BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 3 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some of you probably know, its written in the Stars (and history) that whenever I am at an away game - WE NEVER WIN.

So , I thought I would let most of you make your predictions (and get your ticket) before I let you all know - I will be there tomorrow.

Therefore bearing this in mind , and our not so good opening day performance over the years (especially away) and Portsmouth gave us probably one of the best tonkings without actually winning last season I am going to go for the same scoreline

2 v 2 with us taking the league only to go behind and equalise late on.

Hope those who are going have got their Macs :lol:

with the injuries and susspensions the starting 11 i think hughes will play:

friedel

neill todd zurab gray

bentley axe savage mgp

benni roberts

subs:

brown

emerton

reid/peter (depending on reidy's fittness if he can make the bench, if fully fit he will play insteadon bentley or the axe.)

kuqi

jeffers

With one or two exceptions, this preview is now merely a succession of score predictions. Where's the love gone, the humour, the pathos and pithe?

It's like a digital version of the old analogue previews. :(

Hmm, you're right Ozz. ;) How do we get away from this then?

Come on guys, some discussion?

1-1

I said digital, not binary.

Dunno Den, I like to read stories from other people about previous games against the team being previewed, but the same stories will tend to resurface every year, such as my run in with law in Portsmouth over the now legendary Mick Channon incident.

Pictures would be good too and other multi-media input but that I suppose gets a little technical.

Competitions maybe? Guess the year, name the goalscorer etc but people would just Google it all the time.

Maybe all previews and replies should be written and posted whilst drunk?

Pompey have made some good signings over the summer, but I figure they'll need some time to gel together. We on the other hand have a new (impressive) strikeforce, but other than that the rest are unchanged. The good thing from that is that the players will know each other very well now, which I think is an underappreciated advantage in football. Many truly great teams aren't built on superstars but on amazing teamwork, and hopefully Sparky has gotten us together the best he could.

I say 2-0 for Rovers, Roberts and MGP opening their accounts.

I said digital, not binary.

Dunno Den, I like to read stories from other people about previous games against the team being previewed, but the same stories will tend to resurface every year, such as my run in with law in Portsmouth over the now legendary Mick Channon incident.

Pictures would be good too and other multi-media input but that I suppose gets a little technical.

Competitions maybe? Guess the year, name the goalscorer etc but people would just Google it all the time.

Maybe all previews and replies should be written and posted whilst drunk?

well the last time be played pompey i went to the biggest, classic joy feeling to being totaly gutted.

i was at home watching jeff stelling's soccer saturday and it was 2-2 and i can't remember who was covering the game but they was going on about what was happening at the end of the game comming towards 90 mins.

all i heard then was along the lines of goal, blackburns brett emerton has scored at the back post with a header in injury time to give all 3 points to rovers, i was shouting, doing a boggie dance around my front room, jumping on the couches, hugging my dog the lot, going wild in ectasy!!!

i was thinking champions league, 4th place is still on, here we go and then the pundit then says oh no its been dissalowed, emerton didn't head it, he's used his hands!!! :angry:

just sat back down, well gutted. what a come down.

As some of you probably know, its written in the Stars (and history) that whenever I am at an away game - WE NEVER WIN.

So , I thought I would let most of you make your predictions (and get your ticket) before I let you all know - I will be there tomorrow.

Therefore bearing this in mind , and our not so good opening day performance over the years (especially away) and Portsmouth gave us probably one of the best tonkings without actually winning last season I am going to go for the same scoreline

2 v 2 with us taking the league only to go behind and equalise late on.

Hope those who are going have got their Macs :lol:

The rumour is CK, that you have a detatchable scrotum. It's likely to be strung around your neck if we lose.

Hold onto your balls!

with the injuries and susspensions the starting 11 i think hughes will play:

friedel

neill todd zurab gray

bentley axe savage mgp

benni roberts

subs:

brown

emerton

reid/peter (depending on reidy's fittness if he can make the bench, if fully fit he will play insteadon bentley or the axe.)

kuqi

jeffers

With the injuries we have my money is on this lineup except that Gally will be on the bench somewhere, probably replacing Jeffers, and get a run out.

well the last time be played pompey i went to the biggest, classic joy feeling to being totaly gutted.

i was at home watching jeff stelling's soccer saturday and it was 2-2 and i can't remember who was covering the game but they was going on about what was happening at the end of the game comming towards 90 mins.

all i heard then was along the lines of goal, blackburns brett emerton has scored at the back post with a header in injury time to give all 3 points to rovers, i was shouting, doing a boggie dance around my front room, jumping on the couches, hugging my dog the lot, going wild in ectasy!!!

i was thinking champions league, 4th place is still on, here we go and then the pundit then says oh no its been dissalowed, emerton didn't head it, he's used his hands!!! :angry:

just sat back down, well gutted. what a come down.

Yea i did exactly the same... :lol:

i would play

friedel

neil todd zurab gray

gally bentley savage MGP

mccarthy roberts

Disagree, slightly - I wonder consider starting with the Axe in midfield - to give us a more defensive edge. I have a feeling that McCarthy and Roberts will do well - so we just need to keep it tight at the back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.