out for that. They're very good at recovering late on from losing positions or nicking wins by the odd goal.

• Like 1