BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

A little perspective for you.

You have an advanced, database driven ticketing system using swipe cards etc (as I understand it?). You seem to have a lot of staff in the ticket office and they have got through the queues pretty quickly.

Other clubs in less favourable financial positions (and I am thinking Prem level incomes as much as Jack Walker), including Burnley would love to have such efficient systems for ticket distribution.

I'm not sure how you make it fair when you have just under 4000 tickets and around 7000 (or more) who want them........

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

numper

we could have sold it 3 times over which says a lot about your little outfit, who cant even sell 15k tickets for what is the biggest match since you had an out of league play off experience.

laugh.gif

ps its so nice to see you spending so much time on our site rather than your own. Whats up, has the electric run out ? thumbs-up.gif

You have an advanced, database driven ticketing system using swipe cards etc (as I understand it?). You seem to have a lot of staff in the ticket office and they have got through the queues pretty quickly.

Other clubs in less favourable financial positions (and I am thinking Prem level incomes as much as Jack Walker), including Burnley would love to have such efficient systems for ticket distribution.

I'm not sure how you make it fair when you have just under 4000 tickets and around 7000 (or more) who want them........

What? I thought most people wouldn't want to go?

Once again how many could we have sold!?......BLACKBURN HERE, BLACKBURN THERE, BLACKBURN EVERY F***IN WHERE!!! laugh.gif

At the famous 3-2 Boxing Day Derby in 1977 there were around 12,000 Rovers fans at the game. Away section of Longside, gates locked at 2pm with 8,000 in. Beehole End another 2,000+ with others in stands.

During the latter part of that season we averaged 10,000+ ie we took more than our home average.

Just goes to show what we can do when we try and more importantly when the Dingles are there for the taking.

That day was the best ever for atmosphere.

Your right there longsider. Terribly 20th century but all the same it was all quite nostagic and retro picking up those quaint little paper tickets again......hope i dont lose mine btw.

I didn't realise earlier but the retina recognition and palm print identifying units that we have on our turnstiles now are so high in technology that one can often miss such primitive stuff that you have to endure. Bit like mild beer, cross-ply tyres, shiny bog roll and black and white tele. You miss em but nobody in their right minds would ever want em back.

Then again, forget it....... you lot are probably still using them. rover.gif

Once again how many could we have sold!?......BLACKBURN HERE, BLACKBURN THERE, BLACKBURN EVERY F***IN WHERE!!! laugh.gif

At the famous 3-2 Boxing Day Derby in 1977 there were around 12,000 Rovers fans at the game. Away section of Longside, gates locked at 2pm with 8,000 in. Beehole End another 2,000+ with others in stands.

During the latter part of that season we averaged 10,000+ ie we took more than our home average.

Just goes to show what we can do when we try and more importantly when the Dingles are there for the taking.

Que the Dingle denials. Brilliant day that, just magical. Rovers fans wandering round Burnley at 10 am, no pubs open, Rovers fans locked out of any that did open, home fans only. Glad there was ale on the ground. Bloody great day. It sure was a squeeze in that Longside but what a great atmosphere, Rovers murder 'em first half, had we not missed that penalty I think we would have declared after an hour. Burnley pulled it back to 3-2 nerves jangling till the final whistle.

Little bit before my time but I've heard about the game in '77...Dean Hayes book East Lancashire Derbies describes Rovers as being 'cheered on by a massive following' rover.gif

Didn't those nasty Rovers lads burn down a Burnley club shop in the town centre for a bit of warmth too!!!!! laugh.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Any pubs open on the sunday morning around ewood before we set off for dingleland?

I understand if you might not want to name the pub/s, but you could give us a clue dry.gif

You not going with the usual suspects? they've got a pub sorted in burnley and travel arrangements have been finalised. They're going to the same boozer they went in last time we played.

Any pubs  open on the sunday morning around ewood before we set off for dingleland?

I understand if you might not want to name the pub/s, but you could give us a clue dry.gif

You not going with the usual suspects? they've got a pub sorted in burnley and travel arrangements have been finalised. They're going to the same boozer they went in last time we played.

Bloody hell Gav I've seen the kind of pubs them 2 old gits frequent on a friday night. ohmy.gif Bloody perverts the pair of em!

To be honest not sure about travel arrangments yet, got free coach tkts just in case.

Que the Dingle denials. Brilliant day that, just magical. Rovers fans wandering round Burnley at 10 am, no pubs open, Rovers fans locked out of any that did open, home fans only. Glad there was ale on the ground. Bloody great day. It sure was a squeeze in that Longside but what a great atmosphere, Rovers murder 'em first half, had we not missed that penalty I think we would have declared after an hour. Burnley pulled it back to 3-2 nerves jangling till the final whistle.

Bloody Hell USA, I think you want to come home. biggrin.gif

Goose bumps down my back and i wasn't even there biggrin.gif

**To everyone who has managed to get a ticket to the Burnley game**

Here's the story...

I am working in USA this week (typical) and realised I would have to ring up this morning for tickets.

The alarm clock was set for 4am (time over here!) 9am UK

I rang at around 4.10am - got in the queue in 7th place

Then i realised if every person in front of me took 3mins (lowest estimate),

the phone call would last at least 21mins at 3 quid a minute thats over 60 pounds for the call - and i only wanted 2 tickets!

So hung up and rang back two hours later - but the woman on the line putting on a fake posh voice said it was sold out - gutted!!

Cheers

Goose bumps down my back and i wasn't even there biggrin.gif

I was and must admit to being rather scared that day.

Reminder: Buying and Selling of Football Tickets is against our guidelines. (and possibly illegal)

On almost every other forum you get people offering spares or asking for them, at face value. I can understand the desire to stop any touting but I and others have had spares in the past which have had to go unused because of this. You would not ever under any circumstances be prosecuted for giving a ticket to a fellow fan for face value. We had all this checked out at work by the solictors for the intranet and as long as you are not touting there is no issue. Why the problem?

Longsider-keep up the good posts and don't be put off by people who slag you off.

1977 would have been much better if Fear had not missed the penalty:0-4!

I aint to worried 92er - I would engage them in a battle of wits but it would seem so unfair against people so poorly armed.... biggrin.gif

For the record, the home allocation is 18500, not 15000.

To date they have only been available to season ticket holders, or Tuesday/Weds if you had a Leeds stub.

Still, good to see the away end sold out for this one, memories of days of old

You would not ever under any circumstances be prosecuted for giving a ticket to a fellow fan for face value. We had all this checked out at work by the solictors for the intranet and as long as you are not touting there is no issue. Why the problem?

Er ... are you sure about that?

Could've sworn when the CJB came out there was a big hoo-ha that selling your ticket on at cost made you liable to prosecution.

ya still haven't mentioned the fact that tickets are now on general sale at the turd !

what is the capacity ?

with 4k Rovers fans and a bit of segregtion near to that little stand I would say it would amount to no more than 21500.

that puts it at around 17.5k of which around 350-500 will be Rovers fans I am sure tinykit.gif

This'll tick a few off but I was also in conversation with John Newsome and a couple of officials this morning and my mate also rang Tom Finn to complain about tickets being sold over the phone whilst people were queing half the night at Ewood! mad.gif  We were told (about 10.30am) that 'measures' had been taken to remedy that huh.gif.  So I guess that if it was hard to get through after 10.00 it might just have been down to our efforts........... sorry guys but I'd been up early without any brekky, taken half a day off work and it was not all that tropical I can assure you.

Ticked Off ! I'm chuffin livid and I already have my tickets. Telephone was an advertised way of getting tickets, no mention was made in the run up to the game that people in the queue would be given preferential treatment, so why the hell should the view of a fan and a safety officer change the clubs policy without prior warning ? Why did you not ask them to bin all the post applications too ? After all, they are people just "too lazy" to queue too aren't they ?

I've written to Miriam asking if there a policy change regarding the phones mid-morning and if there was then I'm going to kick up one hell of a fuss of this because it's completely out of order. Talk about moving the goalposts.

This isn't about me whining because I didn't get tickets, because I did. It also not about me being in Leeds and you lot getting an extra one and a half in bed after I'd have to set off (as Abbey, Rev, Ewood Spark and RoverTheMoon will testify, for Celtic I was on the concourse around 5:30am, having been forced to take a full day off work) because if I hadn't already got tickets I would have not only been in the queue at Ewood but on the phone too (as I was for Celtic). If you want a ticket that badly, you'll do what it takes. No, It's about the fact that when the club advertised three methods of getting tickets (one, as always, pretty much gaurenteeing them) to expect one to be cancelled mid morning because to some people it's unfair is outrageous. This would have been no fairer than saying to everyone in the queue, "Look, the phone lines are jammed and those people are having to PAY to queue. where as you're sorry asses are costing the club extra money by having the concourse open". Silly and unfair ? Yes, but no more so than stopping phone sales.

PS In defence of BRFC ticket allocation policy Newsome mentioned the fine work of the ‘Fans Forum’

Odd, I haven't missed a FF meeting in the last couple of years and I don't remember ticketing for Burnley coming up ? In fact, I think the only time away ticketing came up was post-Celtic and I don't remember anyone complaining about the phones then.

JN also informed me that if he was not involved he would not be going to Burnley at all

So what ? Shock horror, not every Rovers employee is a die-hard Rovers fan. I wouldn't mind betting a fair percentage openly admit to being fans of other clubs. IT'S A WORKPLACE ! People do a job their for a living, not devotion to the club.

I will however concede there is some logic in your theory of away tickets NOT benefiting the club financially.

You would not ever under any circumstances be prosecuted for giving a ticket to a fellow fan for face value.  We had all this checked out at work by the solictors for the intranet and as long as you are not touting there is no issue.  Why the problem?

Er ... are you sure about that?

Could've sworn when the CJB came out there was a big hoo-ha that selling your ticket on at cost made you liable to prosecution.

Cant see any reference in the CJB to that.