BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Ham United 2-1 Our beloved rovers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with phillip, wham were very lucky- however we had too many players off the pace. tugay, axe, bentley and gray were shocking.

i never want to see gray in a rovers shirt again... he looked way overweight and not arsed.

if we'dve got back to 1-1, we'dve got atleast a point, one of those days. :rolleyes:

West Ham end a mammoth losing streak and the oldest player in the history of the Premiership also becomes the oldest ever to score a goal? Must be bloody Rovers. :rolleyes:

I think the lack of depth in squad was exposed somewhat today - without getting carried away over the result, the difference in the midfield without Savage was huge. A player of Tugay's age shouldn't have to play 4 games over such a short period of time.

Peter actually looked quite promising without ever really getting over the final hurdle, and maybe a bit of genuine competition will give Gamst a much needed kick up the arse.

veteran Rovers watchers could have written the script against West Ham. Better second half but our injury list is worrying.

If I was writing the script I would have written it from the period mid-50's to mid-60's when Rovers always seemed to win at Upton Park, and usually by a big score!

Micky Gray was the hammers 12th man today. Why did Hughes even play him considering the donkey, Hughes must take part blame today for playing Gray.

I thought he did very well for us last year and this may have been on sparky's mind too. With Bert out and Jay Mac not having many games under his belt we didnt really have much choice

an absolute joke in the 1st half,better in the second though.

but if you take 5 of our guarateed 1st team out of the equation (nelsen,emerton,reid,sav,nonda) then yes we would always struggle!.

i got kicked out after bentleys (it was him wasn't it?!!!)consolation,for,wait for it...SWEARING!!pah,should have kicked out 30-odd thousand other people then.

one thing that did shoc me though was how mute many of our fans are.i dont get to many rovers games as i am from southampton,but now i am london based aim 2 get to a whole lot more.its a joke that people leave 20...YES 20! minutes before the end of the game,what the hell is that about?!.

i do however think that hughesy can talk a half time talk though,as on a few occasions we have been abysmal in the 1st half,and much,much better second,and that seemed 2 b the case 2day.

was benni offside for what would have been the equaliser?.i thought that mickey gray wasnt too bad,well certainly not that bad in comparison 2 the rest of the team anyway.

an absolute joke in the 1st half,better in the second though.

but if you take 5 of our guarateed 1st team out of the equation (nelsen,emerton,reid,sav,nonda) then yes we would always struggle!.

i got kicked out after bentleys (it was him wasn't it?!!!)consolation,for,wait for it...SWEARING!!pah,should have kicked out 30-odd thousand other people then.

one thing that did shoc me though was how mute many of our fans are.i dont get to many rovers games as i am from southampton,but now i am london based aim 2 get to a whole lot more.its a joke that people leave 20...YES 20! minutes before the end of the game,what the hell is that about?!.

i do however think that hughesy can talk a half time talk though,as on a few occasions we have been abysmal in the 1st half,and much,much better second,and that seemed 2 b the case 2day.

was benni offside for what would have been the equaliser?.i thought that mickey gray wasnt too bad,well certainly not that bad in comparison 2 the rest of the team anyway.

The Radio Lancs team said they were not able to see a replay for themselves but were told that Benni was at least level.

We were always going to lose this game - it was inevitable (I'm surprised Ian Pearce didn't make a Boleyn Ground return to make it 3 - 1!; that said, will always remember his Rovers effort that took us into Europe back in the '90's ) . Back on track against Basel - onwards and upwards :brfc:

Ian Pearce plays for FUlham now so that would have been impressive if he had come back and scored today!

McEverly looked terrible when he came on though... I think I wouldstill have Gray than him. Niell back on the left would be the best option.

Obviously a bad result and we did not threaten their goal enough. Not much point in me repeating what everybody else said.

On the other hand I think we played decent football and now have one of the most technically proficient teams in the league. For their respective positions Zurab, Ooijer, Peter, Bentley, Tugay, Gallagher, Jeffers and McCarthy are all neat passers and good with their feet. We are well set up now to play possession football, and that is what we did.SHame about the final ball...

We are missing: Nelsen, Emerton, Reid, Savage, Nonda. All five of those would have started if available. THe first four are arguably our four best players.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I've had a nice weekend visiting a friend in London.

Yesterday, met total strangers in Yates on Leicester Square who were Rovers fans, closely followed by another group in Garfunkles (hello to all of you if you're reading). Went to Spamalot in the evening. And then went to watch the match today - oh dear.

Not bad, just bland. Just hope that things get better on Thursday.

We're also starting to look like a squad that is paper thin.

We are missing 6-7 of our regular starters and we simply cannot handle it. However, we had enough quality on the pitch today to play better than that.

Never seen Hughes look so low and dejected after a match.

West Ham did not look that good - they seems nervous and we should have tested them much more.

Edited by John

Woeful performance from the Rovers today, a very poor Hammers team (They were hanging on from 2 minutes into the second half) were too dogged and determined for a Rovers side that lacked any sort of punch, the simple fact is they wanted it more. There's no point repeating what other posters have said, every player deserved a 5 today apart from Gray and Mokoena who deserved 4. I'm sick and tired of seeing us concede goals from A) Goal Kicks !!!!!!!!!!!!! School boy teams learn how to deal with them. B) Corners !!!!!! opponents getting free attempts on goal because some lazy b_____d can't or won't mark up properly.

One man does not make a team but today illustrated (to waggy's horror no doubt) Savages value to BRFC.

Just another point..... why can we not play 2 decent halves of football together . Recently (Liverpool excepted) we only start after half time....... So just what the flerks that all about?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.