BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lucas Neill

and just as I post fans fc report a bid fo around 3million from Chelsea to secure his signing !!! :wstu:

Really...and I wonder just who let them know about that "offer"???

I personally think we should take the Liverpool option and take young Warnock plus cash,

That's not the Liverpool option so far as we know. If that had been the Liverpool option in August then he would no longer be here. There has been little to suggest that they would be likely to offer more for a player with six months on their contract than they had previously when the player had a full year remaining.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And are we all still happy that when/if he returns after injury he gets handed the captain's armband for Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

Ironic how a nagging hamstring can sometimes rule someone out!

God no!! If he returns and gets given the armband again I will be tempted to not go to the game. I think it is digusting how Rovers have made him captain. Tell him to eff off and give the armband to someone who deserves it, for example Savage, Tugay, Ooijer.

It doesn't even imply Chelsea have made a bid.

It simply states that, due to the contract expiring in the summer, a bid of £3 million should force our hand as £2 million was rejected in the last transfer window. Apart from speculating on a price, it's nothing that hasn't been reported elsewhere - Chelsea may be taking an interest in Neill. Nothing to get excited over.

Edited by LeChuck

With four Prem clubs scrapping over Neill's signature allegedly, it will be very interesting to see what happens with the fee.

Rovers have shown they are willing to brazen it out to the end of the contract so paying us for the January transfer seems to be a pre-requisite for an early release.

Ordinarilly, his price would be discounted to an eigth of his true transfer worth with just six months of a four year contract left. So if his market value is £5m (quite possibly), then we could expect £750K ish at most.

However, Newcastle have to save their necks from relegation (a cost of £20m at least), Villa and Liverpool have 3rd/4th to dream about and a £10m CL pay-out next season not forgetting £500K a place prize money whilst Chelski have the dosh to do what they want if winning a third Prem on the trot is important to them.

In those circumstances, if these clubs see Neill as a key element in their ambitions for this season then a £2m+ transfer fee is a possibility and an absolute certainty if more than one club comes bidding with determination. With Neill cup-tied for European competition, the likes of Barca and AC (if these were ever serious in the first place) are probably priced straight out of it by the Prem's vastly greater rewards.

Perhaps not taking £2m on 31 August will prove to be a smart move after all.

I hope Chelski are in for Neill and we can trade for Bridge.

I hope Chelski are in for Neill and we can trade for Bridge.

Neill for Bridge??? In all our dreams maybe but it won't happen in the real world. Nor will we get anywhere near £2million for him. Not that we were actually offered that much in August apparently.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

I have had my gripes with players over the many years that I have followed Rovers but LN is rapidly becoming a member of "my most despised club". The club have offered everything and more yet all he does is give his anseers to the media through his big gob or his advisor, he has failed to speak to hsi club supporters and that shows a lack of respect.

GET RID :angry:

He's come here on a 4 year contract, agreed and presumably signed by both BRFC and himself, honoured it until now and appears prepared to see it out fully and then he want to move on. He has to the best of my knowledge not thrown any sulks or tantrums to get himself released any earlier so...... Just what is the problem? :huh:

He's come here on a 4 year contract, agreed and presumably signed by both BRFC and himself, honoured it until now and appears prepared to see it out fully and then he want to move on. He has to the best of my knowledge not thrown any sulks or tantrums to get himself released any earlier so...... Just what is the problem? :huh:

I think the point that 1864roverite is trying to make is Neill made it known to the media that he wanted to move on as aposed to talking to his fans about it. E.g. on rovers webside...

I agree though, he has honoured his contract, but the last year of the 4 were ruined because of all the hype about him leaving...

Exactly.

If Rovers decide to cash in then so be it, I do however agree that the experiment of making him captain has now failed so it is time for Tugay or Ooijer to take over that honour.

Those people who are suggesting he shouldnt play for us are simply cutting their noses off to spite their faces, if he is the best option on the day then he should be included. As long as he is our player.

Those people who are suggesting he shouldnt play for us are simply cutting their noses off to spite their faces, if he is the best option on the day then he should be included. As long as he is our player.

Maybe if he was going to be here for the remainder of the season, but if he's definitely moving in January it's surely better to give players who are actually going to be here more time to develelop an understanding. How committed is he really going to be going into challenges as well?

How committed is he really going to be going into challenges as well?

Whilst I share your concerns I think Neill has been determined to leave since his move fell through in the summer. Yet his commitment and attitude since then, knowing he still wants to leave, can't be questioned.

Reluctantly I have to agree that LN is no longer interested in playing for Rovers and he must go in Jan for the best deal we can get. And for me that does NOT mean Warnock coming in. I have not forgotten what he said as the transfer window slammed shut in August; that he had been dreading the phone ringing all the last day to tell him he was going to Blackburn. I don't want to see ANY player in the blue and white halves that does not want to wear them. End of story.

If Rovers can benefit from a bidding war for LN's services then so much the better, and I will put my trust in Sparky to sign the best possible replacement that he can negotiate taking all the circumstances and needs into account.

Edited by Fife Rover

Given that he will go for a minimal fee in Jan or none at all at the end of the season and therefore, would be able to negotiate a better deal for himslef personally, wouldn't it be in his own best interests to play as well as he possibley can. This would make him more attractive to more clubs and increase his value.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.