BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think we actually agree here so not sure what the issue is. No player no matter who should be 'guaranteed' a certain number of games. It should depend entirely on how they play and perform on matchday and in training. So the talk about us not being able to promise Bauer or the City lad a set number of games I think Is probably nonsense and just an excuse for us failing to get them. As if Preston have promised Bauer a certain number of appearances.

But if we are looking at players to sit behind Mulgrew and Williams and fill in when needed with no serious intention of playing them regularly then it is no surprise we are missing out on targets. Anyone we try to get should be with a view to them being better than those here.

See this is where I think you are possibly wrong.  It doesn’t need to be black or white with nothing in between.  Of course TM isn’t going to guarantee starts but he is going to give players an idea of how much they will play and how he sees them.  Stewart Downing has surely been led to believe he’s gonna feature a fair bit. Bauer will also have been given an idea where he would have been in the pecking order.

So many blame Mowbray and Waggott yet fail to apply a bit of logic here.

Clubs might not want to sell players!

Clubs may be asking over price for players in testing Rovers budget!

Players May be asking extortionate sums to sign on!

Players May not want to come to Rovers and seek alternative moves!

Rovers May have offered deals and money and have been refused and are now playing the waiting game!

These are all valid reasons why we haven’t signed a defender or defenders, or a second keeper.

Other  Luba know Rovers need to offload some plAyers and will be playing the exact same games, they want value for their limited cash supplies.

Looking at the league how many clubs have splurged big time? Not many. Compare Rovers to Derby right now? They are far worse off than us on the pitch wise and haven’t replaced their loan stars from last season.

Some mention we haven’t replaced Reed, we haven’t and do we need to ? We have some real class players c9ming through who can excel like Reed did.

Raya cost us so many points last season and I am not overly concerned about our defensive players with the signing of a much better commanding keeper in the pegs. Walton can give some real confidence to the back 3 or 4 whilst going forward is there any team in the league blessed with the speed and riches we have at the club?

Get to Ewood on Saturday and get behind the ream

• Like 5

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Got a link?

Is the Gk the Pollersbeck guy? 

Sorry.

Just had a text from our kid who's spent a year over there and follows German football. In the Hamburg newspaper apparently.

Also, Dusseldorf have just signed a CB.

• Like 1

Don’t think Tosin following Chapman and Armstrong is anything other than from their England days. But hoping I’m wrong.

47 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wouldn't, I would concentrate on the weakness.

A team is only as strong as its weakest point. 

38 minutes ago, 47er said:

Which one?

I'll leave to debate which defender this is

download.jpeg.jpg

46 minutes ago, markread said:

David Bates, the Ginger Ramos, has been released by Hamburg on a free (along with several other HSV players.)

Just announced if you're reading, Tony. ?

They are also letting the German U21 goalie go for free. Firesale by a basket-case of a club.

Might be one to watch. Didn't TM go to the game between HSV and Union Berlin back in may?

• Like 2

Bates is decent I’d describe him as a total stopper. Wouldn’t be surprised to see QPR in for him as he was brought to rangers from raith by warbs.

Hes a stopper, superb tackler but no finesse or passing ability but puts his head where it hurts. His game at Celtic before he left was MOTM and had dembele in his pocket.

Rejected 8k a week to stay at rangers and they couldn’t compete with Hamburg so suspect he’d be in our top quartile of earners if he came.

Any chance of anyone taking Smallwood for free or a very modest fee ?   Yes probably but any chance of anyone paying him similar wages or him taking a big cut to move ?  No probably not.

Rinse and repeat for several others leaves us where we are, that is in the remote possibility that the gaffer actually wants rid !   I'm sure the bean counters do but it is what it is.

As you were.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

As stated earlier, away form. Please no more puerile questions. let that be the end of it. 

God what a touchy person we are! It was a genuine question. We have more than one weakness as far as i"m concerned.

However to think that we play the likes of Barrow, Blackpool and Bury away to improve our away form is as puerile as it gets!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

So, another (Groundhog) day goes by and not only no signings but not even any links/rumours/sniffs of any new blood coming in. Must be saving the money for a big push in the January window, good tactics.

Saving it for a new manager ? (Mark Hughes might be desperate by then!)

57 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Any chance of a bidding war for Ritchie Smallwood?

More chance of the Earth actually being flat ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Raya cost us so many points last season and I am not overly concerned about our defensive players with the signing of a much better commanding keeper in the pegs.

I'm astonished any fan could say that about our defensive players. How did it escape your notice the sheer amount of rookie mistakes our defenders made for the goals we shipped? They can't all be down to not getting enough commands from the keeper. Defenders are supposed to know how to defend on their own a lot better than that. They also need to communicate too, not just the goalie.

Mulgrew in particular was a goddamned liability when he wasn't taking a set piece. You could put the best keeper in the world behind him, he's still going to have awful positional sense and barely ever stick a foot in.

• Like 5

At no point have I absolved the defending alongside Rayas shockers however look at it from another angle and you can see just how bad Raya has been and it is his lack of confidence alongside stupid mistakes that cost us dear. I am sure we won’t be anywhere near as bad defensive wise because we have changed the way and style of play which I think will greatly benefit us. Yes I would like a big headed rough arse CB alongside Lenihan but until that happens we go with what we got. I saw enough at Ibrox to see we can be progressive this year and we have had a decent pre season.

lets see how we go on Saturday we need the support behind the team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

These are all valid reasons why we haven’t signed a defender or defenders.

What, for 5 consecutive transfer windows?

I get your point in isolation, but when it looks like we may start Saturdays home game with the same two centre halves we went down with 3 seasons ago it has to be down to poor management of the transfer market.

• Like 6