SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impression is that BRFC are so distracted by attracting new money that they neglect to look after the supporters who have been coming year after year.

I definitely won't be renewing next season if we get relegated, because they will be giving tickets away again at £10 a go for EVERY match (bar, Burnley) which is a TOTAL INSULT to people who fork out for a season ticket. Let's see BRFC attracting new money then.

I'm sorry, but when have Rovers been offering tickets for a tenner for every match?

The ST is by far the cheapest in the Premiership and cheaper than most clubs in the Championship.

I guess Rovers are just so distracted by attracting new money, eh?

They WILL be giving them away i.e. it will happen in the future i.e. it hasn't happened yet.

Apology accepted.

"If you've been away this season twice and held a season ticket you'd have got one, simple as that."

So you think somebody who is a a first-time half season ticket holder who went to Bolton and City this season deserves as much loyalty from their club as somebody who has been a season ticket holder for 13 continuous seasons and has been to innummerable away games over the seasons.

"This is an away fixture why should home FA Cup ties count?"

What about Cardiff, I'm sure that fixture was played at.........Ninian Park............which is..........an away fixture. I want to go to an FA Cup tie for it's own merit, not just because we've drawn Burnley.

"Spot on by the club even if i didn't get one" = "It doesn't matter how much you take me for granted, I'll still be there like an eager puppy"

So,

Lets have a great complex scheme - bearing in mind we have a fortnight to do this in.

So Day 1 - ST holders who have had a ST for more than 20 years with 2 away stubs for this season

Day 2 - 15 years with two away stubs

Day 3 - 10- years with two away stubs

you see where Im goign with this....

Incredibly confusing.

I somehow feel that youd feel different had you actually gone to away games this season and managed to get a ticket on monday.

They WILL be giving them away i.e. it will happen in the future i.e. it hasn't happened yet.

Apology accepted.

I bet you, that they won't price them that low.

You have the cheek to compare loyalty, someone who threatens to chuck his ST because the team got relegated isn't worth any preferential treatment from the club.

Got my 3 tickets by 10.45 this morning and think the system was fair.Earlier on Monday got 2 tickets for me and mate with 2 Away stubs.

So The first 2 were rewarded and if I had been too late for remaining 3 then it would have been unfortunate but tough.

As a Sofia Away queuer who got to the outside door but no further when queueing for Celtic away then this was much fairer. 14,000 does go into 3,800 but the result is 0.271 or 1 chance in 5 of a ticket.

Ask Jim what it were like in 1960 wi'th postal ballot!

no, even citeh was not sold out

yes it was, i couldnt get one for the 2nd seaosn running because im lazy.

As for Burnley, the system was definatley fair. Those of us who are season ticket holders and go to away games should get first priority, thats obvious. Those who go to the odd home game and then expect to get to burnley because its only 8 miles away, before others who have wasted weekends travelling the country to see rovers are havin a laugh. At the end of the day, if we were playing, say, villa away and it was on tv next sunday, im sure lots of you complaining would sit in your nice warm house watching it, therefore you dont deserve a ticket for Burnley.

So you think somebody who is a a first-time half season ticket holder who went to Bolton and City this season deserves as much loyalty from their club as somebody who has been a season ticket holder for 13 continuous seasons and has been to innummerable away games over the seasons.

The ticket office have to prioritise people who should or should not get tickets. This is probably quite difficult as they have to define each set of people clearly. They cant really make categories such as 'had a season ticket for over 10 years and been to some away games', 'had a season ticket for 5 years but never been to an away game', 'only had a season ticket this year but been to every game home and away'. So they have to draw a line somewhere.

The only way they can really do it is by going on the current season as, in general, people who have been to more games this season are more deserving of a ticket than people who have only been to a couple of games this season.

We had a week in the Canaries booked for January. My wife, due to work commitments, wanted it moving. It was moved to later in January. She then wanted it moving again. So it was moved to March. She then wanted it moving again, so it was moved to February. We then paid up.

NOT JUST ANY TIME IN FEBRUARY - THE ******* 19 TH FEBRUARY!! ohmy.gif

Gutted - I haven't missed an East Lancs Derby since I saw my first in 1970, all competitions, league, Lancs Cup, home or away.

Great to see we have sold out, as expected. Give them hell, have a great day out and make sure we WIN. tinykit.gif

Apology accepted.

You have the cheek to compare loyalty, someone who threatens to chuck his ST because the team got relegated isn't worth any preferential treatment from the club.

Having a season ticket IS NOT a pre-requisite for attending a football match. Plenty of people who come to watch Rovers don't have season tickets.

Not renewing my season ticket doesn't mean that I won't be going to games. It will probably mean I will be able to save some money.

I didn't have a season ticket before Ewood was rebuilt because you didn't need one. I DID keep my season ticket last time we got relegated.

You're quite right, no loyalty deserves...............no loyalty.

Just a suggestion - try to think before posting.

Sam, what chance you give us the Bob Lord stand......you just might sell out then!!! laugh.gif

I doubt there will be any tickets left at our ground simon though if anybody was considering going in the Burnley stands then in with the rug brigade is the safest bet.

If anybody is tempted to go in the Longside, please don't.

Seriously, I love a bit of fun and banter but after the last games I would dread to think what may happen to a Rovers fans discovered by the wrong people in our stands.

and on the same idiotic basis longsiders some of us dread to think what may happen to dingle fans should the unfortunate happen.

both clubs have dick'eads in their ranks and bet your bottom dollar that there will be incursions into the home end.

bumley selling tickets on open sale doesnt help but being the massive club you are you couldnt possibly sell all your allocated tickets !

there are many many arguments about Rovers supporters getting a ticket for the game, the club put a decent enough option in the offing, those supporters who have been away twice this season and failed to get a ticket its your own bloody fault irrespective of what you say about BRFC, you had 48 hrs to get them. When I went yesterday there were only a few in the queue close to closing time.

The supporters who queued but failed then thats unfortunate. Next time set your clocks a bit earlier so your nearer the front.

Those who failed on the phone, its just a lottery. But remember this trying on amobile is so much easier than the landline route and you have a far better chance of accessing the system albeit you may get a bigger bill.

those of us who actually sent in a postal application and it was received at the club BEFORE 5pm on TUESDAY have been allocated match tickets, those received in the post today are in the same lottery as the colod callers and queueing members.

The club cannot please us all.

get over it, get down the pub and enjoy the spectacle that will unfold before your eyes tinykit.gif

Edited by 1864roverite

Apology accepted.

Having a season ticket IS NOT a pre-requisite for attending a football match. Plenty of people who come to watch Rovers don't have season tickets.

Not renewing my season ticket doesn't mean that I won't be going to games. It will probably mean I will be able to save some money.

I didn't have a season ticket before Ewood was rebuilt because you didn't need one. I DID keep my season ticket last time we got relegated.

You're quite right, no loyalty deserves...............no loyalty.

Just a suggestion - try to think before posting.

I don't get this. Why haven't you been to two away matches this season? If you have then you had two days to get tickets. If you haven't then what's the problem?

If it was so easy for these modern fans with "new money" to get to Bolton and Citeh then surely you could too?

1.) Who were the clown's who said that we would never sell out and anybody who wanted a ticket would get 1? tongue.gif Sell out in just over 2 dys!!

2.)Where the hell are you gits every week? ohmy.gif . For someone who doesnt have a season ticket, but has been to around 8 away games this yr, i just wish you'd turn up to more flipping games biggrin.gif

3.) Who's up for touting or ebay? tongue.gif

Edited by BRFC4EVA

1.) Who were the clown's who said that we would never sell out and anybody who wanted a ticket would get 1? tongue.gif Sell out in just over 2 dys!!

Coco the clown here, did you want me BRFC4EVA?

We were in the queue at just after 6am this morning and got our tickets. Wasn't expecting everyone there by the time we left to get one though. Very well managed and orderly.

I don't go with this 'I don't want to sit on my own' stuff. How can you be on your own with 3,800 other Rovers fans? It is nice to sit with your friends but if it's a choice between that and going there's no contest for me!

Some lads in front of us in school uniform -

RM "Shouldn't you be at school? Will you get into trouble for being late?"

Lads: "Nah, that's our teacher in the queue some way behind us - he'll be even later"

biggrin.gif

2.)Where the hell are you gits every week? ohmy.gif . For someone who doesnt have a season ticket, but has been to around 8 away games this yr, i just wish you'd turn up to more flipping games biggrin.gif

3.) Who's up for touting or ebay? tongue.gif

Im here too.

I think we sold out this time after the 'fear' element was eliminated by coppers last time.

Damn.

Just got back with all my tickets and for what its worth and imho if BRFC had any business acuman whatsoever the Rovers should not have given priority to people with away stubbs!

Imo Tickets should have been allocated as follows….

On Monday they should have given top priority to the ST holders who paid top dollar to watch Cardiff at Ewood. (With a free bacon butt and a cup of coffee to those who also held a stubb for Cardiff away rover.gif )

On Tues to ST holders who had stubbs from both Colchester and Bournemouth at home.

On Wed ST holders with no stubbs.

On Thurs and after anybody.

Its the only and most sensible way to reward people who put money into the club coffers. Away fans are all fine and dandy but for all their admirable qualities they are actually giving much of their hard earned to strengthen the finances of rival clubs. If a fan who attends every match home and away has an annual budget of £1500 then only about £4-500 will end up going through the tills at Ewood! sad.gif

This'll tick a few off but I was also in conversation with John Newsome and a couple of officials this morning and my mate also rang Tom Finn to complain about tickets being sold over the phone whilst people were queing half the night at Ewood! mad.gif We were told (about 10.30am) that 'measures' had been taken to remedy that huh.gif. So I guess that if it was hard to get through after 10.00 it might just have been down to our efforts........... sorry guys but I'd been up early without any brekky, taken half a day off work and it was not all that tropical I can assure you.

PS In defence of BRFC ticket allocation policy Newsome mentioned the fine work of the ‘Fans Forum’ and seemed generally ‘bemused’ when I questioned the logic in giving cheap tickets for games likes of the Colchester and Bournemouth matches. I told him that such action was counter productive and lead to a totally pointless loss of revenue. The lights finally came on when I pointed out the fact that cheap tickets have absolutely no influence on crowd numbers and that as roughly the same amount of people attended both Cardiff and Colchester, then the gate receipts would simply have been approx £10 per adult lower than they need be.

PPS JN also informed me that if he was not involved he would not be going to Burnley at all but would much rather sit at home in his armchair watching it on tele with a can of (warm no doubt) beer! Is it any wonder we always complain about the lack of thought and direction behind the scenes at BRFC?

Some lads in front of us in school uniform -

RM "Shouldn't you be at school? Will you get into trouble for being late?"

Lads: "Nah, that's our teacher in the queue some way behind us - he'll be even later"

biggrin.gif

That's a good one that.