Sign in to follow this  
chaddyrovers

Millwall Away

18 hours ago, Mercer said:

Nyambe has all the attributes to develop into a PL full back.

Disagree. Premier League Full Backs are practically wingers in 2020, and Nyambe can't shoot or cross or pass at a Premier League level. In fact in an attacking sense, he's average for the Championship. 

He has the strength, the pace and these days the defensive wherewith-all, but to say he has ALL the attributes is very optimistic for him. He can't create things moving forward, he's uncomfortable in the opposition half let alone their final third. There's only a very select few PL clubs who don't use high attacking wingers these days.

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

Crossing or shooting can be improved significantly with the appropriate drills in training.  You put the extra hours in and you reap the benefits.

And this statement seems very odd. How on earth can we know whether Ryan Nyambe has been doing crossing drills for two years or not? Tony Mowbray did an LT article last year claiming that Ryan spends a lot of time on the grass after training working on his delivery. 

The assumption that a move to a PL club would suddenly make him a great attacking football seems really interesting to me. 

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Disagree. Premier League Full Backs are practically wingers in 2020, and Nyambe can't shoot or cross or pass at a Premier League level. In fact in an attacking sense, he's average for the Championship. 

He has the strength, the pace and these days the defensive wherewith-all, but to say he has ALL the attributes is very optimistic for him. He can't create things moving forward, he's uncomfortable in the opposition half let alone their final third. There's only a very select few PL clubs who don't use high attacking wingers these days.

Well let's see where he ends up.

My view is he is capable of playing in the PL with the right support through good management and coaching.

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

And this statement seems very odd. How on earth can we know whether Ryan Nyambe has been doing crossing drills for two years or not? Tony Mowbray did an LT article last year claiming that Ryan spends a lot of time on the grass after training working on his delivery. 

The assumption that a move to a PL club would suddenly make him a great attacking football seems really interesting to me. 

Did I say 'a great attacking footballer in the PL' - no I didn't.

There is coaching and coaching and drills and drills.  IMO, Mowbray, Venus and Lowe will never get the best out of Nyambe.  I think better managers and coaches will.  Case in point Raya who, IMO, looks a far more confident and competent goalkeeper since he moved to Brentford.

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

There is coaching and coaching and drills and drills.

A complete stab in the dark. You don't know either way whether he works on those things or not.

Your point on Raya is very different and not at all comparable, our goalkeeping coach has never played pro football and is notoriously crap. I don't think the same can be said for our entire coaching set up. 

Lewis Travis must have been catching a lot of trains down to Brentford's training ground ;)