BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ashley Cole

Is it me, or is everyone sick of this Ashley Cole business? I've been getting a paper every morning for the past 2 weeks and all thats in it is Ashley Cole's cranky-looking face on the back trying to justify his move to Chelsea, incidentally for miles more money than he was on at Arsenal.... not that he was on the minimum wages, at Highbury.

He's a tosser and players like him are forcing the true fans away from the game... Cant blame them.... Another Cole, this time Andy Cole signed for Man City last summer, he does nothing for a season on £50k a week then walk out and threaten to retire if he isnt allowed to leave to go to Pompey for an extra 10k a week.

On Sky Sports news last night he was quoted as saying " I knew my time at Arsenal was over when I asked for £60K a week and they only offerrd me £55K " 55k? A WEEK?! Poor Ashley - struggling on a yearly salary of £2.86 MILLION.

Cole goes on to complain about the fans not singing his name, and they were more bothered about Thierry Henry. So what? Henry is a class act and one of the best footballers to ever grace English turf, not just the premiership. In the end, Henry is the one to have shown Arsenal all the loyalty despite his Parisian routes and the offer of football with arguably bigger clubs in the shape of Real Madrid.

Ashley - your a self centred little tosspot who deserves a lunging Lucas Neill challenge and a bent leg.... :angry:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a tosser and players like him are forcing the true fans away from the game... Cant blame them....

Ashley - your a self centred little tosspot who deserves a lunging Lucas Neill challenge and a bent leg....

I saw Cole and Tweedy on some documentary, I thought how does that "thick get", pull a bird like Cheryl. Well It was obviously on the prommise of the extra £10k a week WAG spending money. Can you think of another way of keeping Cheryl Tweedy happy?

"they only offerred me £55K"

The tightwads! How's a man expected to keep his dignity when he receives so insulting a salary offer? £55K/week is barely enough for the weekly shop at Tesco's.

Footballers these days are living on the bread line and SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. Football has entered a new age of Dickensian wage slaves, toiling away day and night, 7 days a week, for a pittance.

"they only offerred me £55K"

The tightwads! How's a man expected to keep his dignity when he receives so insulting a salary offer? £55K/week is barely enough for the weekly shop at Tesco's.

Footballers these days are living on the bread line and SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. Football has entered a new age of Dickensian wage slaves, toiling away day and night, 7 days a week, for a pittance.

Exactly! You are beginning to get the message. Who are the mugs? Answers on a post(card) please. :ph34r:

The sad fact is that Cole probably thinks that £5K a week extra is nothing, showing what a greedy and ungratious twerp he is. And pretty stupid by the looks of it too. Apparently according to teletext he's slating his new manager for not sticking up for him in the tapping up trial. Good move Ashley.

If he didn't like being behind Henry (a truely world class player) in the status rankings at Arsenal, I've a feeling he's in for a nasty shock at Chelsea - I can't see him being more popular than Lampard, Terry etc. Not only that it's blooming ungreatful for the fans who coughed up his wages all this time. And how can he accuse them of disloyalty when he goes and meets up with Kenyon et al?

The whole book is just making Cole look a bigger and bigger muppet.

Some argue that BRFC started the wage war. When Jack Walker came to the helm, we couldn't get players by impressing them with our training facilities (Pleasington playing fields), our ground (pre-developed Ewood), or our history (languishing for 20+ years in the lower leagues). Instead we paid them more than anyone else. I don't subscribe to this view but we have and still do pay more than most teams. Players are paid what the market is wiling to give them, until the money dries up they will always make extortionate amounts. Ashley Cole is only acting like any other self indulgent thick footballer and saying what he believes is true. I don't blame the bloke for what he says regarding money as I'd love to earn half of what he does.

Fans complaining about him or wages/game prices in general can stop it very easily; stop going to games, subscribing to Sky, or going to the boozer to watch. The choice is yours.

Some argue that BRFC started the wage war. When Jack Walker came to the helm, we couldn't get players by impressing them with our training facilities (Pleasington playing fields), our ground (pre-developed Ewood), or our history (languishing for 20+ years in the lower leagues). Instead we paid them more than anyone else. I don't subscribe to this view but we have and still do pay more than most teams. Players are paid what the market is wiling to give them, until the money dries up they will always make extortionate amounts. Ashley Cole is only acting like any other self indulgent thick footballer and saying what he believes is true. I don't blame the bloke for what he says regarding money as I'd love to earn half of what he does.

Fans complaining about him or wages/game prices in general can stop it very easily; stop going to games, subscribing to Sky, or going to the boozer to watch. The choice is yours.

Absolutely right; as long as you DONT stop watching or playing football!

Start supporting a semi-pro team such as Cowdenbeath or Accy Stanley or whatever. You MAY just find that you enjoy it and get hooked!

Sounds to me like fairly standard footballer stuff. I'm sure there's some reason why every detail has been so heavily publicised - I mean, did Arsenal really need to make such a big stink about the tapping up affair?

Not that I'm a fan of Ashley Cole, or any of his type, but he doesn't appear to have done anything different from any other footballer who demands and gets a transfer. The most notable things about this case are that Ashley has a pretty girlfriend and earns loads of money. Unlike most other players, right?

Cole goes on to complain about the fans not singing his name, and they were more bothered about Thierry Henry. So what? Henry is a class act and one of the best footballers to ever grace English turf, not just the premiership. In the end, Henry is the one to have shown Arsenal all the loyalty despite his Parisian routes and the offer of football with arguably bigger clubs in the shape of Real Madrid.

Very good point.

I too am sick of this inane fool clogging up the airwaves. Chelsea tapped him, they offered him more money, he fancied the look of it ('holy sh!t 5k more') and then he blames Arsenal for taking it badly. What the hell was he doing there in the first place?

In my opinion Arsenal as a club has handled itself very well. They were rightly angry about it, but offered him a new deal which he signed. He then takes the hump that Arsenal were ###### off about his behaviour, stradles his high horse and makes it clear that he wants out of the club that developed him into such a superb player.

Arsenal made it clear that he was welcome too leave but wished him well on his travels to the land of the rouble. In addition, they got a couple of million and the best central defender in the league out of the deal.

Yet still it rumbles on. Cole continues to say that 'it ain't for the money' but 'itz cuz I wann win stuff' (what about all that 'stuff' that he won at Arsenal?). And now we have has ghost-written 'autobiography' hitting the shelves. More accusations will fly and yet more print will be wasted

In the words of my grandmother, 'What a palava'.

Edited by Rovermatt

Pathetic and of course very indicative of modern day football.

Also worth noting is the fact that Arsenal picked up an equally stroppy cow in the Cole exchange. I wonder how long we need to wait for the customary Gallas moaning about being played out of position?

exactly right.

let arsenal and chelsea squabble over the idiot. it doesnt concern us.

• 1 year later...

Ashley Cole caught with his pants down

I find it laughable that this blonde slapper says: "I feel so sorry for Ashley's wife Cheryl."

Yeah right - she's so sorry that she couldn't wait to pull her knickers down for Ashley and then sell the sordid details to a tabloid newspaper.

Effectively this silly cow is like a prostitute. She's had sex for the money. But instead of getting her money through a pimp, she's sold the details of her sexual encounter to The Sun. Her body is cheap to her and she seemingly has no embarrassment about her family reading of her sex life in the press.

(Incidentally although I sometimes read The Sun's online edition on the web, I don't contribute to the Sun's coffers by buying the newspaper in a shop, especially after the lies they printed in 1989 after Hillsborough.)

As for Ashley Cole himself, I think he's a greedy selfish parasite. He insulted the majority of decent football fans throughout the country when he ranted that the £55,000 a week offer he had at Arsenal wasn't good enough for him.

"I nearly crashed my car when I heard from my agent that the offer was only £55,000 a week," Cole apparently said in his autobiography. Just £2.9m a year that Arsenal were willing to pay him. How was the poor barsteward supposed to cope with just that amount?

Ashley and Cheryl apparently sold their wedding to a magazine for over £1m, but clearly Ashley just couldn't cope with the thought of earning only 55 grand a week. Peanuts isn't it? You can't buy enough Bentley cars and diamond-encrusted mobile phones on that.

Personally I think Cole and this dizzy blonde cow are well-suited to each other. How I agree with some of the comments that were previously made on this thread....

He's a tosser and players like him are forcing the true fans away from the game...

what a greedy and ungratious twerp he is. The whole book is just making Cole look a bigger and bigger muppet.

My point is, if you were all working in an enviroment where players were earning upwards of 100k a week and you thought that you were one of the most talented players in the league, then why would you accept an offer of 55k a week. It's still a lot of money, but compared to some of your peers it is "nothing". It's easy to forget now that his career has gone slightly off track and he's been hit by a lot of injuries, but after Euro 2004 I think most would have considered him the best left-back in the world, so he would have expected to be earning close to top-dollar. Now I'm not saying that justifies him coming out and making an ass of himself in the press, he should just shut up about it and be happy with the contract he has, but those of you being critical of him for either being surprised by how low the offer from Arsenal was or for then rejecting it and moving clubs to get more should just consider how you would react if you were in his situation.

I don't think any footballer deserves 55k a week, that isn't at all what I'm saying, but I think some of the criticism on here is undeserved.

My point is, if you were all working in an enviroment where players were earning upwards of 100k a week and you thought that you were one of the most talented players in the league, then why would you accept an offer of 55k a week. It's still a lot of money, but compared to some of your peers it is "nothing". It's easy to forget now that his career has gone slightly off track and he's been hit by a lot of injuries, but after Euro 2004 I think most would have considered him the best left-back in the world, so he would have expected to be earning close to top-dollar. Now I'm not saying that justifies him coming out and making an ass of himself in the press, he should just shut up about it and be happy with the contract he has, but those of you being critical of him for either being surprised by how low the offer from Arsenal was or for then rejecting it and moving clubs to get more should just consider how you would react if you were in his situation.

I don't think any footballer deserves 55k a week, that isn't at all what I'm saying, but I think some of the criticism on here is undeserved.

The problem isn't the money he's on or that he went to Chelsea to get more of it Eddie. The problem is that the prat wrote it for everyone to know in a book in a manner where he expected everyone to feel sorry for him for 'not getting what he's worth'.

Edited by Hasta

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.