BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 - 1 Arsenal

When we have a manager who was a king and scored a lot of great goals as a striker maybe he can learn our strikers to play good enough??

I do believe though that Hughes is doing the same thing with Stead as he did with MGP and let him coming in nicely in to the team again!

Edited by neophox

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen MGP go past a defender?

Did you see the goal he scored against Norwich at home?? or Burnley home???

Point taken but as a wide player he only seems to me to beat a man when the defender is tight on him. There were several opportunities yesterday when MGP was running at a defender and he chose not to take him on.

MGP isn't a speed merchant, but he is skillful. He's not going to take on a full back for pace if he's not going to beat him. I'm not saying he's slow, but he's got to pick his times to take players on. If players start to stand off him then he'll start swinging in deeper, diagonal crosses, maybe.(Although that'd be pretty pointless with just Dickov to try to pick out...)

Has anyone seen MGP go past a defender?

Did you see the goal he scored against Norwich at home?? or Burnley home???

Point taken but as a wide player he only seems to me to beat a man when the defender is tight on him. There were several opportunities yesterday when MGP was running at a defender and he chose not to take him on.

I haven't he does not beat his man, he is also still lightweight with the ball at is feet, easily stripped of possesion. That said, he's come on well but perhaps not so much the last two games.

It's a wonder players sign for Blackburn Rovers, if they're not world beaters every game (with no let off due to fatigue, injury etc) then they're criticised brutally by the fans - as they say the Ewood crowd sits and judges rather than supports. Just take Dickov, what the hel! has the guy done wrong this season???! He's scored goals for us, occupied their back line, and defended from the front, not sure what more you want from a 30+ year old midget! As for the Pedersen criticism, well Den isn't watching the same player I am, the guy is a class above.

I agree Exiled_Rover.

Its a disgrace that people can slag of Dickov yet still support the likes of Stead and Jansen who have been pathetic and let Blackburn down this season.

I mean, people on here still think David Dunn is some kind of God just because he comes from Blackburn.

they're probably the same people who boo Alan Shearer

Edited by greggyk

As for the Pedersen criticism, well Den isn't watching the same player I am, the guy is a class above.

Why is it always seen as criticism, when someone thinks a player might not be good enough?

Pedersen has qualities, no doubt. Most of them from a dead ball, but his all round play leaves a lot of room for improvement. If he can't improve there, he wont make it - in my humble opinion.

A lot of folk think he's already there.

When we have a manager who was a king and scored a lot of great goals as a striker maybe he can learn our strikers to play good enough??

Teach!! Hehe sorry smile.gif I'm in a bad mood!

Edited by Dan5678

As for the Pedersen criticism, well Den isn't watching the same player I am, the guy is a class above.

Why is it always seen as criticism, when someone thinks a player might not be good enough?

Pedersen has qualities, no doubt. Most of them from a dead ball, but his all round play leaves a lot of room for improvement. If he can't improve there, he wont make it - in my humble opinion.

A lot of folk think he's already there.

I see it as criticism because he hasn't done anything to warrant such an opinion. Maybe you're just a huge fan of the flying winger and anything else isn't good enough, who knows, but right now Pedersen is one of our top players (both in form and talent). His dead ball skills are invaluable (especially as nobody else can take a free kick thumbs-up.gif ) and his close control, crossing and general movement all impress me. We can only benefit from having such a player in the side, and once he gets some sort of quality attacking players alongside him I'm sure his value will only increase.

Pedersen has qualities, no doubt. Most of them from a dead ball, but his all round play leaves a lot of room for improvement.

I agree Den.

There was perhaps too much ejaculating in the underpants from some Rovers fans after Pedersen scored a couple of goals and hit the crossbar with a free-kick against Leicester.

The Norwegian has still got a bit to learn in terms of overall play. He can improve in terms of running with the ball, getting to the byeline and crossing.

A very good match report, btw Scotty. Whatever minor differences of opinion we've had in the past on non-footballing matters - I tip my hat off to you Scotty for that excellent report.

What concerns me is that we are not seeing the best of of David Thompson yet. He has shown glimpes of the form he once had where he quite rightly was in the England squad- I was willing to give him time but he has enough time on pitch now to get his fitness back. Maybe in the future we will see his ability shine through again.

On other issues- I have been impressed with some of Neil's defence splitting passes of late. He can play a decent ball and also has been doing some powerful runs.

Generally from the team too many blind alley passing going on- bit like hit and hope... seems pointless at times.

Edited by John

He actually hasn't had that much time to get back to his best. If you think only recently has he been given a run of games since coming back from injury, and the signs seem to be there, so would everyone stop talking about him out him in just because we lost one game!

Eh?  We lost 1-0 to the Champions, it's hardly a mighty fall is it now?  How did you get on yesterday?  Lost to Sheff Utd I see, says it all really doesn't it.  Only a Burnley fan could come and try to gloat after those results.

I was commenting on the excuse that they cost more than you you muppet. laugh.gif

Eh?  We lost 1-0 to the Champions, it's hardly a mighty fall is it now?  How did you get on yesterday?  Lost to Sheff Utd I see, says it all really doesn't it.  Only a Burnley fan could come and try to gloat after those results.

I was commenting on the excuse that they cost more than you you muppet. laugh.gif

We lost because we weren't good enough no-one was making excuses however Greg rightly pointed out we shouldn't be too down because despite missing a few players that was still some talent out there. Understand?

I can't believe this thread.

I wonder what the suicide count now we've just lost ONE NIL at home to the CHAMPIONS in our THIRD game in SEVEN DAYS!

Best thing that's been said shillito.

In the last three games we beat Leicester to get to the semi's, got a point in a battling displat at Anfield and didn't play too badly against Arsenal.

Or if you take our last three league games, against Everton, Liverpool and Arsenal to get four points out of nine is fantastic.

Who would have thought five months ago that we would have acheived this?

these are my match ratings

friedel 7...........not much to do

neill 7...........average

matteo 7.........did well until injury

johannson 5......all over the place

todd 7......left standing for goal

nelsen 7.........kept reyes quiet

thommo 6......at times disintrested

emerton 8......showed why he should be picked

mgp 7......quiet

flitty 8.....should of stayed on

reid 8.......gave his all motmatch

tugay 6....didnt make an impression

dickov 5......needs a rest

We lost because we weren't good enough no-one was making excuses however Greg rightly pointed out we shouldn't be too down because despite missing a few players that was still some talent out there. Understand?

Understand? Hmmm not sure after all I am a dingle.

• Backroom
Understand? Hmmm not sure after all I am a dingle.

Oh you've figured that out at last eh CC?

Now go figure why it is you keep coming on here, and then find somewhere else to go and air your little comments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.