BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 4 (four ) V Charlton 1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about finding the negative things amongst the positives, here's BBC's Blackburn stats:

Failed to score in five of the last eight Pemiership matches.

Gone 14 League matches since a score draw (1-1 at West Brom on 26 April).

Players been shown more yellow cards than any other club in Premiership matches this term (26).

Picked up more cards than any other club in Premiership matches (26 - three red, 23 yellow), but one of those red cards was later rescinded.

Won three of five home Premiership matches this season

Mr Lawro reckons 1-1 , I think Charlton's pace could catch out our defence abd Charlton have been much better away from the Valley - 2-2 to Rovers, MGP / Bellamy for us and Bent / Bothroyd for the Addicks.

Scoring 7 goals in the last three matches has prompted Lawro to omit his favourite rovers catchphrase....'i just cant see where the goals are going to come from'. The guys a class A t!t...if his predictions were right this season then rovers would be bottom by long way!

a convincing 3-1. with Bellamy continuing his fine goalscoring form.

Jay Bothroyd for them just for old times sake huh.gif

Edited by cn_barlow

From bbc.co.uk....

Blackburn's Robbie Savage is a doubt because of a leg injury, and will have a late fitness test.

Ryan Nelsen is also likely to miss out with a knee injury, while David Thompson and Vratislav Gresko are pushing for places on the bench.

Charlton's striker Darren Bent is set to return to the Addicks' line-up after recovering from illness.

However, Shaun Bartlett (ankle) and Gonzalo Sorondo (hamstring) will miss out through injury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Enckelman, Neill, Tugay, Kuqi, Reid, Khizanishvili, Emerton, Todd, Bellamy, Bentley, Gray, Dickov, Mokoena, Gresko, Thompson, Jansen, Flitcroft, Pedersen.

Charlton (from): Andersen, Young, Perry, Hreidarsson, Spector, Rommedahl, Murphy, Kishishev, Smertin, Ambrose, Bothroyd, Kiely, Myhre, El Karkouri, Johansson, Holland.

How funny is that site. She doesn't put her neck on the line often does she. If you gave me two choices for results on any match I'm sure I could get 80% right. She cleverly stated that the Arsenal Spurs game could be a draw or Arsenal could win...... not really saying a lot is it.

tomorrows game is a quite tough one

charlton have top away form, our home form is ok, charlton have got a top striker on form, so have we

the problem we have to deal with in my opinion is danny murphy, if we can keep him quiet we can have a go at winning.

1-1

http://www.soccerphile.com/soccerphile/bet...redictions.html

What a load of old rollocks! "It'll be a tough match" - "It'll be an interesting match" - "It'll be a tug of war" ?!? Eh? Hang on a minute!? Will it? It better bloody not be, that's not why I bought a season ticket. What was in the stars that day Anita? LSD? She's talking out of her arse and no mistake. Mind you I wouldn't cross her. Hard as nails that lass.

Anyway, 2-1 Rovers. Bellamy with two more. Bob Bolder with a most unexpected consolation for Athletic.

Edited by bob fleming

just found the programme from the Rovers v Charlton game a few years back. We won 4-1 i think, with Tugay scoring a wonder 'team' goal i seem to remember.

That was a great game, really was end to end. Hope Rovers can produce the same kind of performance as that tomorrow

Cant see it though,

Rovers 1-1 Charlton (i agree with Lawro -HA!)

Bellamy (56) Bent (76)

Att: 17,896

Read the London Standard preview of the game. It is basically:-

"strong arm...blah blah....tough guys....blah blah.....dirty northerners....blah blah.....strong arm...blah blah"

Come on Rovers lets show these Southern jessies what its all about eh!

2-0 Rovers, Bellamy & Pederson, 19,121.

Has JBN moved from Edinburgh?

This is a really tough match - but their excellent away record has to end somewhere - so why not at Ewood Park.

The first goal will be the key - if they score first, they will be able to keep hitting us on the break. If we score first - they will have to change their game plan.

Personally (though a fan of Reids) if Savage is out - I would sit the Axe just in front of the back four - and give Neil and Gray the ability to push further up the field.

Given the way Charlton like to play - I wouldn't be surpised to see Bentley back on right hand side (even when playing well Emerton requires a certain amount of room) or even a surprise recall for Thompson.

I am going for a Rovers 3 - 1 win - come on the blues rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.