BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Run-in

With only nine league games left, every point is crucial in the chase for a top six finish.

These are our remaining games and my own personal predictions

West Ham (home)

3 points. They are going down and we can help them.

Man Utd (away)

0 points. They are on title-winning form and not going to let us stand in the way of that.

Villa (home)

1 point. Only because I can’t call this either way so I’ve gone for a draw.

Spurs (away)

0 points. We don’t have a great record against t’Spuds. Can’t see us getting anything from this.

Watford (home)

3 pointss. And revenge for the coldest night I can remember.

Fulham (away)

3 points. A little optimistic here as they beat us in this fixture last season.

Charlton (home)

3 points. Don’t expect an upset here.

Newcastle (away)

1 point. As with Villa, can’t call this. We have beaten them before but don’t expect the same this time.

Reading (home)

3 points. We beat them away, we can do it at Ewood.

Total: 57

What are your predictions?

I agree with those predicitions largely, and you would have to say that 57pts is not going to get us sixth unfortunately. Last season we finished on 63. Ho-hum.

Top eight would still be a marvellous performance if you consider the injuries we have had.

We should only need to finish 7th to get into Uefa though, and i think 57 points should do that. A couple of weeks ago i felt that midtable was looming...now im confident we can get into Europe again.

One good thing is that we've got to play a lot of the teams around us so so if we continue our winning ways of late then we're in with every chance.

I think we'll win 5, draw 1 and lose 3. In which games they will come I'm not so sure.

The key games are Spurs and Newcastle away - take points points from them and we have a real chance.

Whilst points on the board are vital we have momentum and that, at this stage, is invaluable.

I dont see Rovers losing at home in their five games, if anything I predict a full 15 point return.

As for the away games, I cant see us doing the manc scum or even coming close to a draw, manure have far too much luck going their way and there are no signs that lady luck is going to desert them. I can predict a 90th minute penalty given for when giggs handballs his own cross and the ref gives THEM a penalty just simply to get on Jose's t*ts.

Newcastle and Spurs are difficult games but games where we can get a point. Fulham is the place where we should try and nick the points.

I would be chuffed with 57 in the bag but to achieve 60 would be the icing on the cake along with a Cup Final slot. :rolleyes:

I feel sure the easier of the two routes to Europe next year are for Rovers to reach the FA Cup Final. Two games and we are there; that has to be much easier than trying for a minimum of 60+ points from where we are now. If we can knock the Arse out we have a fighting chance with any opponent we might get in the semi-final, and we should be capable of seeing Citeh off. No, I am not being complacent or disrespectful to Citeh or anyone. I am merely stating that we are CAPABLE of achieving these two victories, but only if we set about it the right way.

8th would get us in the Intertoto if Utd and Chelsea get to the Cup Final. That means a 2 legged tie against someone and if we win it its straight into the UEFA Cup. I fancy us to finish strongly and end up in about 8th place so this is a decent option.

Should the FA Cup final be between Chelsea and Manure then surely that opens up another place in the league for EUFA does it?

If anything, I think it would be appropriate for a team like Blackburn to adorn the FA Cup final at Wembley simply because we are the ONLY team to win it 3 on the bounce. How fitting that would be ?

Dreaming of course........ :tu:

Without predicting results, but from looking at current form, current points totals and remaining fixtures, I think the final table will look something like this...

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Bolton Wanderers

6. Tottenham Hotspur

7. Everton

8. Blackburn Rovers

9. Reading

10. Portsmouth

11. Newcastle United

12. Middlesbrough

13. Fulham

14. Aston Villa

15. Wigan Athletic

16. Sheffield United

17. Manchester City

18. Charlton Athletic

19. Watford

20. West Ham United

Ourselves and Spurs appear to have the easiest run in. If we take full advantage of it, then I think we could probably get as high as 7th. The lowest I can see us finishing is 10th. Not a bad season condsidering our injuries and the fact that we lost Bellamy.

With only nine league games left, every point is crucial in the chase for a top six finish.

These are our remaining games and my own personal predictions

West Ham (home)

3 points. They are going down and we can help them.

Man Utd (away)

0 points. They are on title-winning form and not going to let us stand in the way of that.

Watford (home)

3 pointss. And revenge for the coldest night I can remember.

Charlton (home)

3 points. Don’t expect an upset here.

It's Rovers, we're destined to lose to Wham, Charlton and Watford. We've already done it once this season.

As for Utd, they're not on title winning form, they're on an incredibly flukey run - which is why we'll get something from the game.

WHU - 3pts

Man U - 0pts

Villa - 3pts (I'm away and will miss it therefore we are virtually guarenteed to play the best football of the season and win easily)

Spurs - 1pt

Watford - 3pts

Fulham - 1pt

Charlton - 3 pts

Newcastle - 3pts

Reading - 3pts

This is getting very worrying - we're defending so well at the moment that I think we've a real chance of winning every game we play. (Probably a bad sign.)

If there is a criticism of our play at the moment I would say our final ball isn't as good as it should be and we're not creating as many chances as we should be doing given the amount of possession we've been having.

Anyhow:

West Ham (H) - draw

Man U (A) - draw

Villa (H) - win

Spurs (A) - loss

Watford (H) - win

Fulham (A) - draw

Charlton (H) - win

Newcastle (A) - draw

Reading (H) - win

Total 56 points.

I did the BBC predictor thing - and had us finishing 5th!! We've definitely got the best run in of the teams in the mix. I also had Fulham being sucked into the relegation scrap - but just staying up sending Charlton, West Ham and Watford down. United won it by 3 points from Chelsea, with Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th, Rovers 5th, Bolton 6th, Spurs 7th. We won't need 60+ points minimum for UEFA cup football as some have suggested.

West Ham (H) - win

Man U (A) - lose

Villa (H) - win

Spurs (A) - lose

Watford (H) - win

Fulham (A) - win

Charlton (H) - win

Newcastle (A) - lose

Reading (H) - win

Might be good for 6th if Portsmouth and Bolton continue their awful form. Add Spurs away to that, too (conveniently ignoring Sunday).

The alternative is winning the FA Cup! :D

Simon :brfc:

Just getting to the final would probably be enough for a UEFA cup spot Simon.

We could be two games away, one against Man City (which we have a good chance of winning but will probably now end up losing) and then a semi against Watford or Plymouth (I have a feeling that Chelski Man U will meet in the other semi)

I did the BBC predictor thing - and had us finishing 5th!! We've definitely got the best run in of the teams in the mix. I also had Fulham being sucked into the relegation scrap - but just staying up sending Charlton, West Ham and Watford down. United won it by 3 points from Chelsea, with Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th, Rovers 5th, Bolton 6th, Spurs 7th. We won't need 60+ points minimum for UEFA cup football as some have suggested.

So did I (before the notlob game -had us to win) and had us pipping Notlob for 6th

UTd won league by 6pts from Chelski

Villa relegated 1pt behind Citeh but that was before their games at the weekend

West Ham (home)

3 points.

Man Utd (away)

1 point.

Villa (home)

3 points.

Spurs (away)

0 points.

Watford (home)

3 points.

Fulham (away)

0 pts.

Charlton (home)

3 points.

Newcastle (away)

0 points.

Reading (home)

3 points.

Total: 13points = 53.

Just getting to the final would probably be enough for a UEFA cup spot Simon.

D'oh! Still, as we're going all the way to Wnmbley, might as well bring a cup back...

We could be two games away, one against Man City (which we have a good chance of winning but will probably now end up losing) and then a semi against Watford or Plymouth (I have a feeling that Chelski Man U will meet in the other semi)

Call me paranoid but I see Chelsea getting Watford or Plymouth.

Simon :brfc:

Archived