BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton 0 Rovers 2

Personally I felt the departure announcement of curbishly played a massive part in the result, Charlton just couldn't be arsed to be quite honest. We did look good though despite a killer instinct for goal. I think we'll make europe as i doubt newcastle will beat chelski on the final day and going on current form we should get at least a draw against man citeh.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Flopsy. Pedersen, Savage and Bellamy should be fined a week's wages...............they deserved their bookings............especially Savage and Bellamy...........won't they ever learn???

403304[/snapback]

Don't think I agree with that. Pedersen yes - pathetic dive and embarrassing frankly. Savage and Bellamy (from the Sky shots anyway) seemed to be chatting to the referee - it was hardly Roy Keane and Man U style. I blame Rob Styles - I think he over-reacted. Compare it with the earlier game when Frank Lampard quite clearly (you didn't need to be a master lip-reader) told the ref to eff off twice and he got a talking to.

Great result against a very poor Charlton side and all credit to the fans who made the trip, looked a good following for a live game.

Just a couple of observations:

Lucas Neill in the first half was yet again caught marking space instead of the player, when will he learn? That shot either side of Brad and we could have been 1-0 down.

Mort Ped yet again was awful for me; ok his throw lead to the goal but his overall contribution was terrible. I agree he's only young but he's going to have to improve considerably to cement his place in the team.

Steven Reid must be the most improved player in blue and white, every game he looks better and better, we'll struggle to keep hold of him at this rate.

Great day indeed, Rovers 3 points and brum going down biggrin.gif

Don't think I agree with that.  Pedersen yes - pathetic dive and embarrassing frankly.  Savage and Bellamy (from the Sky shots anyway) seemed to be chatting to the referee - it was hardly Roy Keane and Man U style.  I blame Rob Styles - I think he over-reacted.  Compare it with the earlier game when Frank Lampard quite clearly (you didn't need to be a master lip-reader) told the ref to eff off twice and he got a talking to.

403345[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. It's about interpretation. Styles is trying to be a modern day Elleray. He actually motioned to Bellamy to stand up straight but there was clearly no need to book him. Sadly Styles is a pr1ck who referees not on respect but more in the style of a traffic warden.

great result...but cant believe comments on mgp dive ...ok sure it was a dive but how many dives this season have resulted in yellow?

as was pointed out bells and savs yellows ...bloody hell look at what und and the rest have got away with...

That was a superb performance and Reid has improved immensely over the course of the season. Tugay was influential as ever and we deserved to win by more than we did.

Also, Rob Styles must think he has the power of god the way he was handing out bookings. The only yellow card we deserved was when Pedersen dived.

I think people are being a bit harsh on Pedersen, ok maybe it was a dive but he was clipped about a yard before he went down and if he hadnt had been clipped he mite've got to the ball, he realised he wouldn't so he went down, I think its completely different to the type of dive Diouf did

Just watched MOTD, nice to see we weren't last for once, although they did make up for it by making no comment on the game whatsoever!

Edited by eddiewac

Freidel 7 Untroubled

Neill 7 Calm when moved and solid.

Nelsen 7 Solid

Khizanishvili 8 Calm, skillful, tidy

Gray 7 Some worrying runs forward but was untroubled

Reid 8 Good header, some good tackles and did well at right back

Savage 8 Undeserved booking, broke up attacks

Tugay 9 Ran the midfield

MGP 6 Bad dive and needs to improve

Bentley 7* Nice touches

Pongolle 8 Nice touches and excellent with Bellers

Bellamy 8 Classy and good with Pongolle

Kuqi 10* Amazing lol ( 6 really) had no time.

Ya dancer!!!

Great win, after a BIG dip in form!

We were superior big style today against a strangely despondant Charlton side. Good luck to Mr Curbishly btw, a gentleman and a true positive for the game that we lack in many characters today.Wished we'd scored more cause we had the chance today to do so and they were very stand off-ish and down the flanks we should have taken em to the cleaners. Would have liked to have seen Sergio P cme on for the last 10 to do his shizzle down the left!! May have brought us one more. GD all important with the Geordie B's nippin us close!

Best performance since Spurs at WHL, and like first Premiership win in London since god knows!!!

Tugay huge + today! So too Reid, who has got better as the season has went on, and I'm defo not his number 1 fan!!

Lets not get too much into the debate over MGP's dive. I've seen fr worse this year from eejits like Joe Cole, Drogba, Robben, Reyes, Pires, Ronaldo, Sergio Garcia, Jens Lehman.....but to name a few!

Good news that Mr Rooney is injured! As I am a Scottish Rovers fan hoping England get gubbed at the World Cup! Although you do have a class bunch of players even without Rooney (who will probably recover anyhow)....and the fear is there! COULDN'T HACK ENGLAND WINNING THE WORLD CUP, WE'D NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT FOR ANOTHER 40 YEARS!!!

Mon the Rovers, get it up ye England!!!!!

Edited by murray92

Oh, another thing, Pongolle looks a really good player, I like him a lot. I think we should keep Bellamy and Pongolle at the club, get rid of Dickov, Kuqi and Gallagher and look to bring in two top quality, tall and powerful players. Pongolle and Bellamy looked very good together today, but there is no physical presence.

Edited by tcj_jones

Sorry Gav but I thought Pedeersen did alright tonight compared to many of his recent performances. In fact I thought he had one his better performances if only he would stop trying to score from a corner.

Fair enough Charlton didn't exactly put up to much fight but to me that was one of the best performances of the season from the lads we love to criticise.

Was it us playing well or was it Charlton playing bad - anyway whatever we will not get the credit due to the happenings with Curbishley.

To me we played very well and I think thta sealed our fate for Europe - fook off barcodes - BLACKBURN ARE BACK tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

We looked excellent today but you have to say that Charlton were just poor. The amount of room they gave us was criminal. No closing down or anything. Bentley and Tugay had so much room to pass the ball around it was ridiculous.

Nobody played badly but the Ped still did little apart from the throw in, Bellamy was suprisingly subdued but still excellent in running the channels. I am not sure why everybody rates Pongolle so highly. He had a couple of nice touches but he offered so little threat. Often he would check back or mis-control.

Reid was outstanding, as was Tugay, and all the defence played well.

But is is worth saying again- Charlton were abysmal.

Regardless of whether Charlton turned up or not we went out and got three points, which is all that mattered.

Moaning about our players diving, getting booked, and fining them? Some of you will never be happy - come on you blues!!!

Don't think I agree with that.  Pedersen yes - pathetic dive and embarrassing frankly.  Savage and Bellamy (from the Sky shots anyway) seemed to be chatting to the referee - it was hardly Roy Keane and Man U style. 

403345[/snapback]

It may be so, I don't know what they said........but the problem is that they keep getting booked for it and one day it will prove costly.

Oh, another thing, Pongolle looks a really good player, I like him a lot.  I think we should keep Bellamy and Pongolle at the club, get rid of Dickov, Kuqi and Gallagher and look to bring in two top quality, tall and powerful players.  Pongolle and Bellamy looked very good together today, but there is no physical presence.

403378[/snapback]

Agree with you, every time Pongo was on with Bellamy always creates lots of chance, much better than the other two, the difference in quality is remarkable. I still can't understand why Hughes didn't let him on in the late 4 games before yesterday(Perhaps I missed something on this messageboard, but I didn't got the news that he was injured). If he was on in the last 4 poor games, we may still have been in the chase of the 4th. sad.gif

Year after year I was tired of the disappointed performance of the Rovers striker force. Until Bellamy came, the best striker we have after we back to the Premiership was a talented but not strong enough and injured Matt Jansen, an old and sometimes low motivated Andy Cole and a half season miracle Jonathon Stead. The rest of them was a totally joke, donkey Grabbi, studhorse Yorke, headless fly Dicov, elephant Kuqi, soft Gally and a list of names like Nathan Blake, Marcus Bent, Egil Ostenstad ... mad.gif I really missed the SAS striker force when I just began to watch Rovers 10 years ago, sharp, powerful, fantastic and unbelievable. Only rely on Bellamy is not enough, the bringing in of Pongo is a good mark, and what we need now is a tall, powerful and quality striker, what we never have since Sutton's departure(Of course, elephant Kuqi can't be count).

I should say we did a good job in the game but the poor Charlton side still have some chance. We still have a lot to improve.

Noticed during the game that Bellamy picked up his fifth for the season, is he suspended for the next game??

403404[/snapback]

nah. he can afford a yellow per game. the cumulative yellow card system expired in the match against pompy, if i remember correctly. that said, the yellows for bellers and savage were appallingly harsh.

It may be so, I don't know what they said........but the problem is that they keep getting booked for it and one day it will prove costly.

403392[/snapback]

yes but the ytop clubs get away with surrounding the ref efffing and jefffin at the ref but we always get the yellows

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.