BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer 3 Rovers 2

elwaxo

Followed Celtic in Europe. Not seen people who pretend to be fans of the same team knocking lumps out of each other.

While the term boffin doesn't offend me, as I'm sure you intended it should, I do think that if you thought that behaviour was acceptable then you probably ARE one of the people we could do without.

Never stated i thought rovers fans scuffling with rovers fans was acceptable.

However, things like that happen and arent enough to warrant life banning orders as you suggested.

My gripe, not just with your views but others on this forum, is the school trip mentality that you hold with regard to rovers away/in europe. ie "remember children, your representing blackburn rovers so be on your best behaviour..... Im going to report you to sir if you mis-behave" "Remember children the war ended 60 years ago" etc

I follow rovers away, particularly in europe, with a 'stag do' mentality, as do a lot of others. Theres going to be drunkedness rowdiness etc.

Thats where the difference in viewpoint lies

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just arrived back home and have read some ridiculous posts since the match ended.

The game should have been a comfortable win for Rovers, it could easily have been a good win for Leverkusen and but for Nonda notching at the death it leaves Rovers in prime position to go through to the next round.

The match itself was not that great, result wise, but for me Rovers should have wrapped up the game in the first half. Instead Brad has no save to make but found the ball in his net 3 times, Rovers went onto spurn several chances but kept us in it with 2 vital away goals.

For me the game was immaterial as the parasytes that seem to have attached themselves to Rovers european travellers really did show themselves in their true colours. Members on here will know them I am sure and I urge you to pm their names. I have the whole incident on video and will be passing it on as I do not want them tarring me and the other fans with their brush. They are NOT Rovers supporters, indeed they are nothing but real scum who brought shame on themselves. I hope fellow Rovers supporters follow suit and name and shame them.

It was great to see and meet. and also to share a beer or 5, with many of the members of BRFCS. I truly hope that all of you enjoyed the Cologne experience as we did. For Rovers supporters who didnt, well all I can say is this, you missed the party of all parties.

I will openly admit to having cursed germans from the days of old, its a football thing. However, after this trip my views have somewhat changed. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and their company. The beer was great and to experience the carnival was simply bloody great. Thousands of them drunk by dinner time and all wearing fancy dress. I dont think that many Rovers fans will have been ignored by our hosts as we were welcomed by one and all and even got a vip pass for one bar were we remained all day on Thursday.

For the majority of fans I am sure the trip was worthwhile despite the result and weather.

any how folks, time to catch up on sleep YAVOL !!!

If you call that scuffling I am so glad I don't know you. I had a really good (bad turn of phrase) view from where I was and I really thought someone could have easily been beaten to death such was the ferocity of the attack. One idiot in particular responded to the "di$%£ds" chants by turning round and giving the "come and have a go..." signal to the rest of the Rovers fans. I think it was fortunate that there were so many barriers in that section otherwise things could have been a whole lot worse.

I follow rovers away, particularly in europe, with a 'stag do' mentality, as do a lot of others. Theres going to be drunkedness rowdiness etc.

And therein lies the problem!!

and that's the way it should be.

As you grow older it changes i guess, but for me away days and european football are about that whole ideal of having fun with loads of beer and fellow rovers fans.

However, things like that happen and arent enough to warrant life banning orders as you suggested.

My gripe, not just with your views but others on this forum, is the school trip mentality that you hold with regard to rovers away/in europe. ie "remember children, your representing blackburn rovers so be on your best behaviour..... Im going to report you to sir if you mis-behave" "Remember children the war ended 60 years ago" etc

And racism and fighting consist of part of that?

I have no problem with happy drunks. I've travelled with Scotland fans who drink far more than you yet manage to remain happy- even in far more difficult circumstances. An unpleasant minority of the people there on Wednesday decided to get lary and to generally let the team down. Those are the people I think should be banned. The majority I have no problem with.

Like it or not you ARE representing your team and your county when abroad, and I personally preferred our prior reputation rather than the one which was projected by some on Wednesday. And I seem to be in the majority here.

Well I guess Mr Roversmum and I were lucky. Our tickets were for that very area but because of the access problems John Newsham made sure we went instead to the disabled area. Great view, fairly high up (Rovers take note, pitchside in the rain is not the best area for wheelchair bound fans) easy access.

Still don't understand why people want or need to get so drunk that they have little idea of what they are doing or what is going on with the match.

And yes, we did have some German Beer (good stuff), but know when to stop!

There is a line that was crossed on Wednesday by some.

But the general concept of people seeing this as a 'stag-do' type event is surely understandable. You are talking about groups of young people going on an adventure together wanting to share in an experience and seeing going and having a good few beers as part of that experience. Theres nothing wrong with a bit of general drunkenness and rowdiness as long as it stays within legal and reasonable levels. Those people enjoying the game in this way could be more considerate of those who aren't wanting to behave like that of course, but let them have their fun.

For interest, I'm not one who likes to get wrecked before a game, because I find i dont enjoy the match itself as much - but it doesn't upset me that others do.

We are all there for the same reason in the end - to support the boys.

and that's the way it should be.

As you grow older it changes i guess, but for me away days and european football are about that whole ideal of having fun with loads of beer and fellow rovers fans.

No problem with that. I too like to have lots of beer - but I never threaten or abuse anyone ... or fight ... or become generally aggressive. And it's always been the same - it's nothing to do with age.

The problem with the so called "stag do" mentality is that it seems to include most of the above - at least if you're English.

Fun - YES please.

What we see more and more now - NO thanks.

No problem with that. I too like to have lots of beer - but I never threaten or abuse anyone ... or fight ... or become generally aggressive. And it's always been the same - it's nothing to do with age.

The problem with the so called "stag do" mentality is that it seems to include most of the above - at least if you're English.

I don't think the "stag do" people go looking for trouble, if they do then they are not true football fans and are risking our explusion from europe.

Having fun is the key and by taking things to excess. Whilst in amsterdam i don't remember seeing a single fight and everything went smoothly from my perspective. I would never go looking for a fight or encourage someone else to.

I don't quite understand why rovers fans are infighting in the stands, bloody pathetic. Support the team with passion, belief and pride. :rover:

Someone said that it was a Mill Hill v Chorley Blues issue that has been brewing for some time though goodness only knows why.

All I can say is that we came across one lot of the dollopers in a bar during the afternoon. They were drunk, boorish and being downright bloody ignorant then so one beer and we were off. Obvious that something unsavoury would happen later in the day day.

There are no excuses or exceptions here. This issue had nothing to do with drink or age issues etc but much more to do with simple numpties of low-life mentality. No doubt they will be back home in their slums right now acting clever (superb irony there) and bragging about it to their equally odious mates.

Lots were taking pictures, so lets make sure that they are sent to the authorities.

You have just confirmed in your own words what we could all tell anyway from your posts. That is that you and your like minded chums are nothing more or less than very stupid and immature little boys..............whatever the date on your birth certificate says.

Whatever has happened it has happened. If it's been caught on video and will be sent then the culprits will be dealt with at some time, no point arguing about it on here now.

Only the people concerned in the incident know themselves why they did it, otherwise from Channel 5's coverage it seemed like Rovers fans were in good voice for the game.

As many others have pointed out, there's nothing wrong with going away, having fun, sinking a whole load of the local beer (especially good in Cologne) and generally enjoying the trip.

But you do represent Blackburn and England whilst you're there - like it or not. Nothing makes me more angry than being linked (by association) to people who are too stupid to grasp the basic concept of respect. Politeness costs nothing and doesn't detract from the experience of following Rovers in Europe.

We sunk 92 beers in Fruh Brauhaus before the game according to the receipt in my wallet, and that was comfortably doubled afterwards. Not one of the people around that table could be described as rowdy or even drunk - because 1) they can handle it and 2) they understand how to behave.

The night before the game, one particular group of idiots managed to get every bar they set foot in shut down. That's just bloody annoying because normal well behaved people lose out and struggle to get a drink.

You can talk about stag do mentality and school trip mentality until you're blue in the face. It's nothing to do with either - it's simply about acceptable standards of behaviour and respect for your surroundings.

If some of you idiots went down to your locals and behaved the way you do when following Rovers away, you'd be beaten senseless by the other regulars and banned for life. We can only hope that similar justice gets handed out here - so that the rest of us can enjoy future away trips without constantly trying to escape the idiot element.

Thought we were poor overall and were lucky in the end to come away with a half-decent result. Our second goal came totally out of the blue - I'm pretty sure we were out of the cup if Nonda hadn't scored then. Only Bentley really played well.

I'd still make Leverkusen favourites to go through. They were hard-working and well organised, and I can see us really struggling to break them down at Ewood. The good news though is that they didn't seem to have any great pace or flair in their team, so being hit on the counter-attack might not be a big a concern as it could have been. It'll take a really good performance next week to keep our cup run going.

No point mentioning the crowd, Tris has said it all.

As many others have pointed out, there's nothing wrong with going away, having fun, sinking a whole load of the local beer (especially good in Cologne) and generally enjoying the trip.

But you do represent Blackburn and England whilst you're there - like it or not. Nothing makes me more angry than being linked (by association) to people who are too stupid to grasp the basic concept of respect. Politeness costs nothing and doesn't detract from the experience of following Rovers in Europe.

We sunk 92 beers in Fruh Brauhaus before the game according to the receipt in my wallet, and that was comfortably doubled afterwards. Not one of the people around that table could be described as rowdy or even drunk - because 1) they can handle it and 2) they understand how to behave.

The night before the game, one particular group of idiots managed to get every bar they set foot in shut down. That's just bloody annoying because normal well behaved people lose out and struggle to get a drink.

You can talk about stag do mentality and school trip mentality until you're blue in the face. It's nothing to do with either - it's simply about acceptable standards of behaviour and respect for your surroundings.

If some of you idiots went down to your locals and behaved the way you do when following Rovers away, you'd be beaten senseless by the other regulars and banned for life. We can only hope that similar justice gets handed out here - so that the rest of us can enjoy future away trips without constantly trying to escape the idiot element.

Exactly right Tris.

Someone said that it was a Mill Hill v Chorley Blues issue that has been brewing for some time though goodness only knows why.

That was pretty much confirmed by a rather proud individual on the train back who was one of the main protoagonsists (I was on the row in front of where it kicked off). I found the "well, you're away from home, you've gotta have a laugh haven't you" particularly distastful as an hour earlier this guy wasn't part of a one on one scrap that had spilled in from a previous argument, but he was chucking puches at anyone within distance.

I was also amazed at the number of people who steamed into the peripherie and just seemingly threw random punches.

I does have to be said though that the vast number of people involved in the mele were attempting to break up up (without very much success).

As so many have said, these are not Rovers fans, given the number of games home, away and europe I get to, you think I'd have recognised at least one.

Lots were taking pictures, so lets make sure that they are sent to the authorities.

Yep, so many the all I managed to get where 10 camera flashes and no faces

Just got back and I would like to say

Aaron Mokoena's got seven legs and de de de de de de de de BEEEERRRRMMMAAANNN, BEERMAN BEERMAN!!!!

Tris we beat your 92 beers and got 175!!!

Pah. We did 103 with a LOT less people than you (and your BEERMAN was a lot more efficient than ours).

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the carnival yet ! 1.5 million people on the same stag/hen do and a few dozen rovers' fans feeling out of it becuase they were the only ones not in fancy dress and totally wasted by 10am !

Pictures coming soon.

Archived