BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

Is the draw for the next round random or...?

I mean how is it that we avoid CL teams if we finish first?

Its is random, with the following exeptions...

- no club may be drawn against the another from the same association

- the group winners will be drawn against one of the third place teams

- the runners up are drawn against one of the 8 clubs joining from the CL

Group winners and runners up play the return leg at home.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't worked out all the possibilities but a point should put us at least as runners-up, so we are definetely playing away in the first leg on 20/21 February? (CORRECTION should be 14th/15th) I'm asking because I'm determined to go if it's anywhere within reasonable distance. One problem is I hadn't realised the games switch to Tuesday and Wednesday (wrong again, still Weds/Thurs) in the knock-out stages. Is there any rule of thumb as to who gets which day? I'd prefer Wednesday if anyone from UEFA is reading this!!

Doesn't that contradict philip's post?

2nd v CL 3rd (second leg favouring the CL drop-outs).
Edited by Paul

It does, but thats what it says here http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19070.pdf (para 4.08 d)

DO games switch to Tuesdays? I always thought theey were still Weds and Thurs in the next round.

Just found that PDF while you were posting Stu. Looks like you are correct to me.

As for the dates I got that wrong http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Keytopics/kind=64...sId=425702.html, the first leg is on 14th/15th February and the second leg is on the 22nd.

As for the dates I got that wrong http://www.uefa.com/uefa/Keytopics/kind=64...sId=425702.html, the first leg is on 14th/15th February and the second leg is on the 22nd.

Presumably if the first leg is on a Wednesday or Thursday then it must be a non Champions League week. If so Wednesday is more likely unless TV intervenes. Either way it looks like a romantic Valentines break for Anne and me...!

Its is random, with the following exeptions...

- no club may be drawn against the another from the same association

- the group winners will be drawn against one of the third place teams

- the runners up are drawn against one of the 8 clubs joining from the CL

Is there a chance you could play the third place team of the group which you have just qualified from or would it be 1 out of 7.

I'm hoping for a draw. To be honest it's al in our hands anyway. A win against Nancy sees us top the group whatever happens tonight.

Thats why it needs to be a draw because knowing Rovers they will lose to Nancy and we will end up playing Barcelona.

Edited by Jordan

With tonight's games about to kick off, a win for Nancy by 3 or more would be seriously bad news- we'd need to win against them to stay top of the Group.

If Feyernoord win, then a win by Krakow would mean that Feyernoord's game against them in the last round would have some competitive edge to it as Krakow would need a result in Rotterdam to qualify.

If Basle and Feyernoord win tonight then Rovers, Nancy and Feyernoord have qualified with just the Rovers v Nancy game to decide the 1, 2, 3 order.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.