BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United 2-1 Our beloved rovers

Radio commentators. Don't you just love em...

Remember guys, I can't see when Jeffers' header goes over the crossbar as opposed to in the net. You can, so please don't misslead me into believing that we've equalised... thank you

So that's the 1st away fixture I've missed at West Ham since the 90s.. but we still didn't win. Sheringham still scored though

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew this would happen, just typical Rovers behaviour but even so this is extremely embarrasing. West Ham have been rubbish this season and yet we make them look like world beaters. Our first half was shocking and although we improved in the second you would still be hard pressed to see where the goals would come from. Fair enough we've had injuries but we should have been able to do better than this rubbish.

I agree. I knew this would happen, our record at Upton Park is not good. What makes it worse it the media bias before the game, it was all about Pardew and West Ham getting back to winning ways, nothing about us at all. But do we deserve it after this performance? We had our moments but West Ham hassled us of the ball all game and we couldn't cope with it.

Just depressing... especially with the way we controlled the second half.

As a sidenote, listening to these announcers you'd be hard-pressed to figure that there are two teams playing. When Rovers dominate for a spell, it's, "Oh, West Ham look a bit tentative here."

Edit: even more depressing when you consider that the corner West Ham got that gave them that goal actually came off Zamora's arm.

I was tired of the commentators too, were they Wham fans. Well at least the loss is no big surprise to us, most of it had the script pretty well written. The players we had missing just made it about a cert. Just hope we are not at the start of a poor run. As for the corner the announcers said it was a goal kick but no mention of hard luck on Rovers, in the first half they were all over a free kick we got that they thought should not have been saying how unjust it would be if we scored. Well we all expected it. Next.

Tchocky's right about the injury crisis.

Still, it's disappointing to know that we still should have come away with a point: Sparky will be absolutely livid when he sees the replay on the play that led to their corner.

Radio Lancs said it should not have been a corner.

i could rant all night about the performance, but lets just extract the positives: 4 in 7 now for bentley; mccarthy certainly is class; jeffers looks very good actually - a goal will really set him off i feel, and hopefully he'll get it against basel; neill was determination personified and ran his heart out.

but 3 losses in a row now, and we've got a tricky tie against basel coming up in which we must get a result, because our next three league games are all tough ones.

january - come'on board, its bleeding obvious that we need a new left back and midfielder. its ridiculous how little money sparky has had to spend; surely its time to give him something to work with?

Let's face it. We can't handle an injury crisis like this. Without the 7 injured/suspended players we are just not good enough. Squad depth == shallow.

To be fair, most teams would struggle with that amount of key players out - even Man U

If anyone is daft enough to believe we can sustain both a Uefa cup challenge and a good Premiership campaign with this painfully paper thin squad then they are living in cloud cuckoo land.We have neither the quality nor strength in depth and today it came home to roost for all to see against the bottom side....like Roverite says its going to be a very difficult November,the injury crisis is very worrying indeed.

Aimless crosses to nobody and hopeless long balls will see more embarrassing defeats like this.

For sure,If one club has the Voodoo sign over us its ferkin West Ham at Upton park. :(

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

4 in 7 now for bentley; mccarthy certainly is class; jeffers looks very good actually

My only complaint against Benny is at times he does not seem towant to work for the ball, a few times today it looked kie he could have got to it if he had hustled. I agree about Jeffers I thought his header was in for a minute.

corner or not ROVERS shoul dhave had the nouse to have buried this wham team out of sight. We were simply unable to produce a quality ball to the forwards or put the ball in the right areas to score.

tugay was anonymous for 30 minutes in the second half

bentley needs to play for the whole half and not half of a half

the axe was simply not a the races today and his bad positional sense cost us in the centre

Sergio played well and will go on to beter things for Rovers given the chance

In defence, we saw that Gray is vulnerable at best, when Rovers have a weak left back we always seem to struggle as it pulls one of andre/zurab out of the middle leaving us vulnerable through the centre.

Lucas played solid as usual but when going forward there were massive gaps down the right.

I am struggling to see just how Rovers are gonna cope with a team like Manure on the horizon followed by spuds. They both have players that can destroy a defence especially a flat defence like Rovers.

One thing is certainly being made clear. Outgoing are Gray,Matteo and Todd and that has to be a substantial amount of saving on the wage bill. That money needs to be invested as quickly as possbile in a midfielder that can play the ball, run and defend. It really is becoming an URGENT situation in that part of the field.

Too right. Didn't even bother to listen to the wireless, I knew they'd lose.

Jim

you need to wake up from your slumber, wireless went out eons ago, we are now in the year 2006 and very close to 2007. wireless is a thing now associated with remote computers. We have moved safely into the digital age.

;)

Sky just showed we had close to 60% of the ball second half. Why is it that we dominate possesion EVERY game and never back this up with good chances that the possesion should provide?

Radio Lancs said the final ball was often poor and this also applied to the crosses.

West Ham have had their lucky afternoon against us- when we see the stats for the game we will see how lucky.

We were in no difficulty whatsoever until the Axe decided to defend a Sheringham run by crouching behind him. As has been said that was no corner for the Mullins goal which copuld well have been an og if you watch the replay from the other side camera.

Peter doesn't convince me- he skinned Spector in the first minute then didn't beat a player for the rest of the game. Brilliant tackle in the box on 44th minute though.

Gray not good, Gally looked OK, Jay was shaky.

Any more injuries now and we are going to be looking a bit rocky with Nelsen and Reid out long term if Sav, Emo, MGP and Roberts don't get better. I thought Bentley looked short of being 100% fit today.

Up front we were too elaborate and ponderous. This lot needed shooting against on sight but we were passing it all over the place- usually to a Whammer eventually. The Benni disallowed goal looked a very marginal decision on the replay by the way.

Above all, we missed Sav. No way would we have lost that game had he been playing.

I think this game shows how badly we need Savage in the team. There's no tempo to our play at all esp. in the 1st half. Gray looks like a lost child on the pitch, cant blame him anyway as a last min replacement for unfortunate Emerton who I feel we would've gotten something out of this game if he plays.

Center Midfield and leftback definitely are the positions to be address during Jan. As we could see Tugay is no more a 26 years old chap to last the whole match at the current pace and the 'Axe' is just an axe.

I also feel McCarthy seems distracted atm. Are those racist thing still cloaking his mind?? :huh:

Good points are the performance of S.Peter, how refreshing to watch when we had only Gamst's freekick to appreciate this season. You could see his eagerness to want to perform well. Faded during the end which is understandable given the oppotunities he had in the first team. I'll say give him more chance in the future. :tu:

We will be able to cope with 3 losses imo. No pressing of panic button yet. As long we keep our heads high and keep working. I think a positive result will come soon. Let it be on thursday. :rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.