BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to my (mis)calculations,should rovers progress tomorrow,these are the pots that the group stage will be drawn from,one team from each pot make up a group.

ajax away please from the top one :)

pot 1

Sevilla

Newcastle United

Schalke 04

Parma

Ajax

Bayer Leverkusen

Feyenoord

AJ Auxerre

pot 2

Brugge

basel

Marseille

hertha berlin

Sparta Praha

rangers

Celta de Vigo

Paris Saint-Germain

pot 3

Lokomotiv Moscow

RC Lens

Besiktas

Palermo

Espanyol

Heerenveen

Partizan Belgrade

Rapid Bucuresti

pot 4

Slovan Liberec

Fenerbahçe

Austria Wien

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Osasuna

FC Lovech

ROVERS

Grasshoppers

pot 5

Dinamo Bucuresti

Livorno

spurs

Sporting Braga

Eintracht Frankfurt

Iraklis Thessaloniki

Metalurg Zaporizhia

Kayserispor

*disclaimer-i'm crap at predictions.

TrimmTrab's post is just nonsense. There are 80 teams still left in the UEFA Cup and I'm sure the 40 remaining after tonight will look different to his list..

Your right there Scotty - Marseille, Schalke and Hertha are all out of the UEFA Cup (thank god). Also, Besiktas might soon follow..

EDIT: Besiktas, WHam & Lokomotiv Moscow are all out too..

Edited by AussieinUk

nonsense..............

pot 1

Sevilla

Newcastle United

Schalke 04

Parma

Ajax

Bayer Leverkusen

Feyenoord

AJ Auxerre

fact................

pot 1

Sevilla

Newcastle United

Panathinaikos

Parma

Ajax

Bayer Leverkusen

Feyenoord

AJ Auxerre

rovers in pot 4 aswell,who would have thought it!!!!

scotty and aussieinuk,pm me your address and i'll send the humble pie over asap :tu:

Scotty, that's pretty well how I'd expected it- four higher ranked clubs got knocked out so we moved up into pot 4 which contains a bunch of clubs we wouldn't have minded drawing.

Avoiding Palermo coming out of pot 3 could be a key to Rovers' progress as we can expect pots 1 and 2 to produce tough opposition. That said, I could quite easily pop up to Palermo if we play them away.

Do we know whether letters A, B, C, D and E denoting order and venue of play coincide with pot numbers 1 to 5?

Scotty, that's pretty well how I'd expected it- four higher ranked clubs got knocked out so we moved up into pot 4 which contains a bunch of clubs we wouldn't have minded drawing.

Avoiding Palermo coming out of pot 3 could be a key to Rovers' progress as we can expect pots 1 and 2 to produce tough opposition. That said, I could quite easily pop up to Palermo if we play them away.

Do we know whether letters A, B, C, D and E denoting order and venue of play coincide with pot numbers 1 to 5?

Doh. Just re-read your post

Edited by Azuri

If it does then it means we will be home to the teams we draw from Groups B and E and away to those we draw from Group A and Group C. This would make sense as it means the top seeds get to play at home against the toughest team and away to the weakest team etc.

That would mean trips to one of...

Sevilla, Panathanikos, Parma, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Feyernoord or Auxerre from the top seeds

and away to one of...

Besiktas, Palermo, Espanyol, Heerenveen, Partizan Belgrade, Rapid Bucharest, Wisla Krakow or Slovan Liberec.

Wouldn't fancy a trip to Feyenoord and Palermo as both clubs seem to have had recent problems with hooliganism. Auxerre and Heerenveen I guess would be the best draw as regards not having to travel too far...

It would also mean, if correct, that we can't be drawn to play Rangers at Ibrox but we could have them at Ewood...which would mean a big crowd if nothing else!

Edited by FourLaneBlue

If it does then it means we will be home to the teams we draw from Groups B and E and away to those we draw from Group A and Group C. This would make sense as it means the top seeds get to play at home against the toughest team and away to the weakest team etc.

That would mean trips to one of...

Sevilla, Panathanikos, Parma, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Feyernoord or Auxerre from the top seeds

and away to one of...

Besiktas, Palermo, Espanyol, Heerenveen, Partizan Belgrade, Rapid Bucharest, Wisla Krakow or Slovan Liberec.

Wouldn't fancy a trip to Feyenoord and Palermo as both clubs seem to have had recent problems with hooliganism. Auxerre and Heerenveen I guess would be the best draw as regards not having to travel too far...

It would also mean, if correct, that we can't be drawn to play Rangers at Ibrox but we could have them at Ewood...which would mean a big crowd if nothing else!

so that means no trip to prague :( though still a possible trip to czech rep.

amsterdam is still on the cards though!!! ;)

No they don't. There will be 8 groups of 5 teams, each group having one team from each of the 5 pots in it. Teams from the same country cannot play each other. Once the draw is made then the computer takes over and sorts out who plays home and away at what time. It has to take into account weather conditions, city clashes (can't have two games played at the same time in the same city), etc etc.

Basically, we won't know who we're playing when until after the draw's been made and the fixture computer has done it's stuff.

If you're going to post what the draw will look like you might as well get it 100% right - otherwise what's the point?

the point was to see if i could get an idea about whereabouts rovers would stand in the seeding,and see if i could get a rough idea as to who we could potentially get in our group.As it turns out the 'fantasy group' i planned from my original prediction is still on the cards,so it served a purpose for me.

i apologise for any distress it obviously caused you. :tu:

so that means no trip to prague :( though still a possible trip to czech rep.

amsterdam is still on the cards though!!! ;)

You'll always end up going there on a lads holiday anyway though. Lets get somewhere a bit different and original.

give me Amsterdam away; I have a freebie return flight on VLM from Manchester or Liverpool to Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Paris to be used by the end of the year.

alternatively Tel Aviv would be ideal as we go and visit "the homeland" every year and I know the place well...fantastic night life!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.