BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Having read quotes from him in the LT I'm both encouraged and discouraged.

Discouraged if he thinks we're a premier league set up - from our joke owners who don't communicate and take an age on decisions, to a director of football (which doesn't work in the UK) who is pretty incompetent with conflicting interests to a budget of a league 1 team there is nothing premier league about our set up. He's in for a nasty shock on this score. Or he's stupidly naive.

However he spent Thursday working on defensive shape which shows he has more of a grasp of what's going on than Clueless did. The fact some of it was new to the players is damning pf the previous regime but gives me optimism we can shore things up.

Overall I feel he'll keep us up before running afoul of our owners and failing when the next round of budget cuts kick in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have most certainly heard Sutton's comments on Senior.

They are less than complimentary and still in the public domain if you can be arsed to search.

Sound lad is our Chris.

Oh right. I genuinely didn't hear. It's a big deal if he is slating our DOF. What did he say. I can't seem to find the quotes. I am definitely arsed to find them. 

I love Sutton even more since he became a pundit. His wind ups of rangers leaning pundits are beautiful to behold. 

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

He's way out of his league for a club director..More suited as a second hand car salesman 

He's looking forward to cost cutting in the summer and making a percentage at the same time.. 

2 well known ex players have already made comments on senior 

Well he is here and so far has stop Us signing awful players and get rid of Coyle. 

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

Stability lol we're have you been for the last near seven years.. 

The only thing stable under Venkys is it's a stable decline 

FYI managers who have stability always work with there own trusted men long term. We have a head coach with two guys he'd never met before Wednesday 

Trust alot of managers do. But Mowbray knew the score with the staff before he took the job. But he accept those terms. So Mowbray was very happy with this. 

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have most certainly heard Sutton's comments on Senior.

They are less than complimentary and still in the public domain if you can be arsed to search.

Sound lad is our Chris.

Sutton is very open in his comments. I dont know if he knews Senior or even met him..

But Senior did get rid of Coyle and wouldnt sign any of his players in January. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have heard plenty from Shearer and Sutton. I don't recall them making any comments about Senior. What did they say exactly? 

There is a link on page 8 on the Coyle sacked thread for a bbc radio Lancashire special,both Sutton and Brett ormerod give their thoughts and you can tell that they both don't have a high opinion of Senior,with Ormerod labelling him patronising Paul

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh right. I genuinely didn't hear. It's a big deal if he is slating our DOF. What did he say. I can't seem to find the quotes. I am definitely arsed to find them. 

I love Sutton even more since he became a pundit. His wind ups of rangers leaning pundits are beautiful to behold. 

Radio Lancs on Tuesday 21st at 6 pm. Sutton on early and for about 25 mins. Well worth listening to whole interview. I use bbc iplayer radio

Edit: just listened again :D

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well he is here and so far has stop Us signing awful players and get rid of Coyle. 

Trust alot of managers do. But Mowbray knew the score with the staff before he took the job. But he accept those terms. So Mowbray was very happy with this. 

Sutton is very open in his comments. I dont know if he knews Senior or even met him..

But Senior did get rid of Coyle and wouldnt sign any of his players in January. 

Yes indeed. Now with the benefit of hindsight Coyle was on his way as soon as Senior was appointed. Leaving Coyle in place during the January window now provides good cover to Senior for not getting many new players in just a not needed striker plus Emnes.

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes indeed. Now with the benefit of hindsight Coyle was on his way as soon as Senior was appointed. Leaving Coyle in place during the January window now provides good cover to Senior for not getting many new players in just a not needed striker plus Emnes.

I did say that as soon as Senior was appointed that Coyle was dead man walking. Said this from day 1 When Senior came in.

Leaving Coyle in place? I'm pretty much sure Senior has been trying to get rid of him from day 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I did say that as soon as Senior was appointed that Coyle was dead man walking. Said this from day 1 When Senior came in.

Leaving Coyle in place? I'm pretty much sure Senior has been trying to get rid of him from day 1

Really Nostradamus ? How prescient of you. Most of us thought Coyle was doing a great job.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I meant leaving him in place as an excuse for little transfer activity. I agree that Coyle was doomed as soon as Senior slithered into Ewood

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said two well known ex players said something negative about Senior on the radio. I asked what they said. You won't say what they said. 

Were you telling porkies? 

Do some searching back it's there

• Like 2

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15115646.Tony_Mowbray_eyes_defensive_improvement_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mr&lp=16

"I’m hoping that I can resolve that, but I still want to attack and try and score goals. I need to make sure that if we’re attacking we’ve still got the back door shut and we have players whose job it is to not go past the ball and to protect the team from a counter-attack. Over a period of time we can do some more extensive work and I will drill them and drill them on what I expect and where I expect them to be on a football pitch.

“I see modern football as a positional game, how to fill spaces on the pitch, how many men to commit forward, how many players to defend with, when do you gamble and when do you use your game management, so I want them to learn. From what I can see in their eyes, some of it is new to them, which is always good, and I hope they take to it"

A sad indictment of the 'outstanding candidate'. At least this fella sounds like a football club manager. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

There is a link on page 8 on the Coyle sacked thread for a bbc radio Lancashire special,both Sutton and Brett ormerod give their thoughts and you can tell that they both don't have a high opinion of Senior,with Ormerod labelling him patronising Paul

New poster Bigdoggsteel does not want to believe it.. Yes Bigdoggsteel it's real it really was said 

40 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15115646.Tony_Mowbray_eyes_defensive_improvement_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mr&lp=16

"I’m hoping that I can resolve that, but I still want to attack and try and score goals. I need to make sure that if we’re attacking we’ve still got the back door shut and we have players whose job it is to not go past the ball and to protect the team from a counter-attack. Over a period of time we can do some more extensive work and I will drill them and drill them on what I expect and where I expect them to be on a football pitch.

“I see modern football as a positional game, how to fill spaces on the pitch, how many men to commit forward, how many players to defend with, when do you gamble and when do you use your game management, so I want them to learn. From what I can see in their eyes, some of it is new to them, which is always good, and I hope they take to it"

A sad indictment of the 'outstanding candidate'. At least this fella sounds like a football club manager. 

Watching him standing on the touchline all game, not only does he sound like a manager he looks and acts like a manager.  A welcome change from the past two managers we've had.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Having read quotes from him in the LT I'm both encouraged and discouraged.

Discouraged if he thinks we're a premier league set up - from our joke owners who don't communicate and take an age on decisions, to a director of football (which doesn't work in the UK) who is pretty incompetent with conflicting interests to a budget of a league 1 team there is nothing premier league about our set up. He's in for a nasty shock on this score. Or he's stupidly naive.

However he spent Thursday working on defensive shape which shows he has more of a grasp of what's going on than Clueless did. The fact some of it was new to the players is damning pf the previous regime but gives me optimism we can shore things up.

Overall I feel he'll keep us up before running afoul of our owners and failing when the next round of budget cuts kick in.

Sums it up perfectly 

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Watching him standing on the touchline all game, not only does he sound like a manager he looks and acts like a manager.  A welcome change from the past two managers we've had.

Is that including Lambert? I don't disagree but Bowyer never looked like a manager either.

8 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Lambert wasnt a manager? Are you having a laugh? The only real manager we have had under these clowns

• Like 3

People talking with great authority about stuff they know nowt about as per usual.

I'm surrounded by Wolves fans where I live and in the main theyre happy with Lambert, and realise he needs more than a few weeks to turn things around.

The bunkum posted about Mowbray last night was some of the biggest load of cr@p I've ever read on here and I've read some right nonsense over the years. 

Give the guy a bleedin chance!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

• Backroom
Just now, Gav said:

People talking with great authority about stuff they know nowt about as per usual.

I'm surrounded by Wolves fans where I live and in the main are happy with Lambert, and realise he needs more than a few weeks to turn things around.

I work with a couple of Wolves fans and consensus is pretty much the same. Their opinion is that he needs to have a clear out in the summer and a proper pre-season to sort them out. They're confident of still being a Championship team this time next season. 

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

I think you might find Wolves fans disagree at the moment.

So Lambert isn't a manager but Bowyer was?

Your forgiveness of all things Bowyer did (and didn't do), and the extent you will rubbish proven managers to make your point, is bordering on belligerence.

• Like 4