BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dickov Leaves.

Dickov decides against renewing Rovers contract.

I know this was mentioned in the transfer topic but I think it deserves a thread of it's own. I'm suprised he chose not take up the offer of a two year contract, at 33 he'll be lucky to get that same offer again.

I guess he must have realised what the rest of us have; we've become too good for him, his first team chances would be limited to covering injuries and suspensions next year. This will surely now lead to us signing at least two strikers over the summer, or one if Pongolle is turned into a permanent fixture.

Without Dickov's 10 goals in his first season we very well could have gone down, for £150,000 he was certainly one of Souness' better signings. I wish him well wherever he ends up, hopefully he'll get a welcome return when he visits Ewood again.

Edited by LeChuck

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he contributed in terms of goals will be appreciated, but I don't think he was a strong enough calibre of player for our European push next term.

Best of luck Paul.

409167[/snapback]

Dickov was the hardest working player I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt. The time had come to part ways, but my thanks go to him as well as my best wishes.

Liked his hard work on the pitch and the fact he would give 110% every game only thing I wont miss is his constant moaning when decisions dont go his way.

Thanks for the goals Paul and good luck in the future except when your playing us of course.

Without Dickov's 10 goals in his first season we very well could have gone down, for £150,000 he was certainly one of Souness' better signings.  I wish him well wherever he ends up, hopefully he'll get a welcome return when he visits Ewood again.

409164[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more LeChuck. Fair play to what he did for us and good luck for the future, shame some of the muppets who have slated him won't appreciate what he did for us.

His effort could very rarely be faulted, he gave everything he had, IMO he when he first joined us seem to set the pace for the side, his team-mates would see him chase every single ball down and they would follow suit. I always thought that in the 04/05 when he didn't play we looked lazy and not willing to battle, when he played the whole side battled and gave that extra 10%min effort.

His 10 goals were probably the most important goals of that season, without them we wouldn't even be in the Prem nevermind achieving what we achieved last season.

For a while Dickov was our best striker which was part of our problem in the time. I agree we may well have gone down without his commitment and his goals to the Rovers cause. He was never a top premiership player but in terms of commitment he couldn't be faulted. He was a proper fighter which is exactly what we needed at the time. Forutnately things have moved on a bit but I would like to wish Paul all the best for the rest of his career.

Good luck Mr Dickov and thanks for the memories, especially that screamer against Bolton.

tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

Looks like everyone desperately wants to say "thanks for the effort but you were cr*p." but doesn't want to say it without dressing it up a bit.

409251[/snapback]

Lets just say he's served his purpose eh? smile.gif It's a sign of the times he's leaving and lets enjoy it.

Looks like everyone desperately wants to say "thanks for the effort but you were cr*p." but doesn't want to say it without dressing it up a bit.

409251[/snapback]

Dickov is not crap. He might not be Thierry Henry, but he possesses other qualities that have been invaluable to us over the last couple of years.

Anybody who goes out on the pitch and gives everything game after game and plays a major part in us avoiding relegation deserves better than to be called crap.

Thanks for the effort but you were a crap, moaning git.

Cole for Dickov..............mutter, mutter

409261[/snapback]

It's all if's and buts but if we'd have kept Cole we might have lacked the cash to sign Bellamy a couple a seasons later. My point is, it's all turned out rather rosy (I guess I'm just in a good mood today)

409251[/snapback]

I`d rather have a team full of Paul Dickovs pulling on the blue & white halves tinykit.gif than a team full of prima donnas.

Thankyou & good luck Paul! thumbs-up.gif

Blackburn Rovers fans appreciate players who put in 100% effort.

I`d rather have a team full of Paul Dickovs pulling on the blue & white halves  tinykit.gif  than a team full of prima donnas.

Thankyou & good luck Paul!  thumbs-up.gif

409264[/snapback]

Some of them do. Some of them liked Ashley ward when he was here too. I for one will not miss the moaning, whinging, fouling, dirty player that he is ....

Granted - he played up front on his own for us and ran his heart out for a few months and played a part in keeping us up - but I think he drags rovers playing style down when he plays for us. When he's not in the side - we seem to play a far more flowing game.

I`d rather have a team full of Paul Dickovs pulling on the blue & white halves  tinykit.gif  than a team full of prima donnas.

Thankyou & good luck Paul!  thumbs-up.gif

409264[/snapback]

Exactly why I preferred him over Cole...

Did great and put in the effort that kept us up. Cole would have waited for the perfect ball, which he never would have gotten with our midfield at the time...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.