BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 hours ago, phili said:

As far as i know Venky's have never put a penny of their own cash into us. It has been loans and mortgages from the Bank of India using the 1000's of acres of prime land and real estate they own as collateral for these loans.

This is all well and good so long as the land assets continue to increase, to enable them to remortgage every couple of years and they pay the interest payments. 

Issue arise such as 4 years ago and our relegation from premier league when they can't remortgage quickly or land prices have not gone up sufficiently. This is when, such as during the last summer of Gary Bowyer and the Coyle summer, when we had difficulty paying our wage bill on a number of occasions in those 2 seasons.

So long as the loans stay with Venky's everything is ok, if the loans are transferred to the UK holding company then that is when we will be put into administration and quickly.

This summer i expect it to be very tight again, as land prices have fallen and the Bank of India is calling in loans and not lending at present.

At some point it will all come crashing down on us. I'd rather get it over with sooner rather than later.

This summer could be interesting as they will have even less interest in Rovers than normal with other things on their minds.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Chris, when you start giving straight answers you can start on your high horse.

It’s hard to know which Chaddy I’m posting with from one month to the next.

typical of you Stuart. You cant answer the most straight forward questions. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Stuart said:

I’m trying to be nice Chris.

Stuart, be nice or dont. Do you think I'm bothered! 

I reply to your posts with detail response and some simple and straightforward questions. No nasty or disrespectful comments. So I dont see why you being like this since it was yourself who reply to my original post. 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We would need 2 attacking full backs to make that system work properly.

We need an experience keeper and partner for Lenihan, plus 1st choice left back. Back up right back and keeper and right winger

Will we not need a first choice right back? Or do you think Bennett should be playing should play there?

As you said Nyambe will be sold

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

typical of you Stuart. You cant answer the most straight forward questions. 

Chaddy he's not wrong. You frequently ignore the most important points posters make. Sometimes you probably think you're answering them, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there, but really you're swerving it and talking about some other thinly-related issue. I've seen you do this many, many times over the years. Nothing personal, it's just true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Chaddy he's not wrong. You frequently ignore the most important points posters make. Sometimes you probably think you're answering them, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there, but really you're swerving it and talking about some other thinly-related issue. I've seen you do this many, many times over the years. Nothing personal, it's just true.

Well you stick it for Stuart but bear in mind he reply to.my original post. My questions were simple and straightforward. Anyway I leave it there with the questions to him. 

Points are answered but maybe not the way you would like them to but I don't always see things as the way other posters do. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

If Leeds have been put off by Liverpool's valuation like the article says, we have no chance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Says 1.5m later on in the article. Leeds will be shopping in a different world now.

They were promoted the day after the article, but it was always looking likely. Any one of a number of results going their way was going to seal it. Then playoffs as backup.

But perhaps the thinking was, if they don't get promoted then 1.5 mill is too much for an 18 year old LB. But if they got promoted they can get someone more proven, for big bucks, and the kid wants game time.

Anything near 1.5 mill sounds too rich for our blood too though. Especially for an 18 year old defender who the article says needs to improve defensively. When has TM ever made an 18 yr old a first team regular? Plus he keeps midfielders out the side because he seems them inadequate defensively, let alone defenders.

I may have missed it but I didn't see the article saying we were interested anyway, only that he would be a good fit for our approach.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm sure the chap Cunningham is coming back. Although ive always liked Shane Ferguson for the left.

I'm not so sure about Cunningham. You don't normally become a better player after injuries like that. We'll already have one coming back in Dack, I'm not sure I'd want two potential liabilities. Is he the only left back on the planet ? Is our European scout self isolating in his bedroom ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It would be a typical Rovers signing of someone ‘that’s been in the building’, but it would still be a no-brainier. Gave us balance and overlapping options we’ve not had at left back for a long time.

I'd be happy if it was the same player that we had pre-injury but it may not be. It's a gamble we shouldn't have to take.

• Like 1

How do we know if Cunningham is going to be the same or not ?  Too many misty eyes again although it would be typical of this regime to punt on an unfit player again just to look after him.

Let the guy come back on loan and prove he's worth a contract for gods sake.  Just look at Gladwin & Chapman for recent examples.