BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shabani Nonda Signs

Good signing but the Frech league is nothing like the Premiership, it'll be interesting to see how he does even if he has performeed well in Serie A

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody remember the level of excitement that this signing would have created just a few short years ago? :(

Absolutely Gordy - but you've got to move with the times. Boro have signed Woodgate and (probably) Huth. Bolton have Anelka. Villa have Petrov, not to mention O'Neill and prospect of further major cash injection. Newcastle have Duff and Martins. Portsmouth have Campbell, Glen Johnson and plenty more cash. West Ham have signed Tevez and Mascherano. Everton have signed Andy Johnson. We finished above all these teams last year, and they've all strengthened. We on the other hand have lost Bellamy and not improved anywhere else either.

We're in great danger of being left behind, as tends to be the trend after every good season we have. If only we could build on these achievements, who knows where we could end up?

For me, atleast, that explains the apathy.

Where does this signing leave Jeffers? A player trying to rehabilitate after consistent decline will not get anywhere with occasional sub appearances. I think Hughes has realised that he's signed a dud.

I think Jeffers is on a Pay as you Play deal. So not too much of a gamble

Absolutely Gordy - but you've got to move with the times. Boro have signed Woodgate and (probably) Huth. Bolton have Anelka. Villa have Petrov, not to mention O'Neill and prospect of further major cash injection. Newcastle have Duff and Martins. Portsmouth have Campbell, Glen Johnson and plenty more cash. West Ham have signed Tevez and Mascherano. Everton have signed Andy Johnson. We finished above all these teams last year, and they've all strengthened. We on the other hand have lost Bellamy and not improved anywhere else either.

We're in great danger of being left behind, as tends to be the trend after every good season we have. If only we could build on these achievements, who knows where we could end up?

When it's written down like that, it does put it into perspective how well other teams have strengthened. Fans of other teams may look at us I think that we have done well signing the likes of McCarthy and Ooijer and they would be right. However when you see how poorly we have started the season and seen where the team needs improving, it's irritating when you see nothing done about it. I don't think that we have improved as a team at all, just added to the size of it, which needed doing. I think that this summer was our chance to really add quality to the team, after the wonderful season we had had and this year, with greater quality make a push for fourth or fifth. Losing Bellamy was a massive blow, because we really needed to hold onto him and bring someone like McCarthy in to partner him. The team is roughly where it was last year and with West Ham and Portsmouth strengthening like they have, it will be very difficult to maintain our position.

As for Nonda, I think that it could be a good bit of business provided that he can stay fit. He's got a good goal scoring record and if he could rediscover his form, he could be a surprise package.

Rovers new signing Shabani Nonda Video Compilation.

Little Info on the guy...........

The lanky striker’s story began in Burundi, but he was soon forced to flee the country of his birth due to the civil unrest which has plagued the country for decades. Nonda’s love of the sport developed whilst playing in a refugee camp in Tanzania and it was here that his football journey would take flight. FC Zurich had spotted him playing for Young Africans and his move to the Swiss outfit proved to be highly successful, as he broke the country’s scoring record with 24 goals in a season.

His talents went unnoticed throughout the major European Leagues, until Rennes came calling. He took Ligue 1 by storm, prompting Monaco to pay a French record £13.2m for his services. By this point he was also a full international after opting to represent his father’s homeland, DR Congo. His form for the Principality outfit was nothing short of sublime, prompting comparisons with some of the world’s best players. “He’s big, powerful and strong – very similar to Thierry Henry. He’s a great athlete who will scare the pants off any defender when he runs at them,” said former Monaco and Milan striker Mark Hateley.

IPB Image

SHABANI NONDA COMPILATION !!ENJOY.

Got music, no video?????

Edited by USABlue

Where does this signing leave Jeffers? A player trying to rehabilitate after consistent decline will not get anywhere with occasional sub appearances. I think Hughes has realised that he's signed a dud.

Garbage. Hughes wants to perform in all four competitions, which will allow Jeffers more than enough chances for first team football.

James No 7 got there first.

I am astonished that after years and years of top clubs having four international-class strikers, Rovers supporters have still not cottoned-on.

Nonda is a risk but presumably the club spent enough time hanging around Roma to be impressed that his injuries are behind him.

Will be interesting to see who will make the bigger impression in the Prem this season- Nonda or Mido. There's a decent chance we might have got the better end of the protracted Mido deal after all.

last season even 8 in 22 is not bad at all in serie A

Tell that to Luca Toni :D

Anyway, I havent seen the guy play however:-

He is on loan so we can always send him back if he turns out to be pants (where as Souness would have spent 5m on him - he gets injured and spends the rest of his career taking money from us)

He sounds like a better option if Roberts or Benni need to be swapped. I cant get excited about Jeffers/Kuqi (He is still with us isnt he?) or Gally (who I think should play right mid anyway)

Welcome aboard Nonda. His record says one thing – If we can keep him fit then the lad will score goals. Remember a club like Monaco wouldn’t pay £13.5 million for a player with no talent.

He could be a very astute loan signing by Mark Hughes

Im looking forward to it!

Compare last season - Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Johnson, Gallagher

To - McCarthy, Roberts, Nonda, Jeffers, Kuqi & Gallagher - I think its been improved!

Stats dont give the full story. People who have seen him after his injury will easily notice a genuine yard of pace missing from his game and that was his main strength.

Was world class or close to it at Monaco but it seems to me its a gamble loan, where it can come off for us or virtually mean that we have two real strikers at the club with the fact that Jeffers also falls into the same "Lets See" category as Nonda.

Welcome aboard Nonda. His record says one thing – If we can keep him fit then the lad will score goals. Remember a club like Monaco wouldn’t pay £13.5 million for a player with no talent.

He could be a very astute loan signing by Mark Hughes

Im looking forward to it!

Compare last season - Bellamy, Dickov, Kuqi, Johnson, Gallagher

To - McCarthy, Roberts, Nonda, Jeffers, Kuqi & Gallagher - I think its been improved!

Looks like quantity over quality to me, you can fantisise all you want but if Nonda isnt as good as Bellamy, then its a big NO, we, Rovers, havent improved or moved forward as a team from last year, just plenty more bodies though to confuse the issue.

Downloading it as we speak, but I would imagine your problem is that you don't have a media player capable of showing avi.-files. VLC media will sort this out for you, google and you shall find :)

Yeah, my real player said it needed updates to play it but then could not find any. Think I'll just pass. Thanks for the info though herb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.