BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers dont have the money. Just wondered who was paying for Forster.

The sending back of Walton and releasing JL would surely make a nice contribution to it.

Especially if they are considering spending a fee on Walton !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rovers dont have the money. Just wondered who was paying for Forster.

We have eight players out of contract in the summer if I'm remembering rightly. Walton goes back and his wage goes off the books. Hard to say what the result for our wage budget of all that will be.

It does seem Forster is on something in the region of 60-70k per week, but I doubt Celtic are paying anything approaching that. Sinclair was meant to be their highest paid player on about 35k. Maybe Southampton will loan him out again. And contribute most of the wages. Maybe they'll be thankful after shafting us for Gally.

I do agree it's probably one we can't afford without a huge wage subsidy (and he's not out of contract until 2021), but I don't think there was any need to snark the poster about him paying for it personally. Not everyone has looked up everyone else's (reported) wages before making a suggestion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We have eight players out of contract in the summer if I'm remembering rightly. Walton goes back and his wage goes off the books. Hard to say what the result for our wage budget of all that will be.

It does seem Forster is on something in the region of 60-70k per week, but I doubt Celtic are paying anything approaching that. Sinclair was meant to be their highest paid player on about 35k. Maybe Southampton will loan him out again. And contribute most of the wages. Maybe they'll be thankful after shafting us for Gally.

I do agree it's probably one we can't afford without a huge wage subsidy (and he's not out of contract until 2021), but I don't think there was any need to snark the poster about him paying for it personally. Not everyone has looked up everyone else's (reported) wages before making a suggestion.

Didn't know he was on that much myself to be honest. However if we want a quality keeper we are going to have to pay north of 15 grand per week even on a subsidized one.

Just the way it is, pay or flounder about trying to find another to grow and sell.

• Like 1

Just now, tomphil said:

Didn't know he was on that much myself to be honest. However if we want a quality keeper we are going to have to pay north of 15 grand per week even on a subsidized one.

Just the way it is, pay or flounder about trying to find another to grow and sell.

I'd stick with Walton and spend the 15k somewhere else.  I've seen worse and he made a cracking save late on the other day.  Meanwhile Raya was doing his normal shit.  I'd keep walton for a bit longer see how he goes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I knew he was on a hefty wage, however, he is 32 in March, Southampton don’t want him, if he wants to play he will need to take a pay cut and Southampton a nice wee bonus to leave. Is it worth asking or are we just going to wait until the summer and have many many positions to fill quickly? Have a word mate. (To the original poster not the one I quoted)

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Ahh sorry didn’t know we had rovers book keeper on the board 

You might recall (it was less than a week ago) that we couldn't afford to buy ANYBODY even kids from the lower leagues.

Whether we have no money or whether we have money but can't spend it, the result is the same.

Funny how some fans slip seamlessly from January window to Summer window, punctuated only by a shrug.

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

same wage budget = same quality or lower. Better players are on better wages. 

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd stick with Walton and spend the 15k somewhere else.  I've seen worse and he made a cracking save late on the other day.  Meanwhile Raya was doing his normal shit.  I'd keep walton for a bit longer see how he goes.

All depends on the fee if there is one. I suspect it wouldn't be cheap.

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

You might recall (it was less than a week ago) that we couldn't afford to buy ANYBODY even kids from the lower leagues.

Whether we have no money or whether we have money but can't spend it, the result is the same.

We have told why we didn't sign anyone. Most transfers were loans not permanent transfers. Rovers are right to not over pay if we decide the asking price is far too much. 

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Funny how some fans slip seamlessly from January window to Summer window, punctuated only by a shrug.

Well what else to you want fans to do?.keep complaining every day about it on here like people do with Sam Gallagher!

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have told why we didn't sign anyone. Most transfers were loans not permanent transfers. Rovers are right to not over pay if we decide the asking price is far too much. 

Well what else to you want fans to do?.keep complaining every day about it on here like people do with Sam Gallagher!

I think when you are perennially let down / misled you have a right to air your opinion . I mean based on what we were being told you were expecting something like 7/8 signings . 
expectations not met . 
imagine if you had a heart condition and the surgeon said oh yes we will sort that out no problem and things will improve , then they come back to you and say oh we opened you up , it was complicated and expensive so we did nothing , if anything it’s more precarious but make do till summer . 

22 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I think when you are perennially let down / misled you have a right to air your opinion . I mean based on what we were being told you were expecting something like 7/8 signings . 
expectations not met . 
imagine if you had a heart condition and the surgeon said oh yes we will sort that out no problem and things will improve , then they come back to you and say oh we opened you up , it was complicated and expensive so we did nothing , if anything it’s more precarious but make do till summer . 

I wasnt expecting 7 or 8 signings in the January window. 

I said we signed 7 players last summer and expect at least 2 in January to make in 9 to prove to bid Dogstell we can sign 9 signings in a season. Cos I said we need 7 to 9 signings this summer cos of players out of contract and loans going back. 

On 04/02/2020 at 20:11, Bbrovers2288 said:

I see matty longstaff is playing tonight but atsu can’t even get into newcastle b squad, doesn’t look like he has a future there. Good chance to watch oxford too who have been producing some quality players last few years 

How on earth Oxford are so low down the table is beyond me, they must struggle defensively. They've got some quality attackers, seem to be seeping creative ball carriers out of their eye-balls. Even Joe Rothwell who came from there, but it has been a much more concentrated pack of dribblers this year at OU.

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

With all due respect you know nothing- as do I- about rovers finances. We may have a lot more money than you think. Added in we lose a lot of players, finally move on some high wages, mulgrew, added to that , the lad is 32, he has 3-4 good years left, does he want to be stuck on a bench for them or does he want to end his career well. You have all these factors that make it a lot more possible than your stock answer of we have no money. Is there a chance he wants too much wages- of course. Is there a chance Celtic are bluffing and do actually want him- of course. I said we should be asking the question. Worst thing we can do is not look now for our goalkeeper next season and then panic like we done last summer when we didn’t get the tadget we wanted when we sold raya. Preparations have to have started already. Try and not be so doom and gloom, things have been worse 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

With all due respect you know nothing- as do I- about rovers finances. We may have a lot more money than you think. Added in we lose a lot of players, finally move on some high wages, mulgrew, added to that , the lad is 32, he has 3-4 good years left, does he want to be stuck on a bench for them or does he want to end his career well. You have all these factors that make it a lot more possible than your stock answer of we have no money. Is there a chance he wants too much wages- of course. Is there a chance Celtic are bluffing and do actually want him- of course. I said we should be asking the question. Worst thing we can do is not look now for our goalkeeper next season and then panic like we done last summer when we didn’t get the tadget we wanted when we sold raya. Preparations have to have started already. Try and not be so doom and gloom, things have been worse 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/inside-blackburn-rovers-finances-what-17494957

This article pretty much lays bare our financial issues. With FFP looming large I can't see anymore big spending either on transfer fees or wages. It mentions 154% of income spent on wages alone now.

In my view the only way out of this mess is bringing the kids through and selling them on.

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/inside-blackburn-rovers-finances-what-17494957

This article pretty much lays bare our financial issues. With FFP looming large I can't see anymore big spending either on transfer fees or wages. It mentions 154% of income spent on wages alone now.

In my view the only way out of this mess is bringing the kids through and selling them on.

Or getting promoted.... 

No, you are correct. The likes of Travis, Nyambe etc are our hope of getting out of that.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

well we don't know how close we are the FFP line. TBH, The Football league have mis management this and some championship clubs are probably considering taking the Football League to court on a case of restriction of trade. 

I have said before that our academy is the way forward and we have to bringing through our academy players each year. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

They've basically gone halfway to recreating the mess they'd made such an effort to fix.

Ridiculous, yes FFP is a nonsense but it's there they knew damn well about it. I'm not sure they hinged everything on selling Dack as anything can happen in football they knew that.  I think it was either just winging it along as usual or plans for a fire sale again after front loading a bit on the 3 strikers.

All this 'building football clubs' behind the scenes that they claim to be experts in costs money, a lot of money. Then the famous 'flex' mixture of big fees lower wages and no fee low fee, higher wages malarky.  You end up again with a Prem infrastructure ( after pulling one to bits ) wage bill growing again with little on the pitch in return and pushing back towards sanctions. All this on a town club that'll never pull money in through the gates in the middle of the 2nd tier.

If there ever was a plan i'm pretty sure year 3 or 4 of it was earmarked for significant financial returns to cover years 1-3.

I don't reckon the play offs or having a team challenging for promotion has even entered their heads it's all balance sheet stuff run by number crunchers. A business plan rather than a football one.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

This % wage to turnover ratio has been exactly the same in the last two sets of accounts. Coincidence or a working model?

I hadn't picked up on the numbers being the same - good spot.

How would that work in a 'working model'?

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

The thing is Arbitro , if they came out and said this is our true position, the real state of our finances etc etc  and that our immediate future will be to bring our kids through (and possibly have to sell the best ones on) then at least we'd all understand it and manage our expectations accordingly. In other words... the realities of where we are now .

But no, we keep getting fed one load of bullsh1t after another, patronised by Waggott , intelligence insulted by Mowbray, fans to blame for this that and the other. We pretend we are serious as a Club about trying to get to the play offs and then start going for unrealistic loan targets who we could not possibly afford and then say ''its the market'' shrug , shrug. I mean Atsu on £50k a week , really???? Not a chance.

Unless we discover the Class of 92 very quickly then we will do well to stay in this league never mind go up. That's not to be critical of our kids in any way at all. Its the harsh reality that we all know but which keeps being constantly denied by the morons in charge.

If the Club came out and informed us properly of the true position then most of us would accept it and most would buy into it and rally round our youngsters. The fact they don't is what really infuriates and what ultimately causes fans to switch off and turn their backs. Which bit of this don't these clowns understand???? 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well we don't know how close we are the FFP line. 

The article makes it pretty clear that we are close. I get the positive only but it's a bit Comical Ali when you have the accounts in front of you. It's clear from this the financial situation is poor, perhaps not clear entirely how stuffed we are/what wiggle room there is but clear enough that it is not good. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blue blood said:

The article makes it pretty clear that we are close. I get the positive only but it's a bit Comical Ali when you have the accounts in front of you. It's clear from this the financial situation is poor, perhaps not clear entirely how stuffed we are/what wiggle room there is but clear enough that it is not good. 

I think it's clear we are on top of things. The management is monitoring the 3 year cycles and keeping us out of trouble. Not always easy as a fan, but I feel we are safe enough.