SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pitch Inspection

BringOnNextSeason

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the forecast? I wonder if Rovers and Bolton both economised in switching the heating on and got caught out when the temperatures dropped?

I believe the heating has to be on up to a week before a game and it costs something astronomical- thousands of pounds a day- to run.

Pure speculation on my part.

If other Prem games get hit tonight, I'll be proved wrong (or they all did it).

Wonder whether the late kick off of the pompey game is going to put that at risk?

at least newcastle are trying tomake the effort for the game by clearing the snow and getting another apointment we should get the heaters and blowdryers out and gte this pitch ready fot 2nights game. what is going to happens with us who have bought tickets

Just got back home. mad.gif

What a bl00dy disgrace, it's not that bad. The undersoil heating mustn't have been on mad.gif

I wonder what feeble excuse the club will come up with, or is this a ploy to sell the unsold tickets for Wigan, that may be the last chance for some supporters to see some holiday football.

Pi$$ed off mad.gif

An absolute disgrace, what the hell has gone wrong with the undersoil heating.

Debs has put her extra pair of socks on and thermal Bra FFS.

Gutted  mad.gif

369466[/snapback]

Look on the bright side Gav, now she has a reason to take 'em off again biggrin.gif

Edited by USABlue

When interviewed on SSN the ref said he had been available to inspect the pitch from 14.30 onwards. Rovers thought the pitch was ok during the afternoon but, presumably, when the temperature started to drop further after sunset, they realised there could be (and was) a big problem, resulting in the pitch inspection at 18.00 hrs.

Perhaps the heating hadn't been switched on early enough, who knows, but hopefully there will be an official statement soon. Suffice to say that this is the first postponement since the system was installed and I'm sure it's been colder than at present.

We heard from someone who works at the ground that the undersoil heating wasn't working properly, despite the official line of the weather being exceptionally severe etc.

Whether this is true or not there's obviously been a monumental cock up. The referee was on Radio Rovers saying the pitch was like a skating rink and as hard as concrete. It must have been perfectly obvious much earlier in the day the pitch was going to be unplayable yet the ref said he rang the club at 1430 to be told there was absolutely no problem. He then got another call at 1730 to say there might be a problem with certain areas of the pitch. The bit about the earlier call was hastily edited out of a rerun of the interview. mad.gif

I tuned into Radio Rovers at 1800 because it was on SSN that there was to be a pitch inspection. Gerald and co came on prattling away obviously blissfully unaware there was even to be a pitch inspection until Wendy gasped "it's off!" in the background leaving Gerald floundering about mumbling about needing to wait for official confirmatiion.

We are a Premier League Club but behind the scenes we often behave like anything but as we 've seen today.

I was on my 4th pint when I got a call from the ground. Not too surprised and am now back home and am going to indulge in the merseyside derby of theives.

Cant blame the club

cant blame the undersoil heating

cant blame anyone except good old mother nature

its absolutley frezzing and I would suspect most undersoil heating systems would have struggled. it aint that cold in london or the midlands compared to the frozen outlands of the north west tongue.gif

The word at the ground is that rovers f***ed up and this will cost tens of thousands of £'s.

The ref was not called in until late and is blaming the Club for not contacting him earlier when he was available. To make it worse radio 5 say he didn't even wear studs when inspecting the pitch!!!

lots of young kids around the ground are very fed up with their Xmas treat of a game being screwed up...never mind the 1000's of Sunderland fans.

we need answers to what has happened and why the heavy investment in undersoil heating did not work...this is nothing short of a joke and a mega PR balls up, what a way to attract the floating fan at a time when we are assured a bigger gate. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Well if not for Sky Radio Rovers would have cost me my taxi fare. Complete idiots working or this club. Thought BRFC could sink no lower...well this truly proves that wrong.

Personally I believe that if the Walkers had stumped up the cash for a better undersoil heating system then we wouldn't be in this mess.

369510[/snapback]

I blame them for not rebuilding Ewood with a retractable roof and heated seats. wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.