BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 4 (four ) V Charlton 1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord, no yellow (or red) cards either.

I'd just like to join the "Tugay Is Magic" Club. He was completely and utterly tremendous today. I think someone has already made the analogy, but it was like watching a bloke playing football on the beach with a bunch of seven years olds.

Bet we're still on last on MOTD

Absolutely amazing victory! tinykit.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

Shame about the attendance and the ref though.

Brad 8

Neill 8

Todd 7

Zurab 9

Gray 7

Emo 8

Tugay 10 ( Im not overreacting )

Reid 7

Pedersen 8

Dickov 8

Bellamy 8

Axe 7

Bentley 7

Kuqi 7

By the way, the fans who were posting during the match why you not at ewood.??

My ratings

Freidel-8-Some amazing save

Neill-8-Calm and composed

Todd-8- Disciplined

Axe-8- Came on and did well out of position

Zurab-7-Another solid game

Gray-7-Did well before unwelcome injury

Pedersen-6- A bit poor today but he scored so forgiven

Emerton-9- Another good game(Like Leeds)-Great goal

Tugay*9- Amazing use of the ball*

Reid-7-Sometimes he dived in a bit but his presence was good

Bentley-7- Didnt have much time to shine

Dickov-7- Average game with good goal

Bellamy-8- His pace and movement upset Charlton, and scored a nice goal

Kuqi-7-Same as Bentley

predict the premiership

So happy

tugay was simply immense. zurab needs pinning down to a contract now and lucas neill needs his contract extending he has been outstanding this season.

thought reid was good, doing the savage "headless chicken" role and giving it to tugay to spray the passes around. its about time soccer am got a whole showboating section dedicated to toogs he was absolutely head and shoulders above any other player today. danny murphy for england? a 35 year old over the hill ex international made him look extremely ordinary!!!!

Edited by key76

I'm surprised at the lack of praise for Paul Dickov. Listened to the match on Radio London and the commentators were very complementary throguhout, and he got a rousing round of applause when substituted. Hughes was keen to emphasise what a good game he had too. I sense a bit of a negative attitude towards Dickov from some Rovers fans, which I find surprising considering how hard he works for the team, and his decent scoring record.

Really enjoyed the game today - I can only echo all the previous comments about Tugay, he was immense. Charlton were poor - Sven will not be including Murphy and Bent on todays showing. Bellamy looked a threat all over the pitch and the team spirit was there for all to see.

2 negatives; the crowd and how on earth did Mr Dowd not give the penalty?? - the most blatant hand ball at Ewood for years.

Great result - bring on the Citeeh.

Tugay, today, was superb.

Lay off the ref; I thought he was better than Mike Riley, Barry Knight, Andy D'Urso etc.

Fantastic performance considering injuries to defenders before and during the game.

I think MGP got injured but soldiered on; hence his (perceived by some) poor performance.

Brad was great, saving us several times and shouting at his error-making defence.

The two Aussies were very good.

Zurab MUST be signed on permanent.

Cannot stop this giddy smile on my face. tinykit.gifbiggrin.gif

What a brilliant performance. Why can't we play like that every week.

Tugay was superb. Emerton was superb ohmy.gif and Bellamy & Dickov also had great games. What the heck the whole team had a great game.

What a great day all round.

You could say it was a smashing day

biggrin.gif

sorry

unsure.gif

When was the last time both wingers and both forwards scored in the same game?

tinykit.gif  cool.gif

358663[/snapback]

That was the biggest question we had in Blues after the game.. Must be a long long time ago.

As for the ref.. missed a blatant penalty, and should have sent Chris Perry off for a second booking, but other than that was ok.

I can't believe it, we are actually getting some praise! The MOTD commentator has just described the match as thoroughly entertaining and described some of our football as breathtaking. The Sky commentator was also full of praise for us saying that if it had been Chelsea playing like this everyone would be raving about the performance.

I think I must be dreaming!

I can't believe it, we are actually getting some praise! The MOTD commentator has just described the match as thoroughly entertaining and described some of our football as breathtaking. The Sky commentator was also full of praise for us saying that if it had been Chelsea playing like this everyone would be raving about the performance.

358737[/snapback]

Yeah I could be dreaming too! Either that or its the beer I had last night...

Wow, what a performance and result. To score four goals and to play like we did is credit to what Hughsey has achieved at the club. I've slated Tugay aswell before, but I remember many saying "thanks for what youve done, but it's time to leave" etc etc. The guys a legend and deserves another years contract. Onwards and upwards!

Simply magnificent. Can't complain one bit really. Everything has been said but I could watch that game for hours and never get bored. The entire team played well and worked beautifully as a unit. Another thing that struck me was simply how happy they all looked.

Simply magnificent. Can't complain one bit really. Everything has been said but I could watch that game for hours and never get bored. The entire team played well and worked beautifully as a unit. Another thing that struck me was simply how happy they all looked.

358745[/snapback]

True Eddie, and for those who were doubting Bellers' commitment, he looked like he was really enjoying his footie today and commented after the game how we were aiming for Europe.

Wow, what a performance and result. To score four goals and to play like we did is credit to what Hughsey has achieved at the club. I've slated Tugay aswell before, but I remember many saying "thanks for what youve done, but it's time to leave" etc etc. The guys a legend and deserves another years contract. Onwards and upwards!

358741[/snapback]

Echo, Echo got to say the same, a great game but were are the fans?

Brad , Lucas, Tugay and Zurab were absolutely outstanding and what a goal from, Bret Emmerton sod the assists... just go it alone Bret the praise will follow.

Just a quick question, if the people who stay away are negative and non believers TO THE MARK HUGHES CAUSE.... do we really want them back at Ewood PARK, i know i dont .

358737[/snapback]

We got the sky commentators on our delayed run of the match here tonight and I noticed the same thing. Didn't catch the commentators name but he was very complimentary towards us and Tugay in particular.

Just a quick question, if the people who stay away are negative and non believers TO THE MARK HUGHES CAUSE....  do we really want them back at Ewood PARK, i know i dont .

358747[/snapback]

If they pay the money then yes, we do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.