BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our opponents had a harder time getting to the group stage than us...

Feyenoord - Only beat Levski Sofia on away goals

Wisla Krakow - Needed extra time to finally beat Iraklis of Greece, this was after they LOST their home leg. If Iraklis can win there then surely we have a chance?

Nancy - Impressively beat Schalke 04 but only after losing the first leg in Germany.

Basel - OK...well they had it easy, winning 7-2 on aggregate against Rabotnicki...but then again, who are they?

No need to fear.

It's a tough enough draw that we have, Wisla Krakow and Feyenord away will be extremely hard games. The games against Nancy and Basle will also be difficult. The only game that I'd say that I would have definately wanted it home would be the Feyenord one, but they are struggling at the moment. Nancy just put Schalke out and Basle have shown how well they can perform in Europe over the last couple of seasons. I'm confident that we can be one of the three teams to qualify from the group.

Bizarre. A cold-caller from TalkTalk (Carphone Warehouse) has justed knocked at my door. Well, she was quite pretty ( ;) )and had what I thought was a Polish accent so I asked if she was from Krakow. The look on her face when she said she was :o Anyway, she'd never heard of Blackburn Rovers ! And with that she left sharpish - obvioulsy thought I was some weirdo - but nice to see the boot on the other foot with doorstep sales people... :D

Oops - sorry mods

... And for those of us NOT jetting off to foreign destinations to see the team we love ... Anyone know if any of our fixtures are going to be on the telly?

You have to expect the Feyenoord fixture would at least get sufficient attention away from the Spuds/Barcodes - biased media to get a look in.

HI , Everyone !

I think that you have strong team , you do not have good position in your league , but premiership is one of the strongest in europe so you are able to win this group , i think that we are going to fight against nancy for second place , feyenoord and basel will be 4-5

WHITE STAR !

They've got everything the wrong way round. Going to be near impossible to make the away leg in just 2 weeks time, where as Basel away would have been a piece of p**. Would really love to go to Krakov, but chances are I won't be able to get a ticket anyway.

Incidentally Basel have not been on good domestic form since they lost the league to Zurich on the last day of the season. They probably have the most talent of all the Swiss teams though and were very unlucky to lose to Middlesbrough last season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.