BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Don't think you can't rule ANYTHING out where Rovers are concerned.

As I've said before, think Waggott and Mowbray already know the financial score.

If it's as bad as it might be, that will necessitate £20million in fees and savings on wages.

Just now, Mercer said:

Don't think you can't rule ANYTHING out where Rovers are concerned.

As I've said before, think Waggott and Mowbray already know the financial score.

If it's as bad as it might be, that will necessitate £20million in fees and savings on wages.

Hmm. I'm not sure i agree on the figures but yeah, the general point remains. I wouldn't trust anything at Rovers and the noise coming out of Ewood at the moment are not good ones.

If the tap from India is turned off then ANYTHING is on the table. These are the people who ushered Tom Cairney out the door for a knock down fee without even consulting the manager

It could be a fire sale but surely even they know the consequences of selling our few prized assets.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hmm. I'm not sure i agree on the figures but yeah, the general point remains. I wouldn't trust anything at Rovers and the noise coming out of Ewood at the moment are not good ones.

If the tap from India is turned off then ANYTHING is on the table. These are the people who ushered Tom Cairney out the door for a knock down fee without even consulting the manager

It could be a fire sale but surely even they know the consequences of selling our few prized assets.

If their stance is not a rupee more.........................!!!

7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I'd take Joe Hart if the money was right and he was in the right frame of mind and sufficiently motivated. He's only 32, is an international and in a similar situation to when we took Friedel and Robinson. He'd be able to aid the development of Fisher, Hilton and the other academy goalkeepers.

On this basis I’d do what Derby have done with Rooney. Offer him a player coach role on a mint. Can’t be any worse than Benson...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

No absolutely, I totally agree as long as its a couple of real bits of otherwise unobtainable quality to supplement a squad and give them that last push over the line. Not 5 or 6 as that leads to further problems.

The Watford was a unique example due to the joint ownership with Udinese, I think it was a loophole in the rules that has since been closed, and many of them players were transferred permanently at the end of it.

For ourselves, especially considering the financial situation, I am all for us getting one or two bits of real quality to add onto what we have, in areas that we are lacking. Not 5 or 6 though.

I'd be ok with a Rovers side full of loan players firing us into the Premier League.

If you look at the team now - say we'd finished 6th and went up via the Playoffs. You'd be replacing pretty much the full side if you had any aspirations of staying up.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

These are the people who ushered Tom Cairney out the door for a knock down fee without even consulting the manager

Wasn't that sale to pay a HMRC tax bill who were threatening to launch administration proceedings.

The summer will be very difficult for us and I expect more player sales than arrivals. The good news is a lot of the academy lads are coming through so we should have a reasonably competitive side when all of the sellable assets are sold.

Also if Coventry have the funds and Venky's accept the offer, he will be gone.

• Like 1

Travis to Coventry, Armstrong to Wigan, nyambe to Stanley, Dack to Wycombe. On the face of it it’s a joke but we know if anyone stumps up the readies there’s little logic to the Venkys thinking. 

How can you second guess owners that aren’t interested in success or balancing the books. 

• Like 2

I’ll hazard a guess that the twitter account claiming Travis to Coventry isn’t even run by a human. Looks more like a ‘bot’ set to pull clicks. Maybe Rovers and Coventry fans were particularly active at that point of the day etc...send a a tweet like this and Boooom...

• Like 1

What the fans want or what the player wants are immaterial at this club.

I agree that for what Travis is worth none but a select few Championship clubs should be able to afford him. I'm not going to give it credence by discussing what appears to be a baseless story.

General point remains - nothing is off the table with these owners. Let's suppose Waggott needs the cash for July pay day. The phone to India is dead. Venkys are silent. Not beyond the realms of possibility that in desperation Waggott would accept a cheeky bid of a couple of million from somewhere to keep things ticking over for a month.

Should it be possible? No

With Venkys it is.

• Like 1

It won’t happen, but if something similar did it would just be met with a shrug from a large part of the fanbase (and a certain few on here).

’Face facts, we are a small club’

’That’s why we have an academy’

’Quite right that the owners look to balances the books’.

• Like 2

We'll find a lot out in the next few days. Under normal circumstances and with how generous Tony is with contracts, you would expect all of our out of contract players to be offered new deals. If all of them leave without being offered any type of deal, it would indicate that Venky's have turned the taps off and we will most likely be selling most of our star players.

The interview yesterday about 6+ loan players is also a worry.

4 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

For a downwards move like that I'd fully expect him to turn it down. If a Prem side came in for him then it's another story...

That's when the club PR machine kicks in to turn the player into a villain and ensure that there isn't a future here for him. Players like Cairney weren't keen to leave either but when the club starts courting interest and makes its intentions clear its obvious how things will end up.

E.g. manager dropping hints in public that we need the money, suggestions that he has refused a new contract or isn't committed to the cause (Ben Marshall) or promises about it being a sacrifice worth making to generate cash for reinvestment (Raya). 

Double edged impact of turning the fans in favour of it whilst also making the player feel unwanted.

Not saying that's what's happening here but I wouldn't rule it out.

Just now, JHRover said:

That's when the club PR machine kicks in to turn the player into a villain and ensure that there isn't a future here for him. Players like Cairney weren't keen to leave either but when the club starts courting interest and makes its intentions clear its obvious how things will end up.

E.g. manager dropping hints in public that we need the money, suggestions that he has refused a new contract or isn't committed to the cause (Ben Marshall) or promises about it being a sacrifice worth making to generate cash for reinvestment (Raya). 

Double edged impact of turning the fans in favour of it whilst also making the player feel unwanted.

Not saying that's what's happening here but I wouldn't rule it out.

I 100% believe this happens but I still think Coventry is a tough sell. I said a Prem club but actually I think any Championship club in and around us, they'd put the spin on you mention and try and get him out of the door.