BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

That *was* the January Window

I have read through the last dozen or so pages and am as confused as I expected to be..

My recollection is that there are rules about who can process the transfer filings to the EFL- either the company secretary or the CEO/Chairman.

So Rovers' save/send story fingers either Silvester or Waggott as the ham fisted typist.

Silvester has been a football company secretary since at least his appointment at Liverpool in 2005 so he is hardly unexperienced in these matters.

I will repeat that Waggott as CEO carries ultimate operational responsibility and must go.  

• Like 8

Could somebody PLEASE confirm that Sylvester is still at Rovers.  I have been told that Silvester left well over a year so and that Chesterton took on Sylvester's responsibility.  Is there anyone who could confirm or put me straight on this point?

19 minutes ago, JimEdd said:

Could somebody PLEASE confirm that Sylvester is still at Rovers.  I have been told that Silvester left well over a year so and that Chesterton took on Sylvester's responsibility.  Is there anyone who could confirm or put me straight on this point?

Rovers think he's still in situ, but they have been known to be capable of extreme FUs

Ashfaq Hasan is listed and I'm sure I read a few pages back that he's gone a while back.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/club/staff/

Screenshot_20240207-222903.png

Edited by AllRoverAsia

The Rao rift seems plausible. I remember chat on here perhaps a decade ago along the same lines. That is, the club was something of a pet project and plaything of Balaji (of which he has had other failed instances) but Mrs Desai had little or no interest and was not amused about how the project had gone. Seems reasonable that the rift has perhaps widened and grown more acrimonious.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray had a bad run pretty much every season and Bowyer did too. Prior to them we didn't have a manager in situ long enough for them to go on a bad run. How many managers have we appointed who we had to pay compensation for? I think none. The conclusion I draw from that the owners don't really consider the manager/head coach an important role.

I think you've forgotten (or more like had surgically scrubbed from your memory) the bald headed muppet under whom our footballing demise started...

But like you say, given how 💩 that incumbent was, it does support the premise that the owners don't consider it an important role.

(I can't bring myself to type his name, but his level of incompetence is certainly befitting of this thread.)

• Like 4

I just can't give any credibility to the 'oops, sorry, we forgot to press the button' excuse.

Both the club and the individuals involved have processed hundreds of transfers without any such incident, over many years.

All of a sudden, we see 3 cock-ups in 12 months.
It simply cannot be accidental or incompetence.

And it cannot be allowed to be swept under the carpet as such.

• Like 9

• Backroom

Have to say it is very hard to believe that after last year's fiasco something like that could have happened. As someone else said, Broughton would surely have been double and triple checking everything had gone through to ensure he wasn't embarrassed again. It's his reputation being given a battering if another fuck up happens, in his first appointment as DoF. I struggle to accept he wouldn't have been making 110% sure that everything had gone through exactly as it needed to. It leads me to believe he either talks a good game but is utterly incompetent, or that there's more to this than the club are telling us. I'm not one for conspiracies but it's a question of whether you believe Gregg is an idiot or the club are keeping something out of the public domain. Granted it could be both. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Andy said:

I just can't give any credibility to the 'oops, sorry, we forgot to press the button' excuse.

Both the club and the individuals involved have processed hundreds of transfers without any such incident, over many years.

All of a sudden, we see 3 cock-ups in 12 months.
It simply cannot be accidental or incompetence.

And it cannot be allowed to be swept under the carpet as such.

Yeh this is 100% deliberate as far as I am concerned. For it to happen where 2 of the 3 failures were for biggish money/wages yet we see frees and loans coming in with relatively no issue. Oh and no problems with submitting forms or paperwork when we are selling players I notice.

An actual attempt at sabotage by Waggott and Venkys and then a muddled up sh*t-show attempt to appease fans by having a group of footballers cobbled together.

Stinks to the high heavens just like everything else Rovers this week. Just when you think the club couldn't embarrass itself further it keeps surprising us.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Have to say it is very hard to believe that after last year's fiasco something like that could have happened. As someone else said, Broughton would surely have been double and triple checking everything had gone through to ensure he wasn't embarrassed again. It's his reputation being given a battering if another fuck up happens, in his first appointment as DoF. I struggle to accept he wouldn't have been making 110% sure that everything had gone through exactly as it needed to. It leads me to believe he either talks a good game but is utterly incompetent, or that there's more to this than the club are telling us. I'm not one for conspiracies but it's a question of whether you believe Gregg is an idiot or the club are keeping something out of the public domain. Granted it could be both. 

Unless last year was also a SHAM. can't believe anything the club say

• Like 1

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

All rovers..

Screenshot_2024-02-07-21-15-53-91_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

I was told about the validity of this story earlier this week and frankly appalled by what Waggott was trying to do. Imagine trying not to pay a bona fide bonus to a 19 year old kid who had just brought in a record fee. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

Don't really understand the reasoning in that post. Waggott's reason was that Wharton didn't want the move? Isn't that the whole point of paying a loyalty bonus - if he's sold against his will and hasn't asked for a transfer? 

Even waggot was confused about what to do. Wharton goes and he pays him loyalty bonus?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Don't really understand the reasoning in that post. Waggott's reason was that Wharton didn't want the move? Isn't that the whole point of paying a loyalty bonus - if he's sold against his will and hasn't asked for a transfer? 

My understanding was that Adam was due some bonus but I wasn't told what it was for but I'd imagine a loyalty one which is normally paid over the length of a contract after an initial payment on signing. When Waggott was made aware of this by Adams agent he didn't want to pay it saying Rovers couldn't afford it. I understand there was a compromise.

• Backroom
Just now, arbitro said:

My understanding was that Adam was due some bonus but I wasn't told what it was for but I'd imagine a loyalty one which is normally paid over the length of a contract after an initial payment on signing. When Waggott was made aware of this by Adams agent he didn't want to pay it saying Rovers couldn't afford it. I understand there was a compromise.

If we've not only pushed Adam out the door against his will but also presumably preyed on his love of the club to give him less than he was due then that really is unforgiveable. I really hope that isn't what happened - but why else would Adam compromise on something he was contractually owed?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But, but, he's told some fans we have money until the summer, without the Wharton sale.

F*ck Waggott, wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, DE. said:

If we've not only pushed Adam out the door against his will but also presumably preyed on his love of the club to give him less than he was due then that really is unforgiveable. I really hope that isn't what happened - but why else would Adam compromise on something he was contractually owed?

I think some of your first sentence answers your question in the second sentence.

Waggott is a snake.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DE. said:

Presume that's a typo, and he meant to put that Waggott's reasoning is that he was claiming Adam DID want the move.

So guilt tripping him out of the Club by saying we'd be in peril if he didn't go, then trying to swindle him out of a loyalty bonus to which he was contractually entitled.

Just the sort of conduct you'd expect from a classy operator like Waggott.

• Like 3

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Presume that's a typo, and he meant to put that Waggott's reasoning is that he was claiming Adam DID want the move.

So guilt tripping him out of the Club by saying we'd be in peril if he didn't go, then trying to swindle him out of a loyalty bonus to which he was contractually entitled.

Just the sort of conduct you'd expect from a classy operator like Waggott.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the loyalty bonus is only voided if the player specifically asks for a transfer listing. There's no indication Adam did this, so yeah, whether it's a typo or not the entire thing is nonsense and if we did refuse to give Adam his loyalty bonus then it's yet another shameful episode in what has been a ruinous week for the club. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NeilInBristol said:

All rovers..

Screenshot_2024-02-07-21-15-53-91_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Waggot slowing the deal down wouldn't surprise me.

I believe he was responsible for our drop in form last season, being as leaky as an old fat man with incontinence, when he should have been shielding the squad when we had a chance of the play offs. And of course the buck stops with him over O'Brien which would have certainly got us at least an extra point. A complete and utter bastard.

• Like 1