BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Franny Jeffers

Jemal has been given chances and he has quite simply never looked up to it. Add to that the fact that the coaching staff see him in training and still don't have faith in him I can't see my opinion being changed anytime soon.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i seen alot of derbyshire on the telly last season when he was at wrexham he was banging them home every week. i watched him against swansea in the pre-season game last season, he came on and scored too, i think he is the real deal and will get his chance with the first team this season.

as for jeffers, the bottom line is he was signed on a free, hughes has played with him at everton when he was half decent.

if he is useless, like he has been for the past few seasons, it's not that much of a big loss.

if he can re-find some form and get a run in the team he could score over 10 this season and we would all be chuffed and another bargin by hughes.

Edited by jansenpresty10@wales

• 4 months later...

Jeffers is noted as having a "groin strain" and has already made one abortive comeback. Any chance this is the same problem(it was a groin problem) that sidelined him season after season him at Everton and caused him to be unfit for most of his time at Charlton? Otherwise the striking partners for Benni (and Heaven help us if he gets injured!) are Roberts (injured) and Nonda (useless).

Yes he will. And deservedly so.. Nonda's had a few matches not worth remembering, and after watching Dickov and Kuqi for a season or so we're used to hardworking strikers with little skill. Come on, give the man some time to adjust - he's used to very different leagues in France and Italy, and has been injured a lot. He's not useless, but has had a tough time adjusting - whether that's his own fault or partly someone else's is another discussion..

My tip that Jeffers will be this seasons most shrewd close season signing is looking more than a little extravagant now. I still think from the little we have seen that he displays real pedigree on the pitch (second only to Benni) but for some reason he must not show much to Hughes & Co at Brockhall. Whether it is injury or temperament problems I don't know but the clock is definitely ticking now for him. We rescued him from a life in the lower divs with Coventry but it's not coming together for him as yet...... and he surely needs it to for his own good.

I stand by what I said when Jeffers first arrived - he'll flop.

I know he's done quite well as a sub but I just do not think that we are the club to resurrect his career. He needs starts, which he won't get here. He's the sort of player, who if off-form, is a total waste of space.

I know that sounds obvious, but some players have physical attributes - like Kuqi with his strength and height, or Bellamy with his pace, which enable them, despite being out-of-form, to pull something out of the bag to create/score. Jeffers has neither strength nor pace nor an abundance of skill. He has good anticipation, decent movement and a tidy finisher (at his best).

Edited by rover6

I stand by what I said when Jeffers first arrived - he'll flop.

I know he's done quite well as a sub but I just do not think that we are the club to resurrect his career. He needs starts, which he won't get here. He's the sort of player, who if off-form, is a total waste of space.

I know that sounds obvious, but some players have physical attributes - like Kuqi with his strength and height, or Bellamy with his pace, which enable them, despite being out-of-form, to pull something out of the bag to create/score. Jeffers has neither strength nor pace nor an abundance of skill. He has good anticipation, decent movement and a tidy finisher (at his best).

for me he offers more then Nonda he always give 100% and when he gets fully fit i think he will prove to us what he is capable off

In a nutshell.......... I usually judge a player on whether I would prefer to play against him before others. On the evidence of my own eyes I would, much prefer to be asked to mark Nonda than Jeffers. Simple as.

Yes he will. And deservedly so.. Nonda's had a few matches not worth remembering, and after watching Dickov and Kuqi for a season or so we're used to hardworking strikers with little skill. Come on, give the man some time to adjust - he's used to very different leagues in France and Italy, and has been injured a lot. He's not useless, but has had a tough time adjusting - whether that's his own fault or partly someone else's is another discussion..

Nonda has the potential to be great. Problem is he has all the killer instinct of Mother Teresa. He seems to have a major lack of belief.

Nonda has the potential to be great. Problem is he has all the killer instinct of Mother Teresa. He seems to have a major lack of belief.

Has? Has?! He's 29 and coming back from a devastating injury. At best he has the potential to be a serviceable Premiership striker. To do that though he has to pull his finger out of his arse and up with work ethic.

• 2 months later...
Really, where did you hear that?

Happy if its true by the way - it wasnt doing us or him anygood just sitting on the bench/reserves

From BRFC's text service. I expect it'll be on the official site in no time.

I agree it's a good move for him and us.

I've an Everton supporting mate who really rates him. If he can recapture his form from that 1st season at Everton, he'll be a great striker for someone.

Simon

Guest shoppybrfc

Jeffers looked very good coming on as a sub earlier in the season, then again he had a injury just as we were short upfront with Roberts being injure and Nonda was injured for a few weeks, he could been playing for a starting place had it not been for injury.

One good thing is that Gally moves up the pecking order.

Jeffers looked very good coming on as a sub earlier in the season, then again he had a injury just as we were short upfront with Roberts being injure and Nonda was injured for a few weeks, he could been playing for a starting place had it not been for injury.

One good thing is that Gally moves up the pecking order.

as i posted on another thread a few months ago, jeffers attitude has angered MH and his staff.

in a season where, apart from derbs and mcCarthy, none of our strikers have scored bagfuls of goals, the fact that franny has been loaned to a struggling championship side, shows he isnt in rovers long-term plans.

Guest shoppybrfc

Well give examples of his attitude thats angered MH then, you should audition for Jackanory pleasure.

Why do people keep discarding Nondas contribution, Nonda has done well, and has the best Goals per minute ratio of all our Strikers in the PREMIERSHIP ( see premierleague.com for stats ). He was also out injured virtually the whole of last season.

Edited by shoppybrfc

as i posted on another thread a few months ago, jeffers attitude has angered MH and his staff.

Any more info on that?

Must say his head must be well screwed (scouse attitude?) cos from what little we have seen he should be vying with the splendidly improved Derbyshire in partnering Benni. His talent is way in excess of our other strikers.

Well give examples of his attitude thats angered MH then, you should audition for Jackanory pleasure.

Why do people keep discarding Nondas contribution, Nonda has done well, and has the best Goals per minute ratio of all our Strikers in the PREMIERSHIP ( see premierleague.com for stats ). He was also out injured virtually the whole of last season.

Goals per minute?! Wasn't aware any of em were that good!

:P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.