SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are your opinions about nancy ?

at our forum , some people writes that they are going to win this , group , and the others writes that they will be easiest to beat , what do you think ?

There is only one decent team in France and that is Lyon. The rest are very ordinary. I would guess that Rovers and Feyenoord are hot favourites for the top two places with Basel probably favourites with the bookies for third. If Krakow or Nancy get through I would be quite surprised.

Good luck to those of you that are going to Krakow. I think Texan Rover is being a little generous with his assesment of teh average Polish football fan. Having seen them at work in Germany at the world cup, I'd suggest to all travelling fans that you keep your shirt covered, your mouth shut and your wits about you. Just about every police force in Europe will tell you that their fans are the worst for mindless violence. Closely followed by the Dutch.

What a great draw we've got!

Just to give you some info on my team Feyenoord.

Current League Standing : 9th

Players to look out for : Jonathan de Guzman , Serginho Greene , Romeo Castelen (when fit)

Favourite player with the fans : Danny Buijs

The Manager : Erwin Koeman

Stadium Capacity : 51.000

Away Tickets (Guess) : Minimum 1400 , Maximum 2300

Last succes in the Cup : Uefa Cup Winners 2002 (with Brett Emerton)

The current team we have is very very poor. The supporters are protesting every week against the board of directors and chairman for making a big mess of things. We were being followed by the Dutch F.A just over a year ago because the Finacial Status was awful. We therefore had to sell quality players like Dirk Kuyt and Salomon Kalou to Liverpool and Chelsea. We also sold just over 30 other players who were at the club just to make the financial situation better.

Maybe worst of all the board decided to spend 80% of our transfer-money on a reserve player of our biggest rivals ajax. In Holland at Feyenoord it is ''not done'' when you buy a player from ajax let alone a useless reserve fuc.ker. His name is Angelos Charisteas by the way (the guy who scored the winner in the European Championship Final for Greece).

If you want to see the goals we scored so far this season click on the link below and just click on the name of the player...

http://www.frgoals.nl/index.php?pagina=goals/index

Feyenoord's possible Starting Line-Up...

____________________Timmer__________________

___________Greene____Saidi_____Bahia________

____Buijs______________________________Leonard_

_____________De Guzman____Lucius_____________

____________________Hofs______________________

____________Castelen______Charisteas___________

Subs :

Lodewijks , Tiendalli , Boussaboun , Van Hooijdonk , Kolkka , Pardo , Drenthe.

Would that be Pierre van Hooijdonk of Celtic fame? He was a good player for Celtic!

Would that be Pierre van Hooijdonk of Celtic fame? He was a good player for Celtic!

Yes that's him. He was a good player for us 1st time round as well. He brought us the Uefa Cup in 2002...

almost 37 years old.. 29-11-1969

1989/90 RBC 32 6 Eerste divisie

1990/91 RBC 37 27 Eerste divisie

1991/92 NAC 35 20 Eerste divisie

1992/93 NAC 33 26 Eerste divisie

1993/94 NAC 31 25 Eredivisie

1994/95 NAC 16 10 Eredivisie

1994/95 Celtic 14 4 Schotland

1995/96 Celtic 34 26 Schotland

1996/97 Celtic 21 14 Schotland

1996/97 Nottingham Forest 8 1 Premiership

1997/98 Nottingham Forest 42 29

1998/99 Nottingham Forest 21 6 Premiership

1999/00 Vitesse 29 25 Eredivisie

2000/01 Benfica 30 19 Portugal

2001/02 Feyenoord 33 24 Eredivisie

2002/03 Feyenoord 28 28 Eredivisie

2003/04 Fenerbahçe 34 23 Turkije

2004/05 Fenerbahçe 19 8 Turkije

2005/06 NAC Breda 17 5 Eredivisie

2005/06 Feyenoord 11 3 Eredivisie

2006/07 Feyenoord 5 1 Eredivisie

Totaal 530 330

Not a bad career...

Here is his only goal of this season... http://www.voetbalgoals.nl/frgoals/goals/f...enoordnac23.wmv

Edited by SCF08

Yes that's him. He was a good player for us 1st time round as well. He brought us the Uefa Cup in 2002...

almost 37 years old.. 29-11-1969

1989/90 RBC 32 6 Eerste divisie

1990/91 RBC 37 27 Eerste divisie

1991/92 NAC 35 20 Eerste divisie

1992/93 NAC 33 26 Eerste divisie

1993/94 NAC 31 25 Eredivisie

1994/95 NAC 16 10 Eredivisie

1994/95 Celtic 14 4 Schotland

1995/96 Celtic 34 26 Schotland

1996/97 Celtic 21 14 Schotland

1996/97 Nottingham Forest 8 1 Premiership

1997/98 Nottingham Forest 42 29

1998/99 Nottingham Forest 21 6 Premiership

1999/00 Vitesse 29 25 Eredivisie

2000/01 Benfica 30 19 Portugal

2001/02 Feyenoord 33 24 Eredivisie

2002/03 Feyenoord 28 28 Eredivisie

2003/04 Fenerbahçe 34 23 Turkije

2004/05 Fenerbahçe 19 8 Turkije

2005/06 NAC Breda 17 5 Eredivisie

2005/06 Feyenoord 11 3 Eredivisie

2006/07 Feyenoord 5 1 Eredivisie

Totaal 530 330

Not a bad career...

Here is his only goal of this season... http://www.voetbalgoals.nl/frgoals/goals/f...enoordnac23.wmv

"Pieeerrrre,.......! there's only one Pierre, there's only one Pieeerre, there's only one pierre.

Repeat ad nauseam!

Edited by Fife Rover

Sorry Abbey I'm praying for a move as I'm currently stuffed with the Bolton game :(

FRUNKING GERKIN DIBUT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

POLAND 2 DAYS BEFORE GOA :(

HOLLAND WEEK BEFORE GRRR USA...AWFUL PLANNING UEFA I HATE YOU :P

AH WELL KNOCKOUTS HERE I COME

I watched Rovers beat Nancy at Ewood in the 60`s? in a cup competition (something like the Friendship cup) and I believe that was the first European encounter for the Rovers;it will be interesting to see them again.

Lets hope for the same result we won 3 1 at home and lost 1 0 away and everybody who thinks our attendence is bad now, there was 4850 on that night december 1961.....

Thanks Unsall for the date and the second leg score.I also think we have played Nancy in America in a pre-season match and I`m sure we beat them again.

The UEFA match at Ewood on the 13th of December is a Wednesday night so I presume the Reading away game will be still be played on the Saturday.

How do,

This is my first post, and I do apologise for joining earlier.

I am lead to believe that flights to Poland have now quadrupled since the announcement that we are to be playing there. I was contemplating a trip over, and making a holiday out of it. Get to know the locals before the game, etc...I had a look at prices before it was announced we were playing over there, and the cheapest one I could find from Manchester to Krakow was £123.00 (return) through BA, with a 2 hour stop in London. Had a butchers today, and it's £210 each way! Modern day Dick Turpins...And I can't make the Feyenoord game as I am down in London. I would re-arrange the weekend, but it has been re-arranged for that weekend, as i was initially going to go to London the weekend before, but we have Spurs at home, and I figured I could catch the Watford game when I was down there. Holland...? Watford...? A tough choice!

Anywhoo, I anticipate that we should get 6 points out of the two games (wins against Krakow and Basle...I hope I'm not tempting fate there!), and I think that should be enough to see us through to the knockouts, then I should be able to get my holiday!

DOH! just realised it was for 2008! :wstu:

just as much an incentive to get into next years comp

Impressive ground that it is though , the acoustics are not vey good so don't know what effect this would have on the atmosphere regardless of who is playing there in the Final

Wish we had drawn a Spanish team as I would have been able to go. Went to Poland last time we played there, never again. Riot police all over the place for the match and the Polish fans ready to have a go at anyone. Spent 2 nights there and the night before the game it was great. Went round loads of pubs with no trouble at all but walking to the ground on match night Warsaw was awash with police with their fans intent on causing trouble. Can see why the German police were on edge when it was the world cup. Ah well maybe next round for a Spanish team :D:D

Cath

There is only one decent team in France and that is Lyon. The rest are very ordinary. I would guess that Rovers and Feyenoord are hot favourites for the top two places with Basel probably favourites with the bookies for third. If Krakow or Nancy get through I would be quite surprised.

Good luck to those of you that are going to Krakow. I think Texan Rover is being a little generous with his assesment of teh average Polish football fan. Having seen them at work in Germany at the world cup, I'd suggest to all travelling fans that you keep your shirt covered, your mouth shut and your wits about you. Just about every police force in Europe will tell you that their fans are the worst for mindless violence. Closely followed by the Dutch.

What a great draw we've got!

Where does that leave the english?? :)

FRUNKING GERKIN DIBUT GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

POLAND 2 DAYS BEFORE GOA :(

HOLLAND WEEK BEFORE GRRR USA...AWFUL PLANNING UEFA I HATE YOU :P

AH WELL KNOCKOUTS HERE I COME

Full of excuses :(

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.