BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United V Brfc 3 - 1 Wham

Ozz

West Ham 1-1 Rovers

I don't feel confident enough (yet!) to predict a win for us... especially on the opening day of the season... Maybe after a few games & I've seen how we're doing tongue.gif

Edited by Gareth

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well West Ham are really ###### IMO. There team is shocking! Really should be no problem for Rovers here, but........

WE ALWAYS LOSE AWAY TO WEST HAM.

That's what I'm worried about! Even back to our title winning days they always seemed to beat us at Upton Park. However I think we'll get a draw here, so I'll go for 1-1.

2-1 Rovers and live on fox sports in Aus. Bring it on!

337491[/snapback]

biggrin.gif What time? The times aren't listed on the Fox Sports website for me.

I'm going for a 1 - 0 win, with Bellamy (if he's playing?) to get on the scoresheet.

Otherwise Emerton.

Tough one to call this. If our defence carries on where it left off last season (the Fulham game aside) I think we can hold them. Zamora and Sheringham, on paper, don't look the most threatening attack in the Premiership. Going for a 2-0 Rovers win, with Kuqi and Pedersen to get the goals.

Just got my tickets this morning it's my first away game in London for ages so I am looking forward to a few beers before the game a good win and more beer afterwards unsure.gif

WH 1 - 2 Rovers

Are we having a meet up before?

For those of you travelling by train down to London, and relying on the tube to get you to Upton Park. According to the London Underground website, the Hammersmith and City line is closed on Saturday, so it's best to travel to Upton Park tube station via the District (green) line - or even the Jubliee to West Ham tube station and walk to Upton park:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/planned.asp

Ste

1-1, A draws always a good bet for the first game. It was 1-1 with West Brom last season and I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) it was 0-0 with Sunderland the season before. Before that I can't remember. I could have googled it to look smart but cant be bothered.

i think this would be a good time to play the 4-5-1 formation......frustrate them and then hit them with Bellamy and Pedersen out wide.

even if we play 442 i still think we'll with...im gfoing for a shock 0-3 to the rovers providing Bellamy is fit!

I don't see much in the West Ham side that can worry Rovers but they are sure to be an enthusiastic bunch and in Sheringham they have a top class forward, even if he is older than the tree in my back garden.

I reckon a 1-1 draw.

I'm glad that these match previews are back, it means that we have some real games to look forward to again. The summer messageboard was rather depressing with not much in the way of discussion. Getting the season back in order will generate some well needed buzz.

For a prediction; I'll go for a 3-0 win, our stingy defence, our new strikers, away form and our superior class showing.

It will be interesting in so much as it will sow how Hughes will set out his stall.

I would think the line up will be:

Kuqi/Dickov    Bellamy

Pedersen    Reid    Savage    Emerton

Gresko/Matteo  Nelsen  Todd      Neill

Freidel

Or:

Kuqi/Dickov

Pedersen                          Bellamy

Savage      Reid 

Axe

Gresko/Matteo  Todd  Nelsen  Niell

Freidel

I have no doubt it would be the latter if we were playing any of the 'big four' away, but as it is a newly promoted team and we have had an encouraging pre season the former is possible.

451 and I would say it was a near banker for a draw, maybe we might snatch a win. 442 is a lot less predictable, but we would certainly have more goals in us.

Will Sparky take the risk?

Edited by joey_big_nose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.