SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn R

Guest Vinjay

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great result last night, I never thought we could come back 2-0 down with 15 minutes or so left. Looking forward seeing the goals later today..

As for Savage, the problem with him is that he runs out of position way to often. If we are up against a good passing team then this could cause us serious problems. Another player who likes to drift out of position is Thompson, so I will be mighty nervous if I see both players in the next starting line up.

Thompson has a cracking shot though, thats his one of his trademarks.

Saw the goals and I agree about Thommos, excellent strike. I do feel Bentley's goal was very good also, only saw it the once but I thought it was an excellent finish. Picked his spot and placed it just out of reach of the keeper and inside the post. I lot of players might have fluffed that one. Anyone else agree or was I just too excited.

Unbelievable, gave up listening to it on the radio with 20 minutes to go at 2-0 down and then watched gobsmacked (and whooping) in the Pub as the score flashed up 3-2 on Sky.

Sounds from the game as though 4-5-1 failed miserably again and that we only looked a threat when we switched to 4-4-2?

Great strike from Thompson. The commentators remarked he looked immeasurably leaner and fitter. Must admit I had written him off after a string of dire displays, Particularly at home v Leicester in the Cup.

Let's hope we avoid ManUre/the Arse next round. Although wouldn't bet against them being kept apart as with that farcial semi final draw out of an open receptacle a couple of seasons back.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

We have three (maybe four) players in that category. Nelsen, Pedersen, Bellamy and, with his current vein of form, Niell all will attract interest from the big clubs.

It is just a fact of life, we need to get on with it and, in Hughes, we have a manager they all like playing for. If our hand is forced into letting them go we should make healthy profits plus we have the comfort of Sparky's record in the transfer market.

Also out of those only Bellamy is utterly irreplaceable (the most talented striker we have had since Shearer? Causes far more problems for the oppositon than Cole or Jansen in their best periods imho), Nelsen is a fantastic defender and all round professional but we would not be completely at sea if Hughes could unearth another player of Zurab's quality to come in. We should do absolutely everything to hold on to him though.

The one person we cannot afford to lose is Hughes himself. Everything at the club is becoming increasingly built around him.

364000[/snapback]

Why do I need to get on with it? This club has become nothing more than a selling club under the current ownership. The academy supposed to be used for creating top stars who would feature in the Rovers squad for years to come has seen one of our best ever talents sold onto the current champions. The Walkers did nothing to persuade him to stay. Didn't one of the Walkers say they liked Chelsea? Someone on this board said they spoke with one of Jack's sons and he said that. Hmmm.

Our manager could do well and then someone from the top 4 would just come in for him. Yet I'm supposed to just "get on with it" and keep paying my season ticket money. People wonder why attendances are falling? Well because they don't want to support a no win situation which is was the current state of this club is. It's a no win situation and I'm tired of supporting it although I will. The lingering hope that the Walkers might sell one day is the only thing that is keeping my interest.

Thank god for last night. I thought the season was going from bad to worse but thanks to that magnificent comeback we could have something to look forward to other than languishing in midtable this season.

Why do I need to get on with it? This club has become nothing more than a selling club under the current ownership. The academy supposed to be used for creating top stars who would feature in the Rovers squad for years to come has seen one of our best ever talents sold onto the current champions. The Walkers did nothing to persuade him to stay. Didn't one of the Walkers say they liked Chelsea? Someone on this board said they spoke with one of Jack's sons and he said that. Hmmm.

Our manager could do well and then someone from the top 4 would just come in for him. Yet I'm supposed to just "get on with it" and keep paying my season ticket money. People wonder why attendances are falling? Well because they don't want to support a no win situation which is was the current state of this club is. It's a no win situation and I'm tired of supporting it although I will. The lingering hope that the Walkers might sell one day is the only thing that is keeping my interest.

Thank god for last night. I thought the season was going from bad to worse but thanks to that magnificent comeback we could have something to look forward to other than languishing in midtable this season.

364283[/snapback]

Now i may be one of the minority that doesnt mind your constant posts on this matter, but if you think the Walkers donating all their money would lead us to the top 4 for a prolonged period of time your taking the mickey. More investment may be necessary to hold onto our position as top town club in the future, something i think is a much more achievable goal. If you think some mega rich businessmans sees a pot of gold in a small northern town club your completely deluded - we simply can't compete with big city attractions.

Vinjay

a simple solution

get yourself into politics

get elected as an MP or Mayor

apply for city status for Blackburn

As head of local government, sack all the labour mps, the libs and the other dross, head a one man government and divert all of lancashires cash into BRFC, buying out the Walker stake.

That might just make you happy tongue.gif

What a game.

Really it was a c*** game but the last 15minutes were brilliant. Kuqi made a nuisance of himself and caused them problems.

Thommo, got to be looking for a starting place. Cracking goal and Bentley slotted well at end.

Decent atmosphere down there for the fans who went down.

Twoz working nights. At brew-time i got told we were 2-0 down. A Man Utd 'supporting' workmate (never been to OT) had a little gloat when he heard.....so it was nice to hear of the amazing comeback the Rovers tinykit.gif produced! thumbs-up.gif

COME ON YOU BLUES!!! rover.gif

Great comeback last night, again no coincidence that we looked far more dangerous and attacking once Savage went off, Rovers are a much better side without that pratt in the side. Great to see Thommo back with a cracker, lets hope he can get into some form. Hopefully Hughes will start with a 4-4-2 against Everton as we looked awful playing 4-5-1.

Excellent result, SO happy.

Loads of positives from the game.

Tommo's looking good again, but let's not get carried away by it. An in form Tommo would give the midfield a whole new dimension, and hopefully keep Emerton on his toes.

A wee bit worried about the amount of goals the defence has shipped in recently, what's wrong? Maybe not having Zurab at cb, maybe we're still a quality left back from consistency, maybe we're missing Neill.

Also how did Bentley do up front? He'd give us a different type of option up front if he can do it up there. Kuqi showed what he's useful at, coming on and scaring nervy defences with his physical presence. As a third striker to bring on, he's looking like a shrewd piece of business.

All in all great. How bout Wigan away again in the quarters and another cracking night out at the JJB?

I dont get to go to many Rovers games in a season but I was so glad that I made the journey to this game. Arguably one of the best games (well 15 minutes) that I've ever seen.

I didnt think Rovers had done much wrong in the opening half apart from conceeding that Ambrose goal. Very much against the run of play considering the chances we had. Was even further gutted when Murphy scored five minutes into the second half. How could we be in this position. Two lapses and 2-0 down. I've never seen Rovers come back from this scoreline before, and we're playing a pretty solid Charlton team. Game over I thought, I'm sure we all did. And how wrong we were!!!

The turning point of the game wasnt the substitution of Savage (he wasnt to blame for the 2nd goal, Zurab sold him short), it was the replacing of the ineffective (again) Emerton. Shefki was superb up front. He showed great will to win. He's been given a fair bit of stick on this messageboard in the past and I hope that those people have at least admitted to themselves that he can be a decent player. He was composed in his turn in the box and although I believe Kiely hesitated due to his recent injury, Shefki cooly stuck the ball into the back of the onion bag. Good to see him retrieve the ball aswell rather than risk the swallow dive.

What can you say about Thommo's goal. It was just cracking. His only touch of the ball in that move was the shot. No touch to control it, no touch to position it for a shot; just a scorcher of a goal. I was behind that goal and as soon as it left his foot we knew it was flying in. Kiely didnt have a chance.

I must admit that I didnt think much of Bentley's performance last night and didnt he make me eat my words when he slotted in the winner. Great persistance from MGP to steal it from Spector (I'm so glad we didnt sign him, he was useless). Very unselfish pass from Morten to Bentley and under pressure he just picked his spot. I think if I was in his position I would've rushed it and spooned it into row Z. That's why I'm in the stand and not on the pitch. I shouted myself hoarse last night, and I'm still suffering today.

I was so smug on the train back to London Bridge. I had to reply to my Charlton mate's earlier txt that I received at half time, as well as the one I got five minutes into the second half. Oh how the response was full of gloating!!! My car journey home took me an hour and I smiled the whole way...and I even got home in time to see the highlights on ITV (all 5 minutes of them). I dont care, nothing could've taken away my enjoyment of that game. Bring on the Toffees. After this game, three points on Saturday would really make my week.

My team for Saturday

Friedel

Neill Zurab Admiral Mikey

Thommo Tugay Reid MGP

Kuqi Bellers

Get the points to overtake Souness and his muppets in the league. tinykit.giftinykit.gif

The turning point of the game wasnt the substitution of Savage (he wasnt to blame for the 2nd goal, Zurab sold him short)

364369[/snapback]

Absolutely; although Zura's allowed the occasional mistake, especially when we win. Hell, look at it this way: If he doesn't make that pass the table is never set for that great comeback.

Way to go Zura!

blink.gifdry.gifbiggrin.gif

Saw the goals and I agree about Thommos, excellent strike.  I do feel Bentley's goal was very good also, only saw it the once but I thought it was an excellent finish.  Picked his spot and placed it just out of reach of the keeper and inside the post. I lot of players might have fluffed that one.  Anyone else agree or was I just too excited.

364263[/snapback]

but who said we would win with 16 minutes left??who?who?

24 hours late:

I was stirring some chilli in a pan in the kitchen and listening to Radio 5 when that third goal went in.

I've promised Mrs Colin that I'll clean the kitchen ceiling at the weekend.

Actually, Zura atoned for his error by playing the ball through to Bellamy that got forwarded onto Kuqi biggrin.gif

364423[/snapback]

Yes Lee; that could be seen in the highlights as well. I'm just looking on the bright side of a mistake, and defending Sav a little bit.

but who said we would win with 16 minutes left??who?who?

364444[/snapback]

What do you want? A cookie?

huh.gif

What a come back! Kevin Gallacher nearly wet himself on the air ( radio lancs) when Bentley scored!

ps anyone remember when we last came back to win from 0-2 down?

364104[/snapback]

1960 F.A. Cup round 6 at Turf Moor. 17 mins off full time Burnley winning 3-0. Final result was 3-3 and we stuffed them in the replay at Ewood in front of 56,000.

There may be have been other occasions before or since but that one will remain forever as one of my most cherished memories!

1960 F.A. Cup round 6 at Turf Moor. 17 mins off full time Burnley winning 3-0. Final result was 3-3 and we stuffed them in the replay at Ewood in front of 56,000.

There may be have been other occasions before or since but that one will remain forever as one of my most cherished memories!

364515[/snapback]

Can't imagine what Ewood was like with 56000 in. 40000 is the most I've experienced and you couldn't move at that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.