SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pride of Lancashire 2 Who are ya 1

clitheroe_claret

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else worried about parking? I'm coming up from London, so have no choice but to drive unfortunately.

I usually park in the school near the Golden Cup. Does anyone think this will be open?

I wouldn't count on it because it usually causes traffic chaos,it's a bottleneck there at the best of times and the police are gonna be trying to get all the Burnley coaches through,so can't see them allowing it.

Eh ?

I can't see them NOT allowing it (although the school itself often chooses not to open for midweek games). If it's NOT open the Dingles that drive are going to be parking all over, at least at the schools its quite easy for the police to marshall them into the ground. It'll be much harder if they end up taking up spaces all over Blackburn.

As for the traffic, they'll just hold it on there until after the coaches pass, just as they always do.

Roversyoyo, since a second car park (and sometime third) has opened opposite Albion Mill I've never seen any of them get anywhere near full.

got my tickets now and am just about recovering from the heat-attack inducing news that my train will cost over £100 (could do with being back in london for work on weds)....

should be a great atmosphere though and another memorable win rover.gif

Check out <<this thread>> - there are a number of London based fans heading to the game.

Like you, I need to be back in London on Wednesday morning, so will probably be splitting petrol costs with roversyoyo, who lives down the road and also needs to be back in work on Weds.

Prior to that I was doing this - National Express overnight leaves Darwen Bus Station 2255 arrives Golders Green 0555 - cheap but tiresome.

Eh ?

I can't see them NOT allowing it (although the school itself often chooses not to open for midweek games). If it's NOT open the Dingles that drive are going to be parking all over, at least at the schools its quite easy for the police to marshall them into the ground. It'll be much harder if they end up taking up spaces all over Blackburn.

As for the traffic, they'll just hold it on there until after the coaches pass, just as they always do.

Roversyoyo, since a second car park (and sometime third) has opened opposite Albion Mill I've never seen any of them get anywhere near full.

All I was saying mate was that there will be a lot of coaches compared to a lot of other games where a lot of the away fans make their own way.It will take a long time to get all the Burnley coaches through,I saw how long it took to get the Rovers coaches past last weekend,I live near there,but that was on a Sunday morning.On a Tues eve it could cause a tailback to Bromley Cross.

I could be wrong though 'twas only a guess.

I wouldn't count on that. Weekend games aren't a problem but there has been at least one mid-week game this seasom where the CP at the bottom of Albion Mill was full and Ewood was well short of capacity. Can't remember the match but the cars were parekd nose to tail so as to block each other in.

I shall be setting off earlier than usual to be sure of a spot.

rover.gif the jw will be bouncing on wednesday,as i am in there.last time we played dinglesville we had to move and sat in the jack walker,there was singing ,waving off flags and when we were making our way out we bumped into barry kilby and the corporate scum,they were very unhappy wink.giftinykit.gif

waving off flags

The reminds me, is anyone sat somewhere where flags can easily be displayed (without covering advertising). The BBE lower is surprisingly lacking such places.

If so, and you don't mind taking custody of the site flag then drop me a PM.

Just saw on the US version of sky sports news that Burnley signed Akinbiyi... is he cup-tied?

Edit: answered my own question, he is cup-tied, but would it make any difference if he weren't?

smile.gif

As he was not registered with Burnley for the first match , he will not be eligible.

I wouldn't count on that. Weekend games aren't a problem but there has been at least one mid-week game this seasom where the CP at the bottom of Albion Mill was full and Ewood was well short of capacity. Can't remember the match but the cars were parekd nose to tail so as to block each other in.

I shall be setting off earlier than usual to be sure of a spot.

Agree with that Paul, anything over 25,000 and Albion Mill is usually full. Get there early if you want a parking spot.

Akinbiyi signs for Burnley. biggrin.gif

Probably cup-tied but they've paid more for him than we paid for Nelsen and Mokoena combined.

Whether he is cup tied or not is irrelevant, he wasnt eligible for the first leg so cant play in the replay.

He is cup tied anyway.

Probably cup-tied but they've paid more for him than we paid for Nelsen and Mokoena combined.

Aye, and more than we paid for Dickov too, but doesnt change the fact that Akinbiyi is a useless dolloper who couldnt hit a cows backside with a banjo. I know who i'd rather have in the team.

Burnley 24-02-2005 £600000 (Bargain, obviously)

Stoke 01-07-2003 Free

Stoke 27-03-2003 Loan

C Palace 05-02-2002 £2200000 (They paid that after sseing his efforts for Leicester?)

Leicester 27-07-2000 £5000000 (!!!)

Wolves 07-09-1999 £3500000

Bristol C 01-06-1998 £1200000 (How the hell did Bristol City afford that?)

Gillingham 06-01-1997 £250000

Brighton 24-11-1994 Loan

Hereford 21-01-1994 Loan

Norwich 05-02-1993 Trainee

Totals £12750000