BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Villa 2

I had some sympathy for Samber being out of position for the 2nd goal-not anticipating the poor pass by DD-but when I saw it again on MOTD, I was alarmed by Nelsen's lack of pace in the lead up to the goal and this has been a problem since his return. I don't think there has been a lot of comment on this, but it is of some concern for the future as he is such an important player for us.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're supremely confident we'll beat Watford at home then ?

I know whining on and on about it won't make the slightest bit of difference....... except to my patience! Short memories on here...2 wins and everybody will crawl back in their holes. I know it's always us that gets turned over by the desperate men but I could understand the whingeing more if we were supporters of West Ham or Villa...... They really have under achieved.

I know whining on and on about it won't make the slightest bit of difference....... except to my patience! Short memories on here...2 wins and everybody will crawl back in their holes. I know it's always us that gets turned over by the desperate men but I could understand the whingeing more if we were supporters of West Ham or Villa...... They really have under achieved.

Despite the relative disparity in ability levels nobody is confident we'll beat Watford at home- that's under achieving in my opinion.

Betfair.

Relegation - Blackburn Rovers

£2 available @ 320/1

£8 available @ 100/1

Doom and gloom merchants fill your boots.

Surely you mean 'Doom and gloom merchants empty your pockets' Hasta.

Funny but I'd think the likes of Jim etc would be mortally disappointed to see Rovers stay up if he had any money whatsoever on em to go down.

Erm, I might be wrong, but does 'supporting' a team not mean supporting - i.e. giving them backing - even when things are not quite going well?

Just for those doom merchants, I think we have had a fantastic season so far. A brilliant effort in Europe - how good a feeling to be watching my beloved Blackburn Rovers in Rotterdam and Leverkusen.

Semi final of the FA Cup - which we have a great chance of winning - not bad for ' a small town club '. Some BIG town clubs would love to be in our position.

Here's an idea - if following Blackburn Rovers gives some of you so much depression, why not bugger off and support someone else. :angry:

I love Blackburn Rovers - thick n thin, highs n lows, good n bad - at the end of the day I love Blackburn Rovers

Quite right, PP. However, when you love someone you want them to do well and fulfil their potential. I think that's why some of us are getting a bit upset, we just want our beloved club to fulfil its potential and do well. We can see that potential is being wasted. Other point is, some of those who are not (as Nelsen so aptly puts it) putting in a full shift are more than likely to jump ship in the summer now that they have tasted Europe - when the fault of us not qualifying for Europe (assuming we don't) lies in their own hands (or feet as the case may be).

Oh what the heck, I'm going out for some retail therapy :ph34r:

Quite right, PP. However, when you love someone you want them to do well and fulfil their potential. I think that's why some of us are getting a bit upset, we just want our beloved club to fulfil its potential and do well. We can see that potential is being wasted. Other point is, some of those who are not (as Nelsen so aptly puts it) putting in a full shift are more than likely to jump ship in the summer now that they have tasted Europe - when the fault of us not qualifying for Europe (assuming we don't) lies in their own hands (or feet as the case may be).

Oh what the heck, I'm going out for some retail therapy :ph34r:

Retail therapy Roversmum? - any chance of you getting me some of that brilliant new merchandise down at our fantastic new club shop........? <_<

Erm, I might be wrong, but does 'supporting' a team not mean supporting - i.e. giving them backing - even when things are not quite going well?

Just for those doom merchants, I think we have had a fantastic season so far. A brilliant effort in Europe - how good a feeling to be watching my beloved Blackburn Rovers in Rotterdam and Leverkusen.

Semi final of the FA Cup - which we have a great chance of winning - not bad for ' a small town club '. Some BIG town clubs would love to be in our position.

Here's an idea - if following Blackburn Rovers gives some of you so much depression, why not bugger off and support someone else. :angry:

I love Blackburn Rovers - thick n thin, highs n lows, good n bad - at the end of the day I love Blackburn Rovers

Couldn't agree more Pedro. Well said.

Maybe some folk actually want us to do badly so their slagging off can be vindicated?

TBH the game versus Villa was pathetic at best.

Rovers players minds are on the big one, Sunday.

Having watched the chelsea performance v spurs, it is clear they have NO pressure on them whatsoever.

I would imagine they will now go and trounce Valencia on Tuesday with Joe Cole playng a full 90 minutes and the boy essien also making it though unscathed, thereofre allowing them to have a full super strength squad available for the semi clash <_<

I dont hold out much hope for Sunday, even in my wildest dreams <_<

Was dissapointed with Saturday not just the result but the performance as well.

We were weak and useless. Most players didn't look like they wanted to play, not good enough and I'm sure Hughes has told them that. Villa aren't great and we should be beating them really, Mokoena and Tugay aren't the best playing together in the middle, Villa seemed to cut through them going forward several times.

The only time we seemed to put any real pressure on Villa was towards the end and that was too late. Yes, we might have got a pen at the end but all in all we didn't deserve anything.

TBH the game versus Villa was pathetic at best.

Rovers players minds are on the big one, Sunday.

Having watched the chelsea performance v spurs, it is clear they have NO pressure on them whatsoever.

I would imagine they will now go and trounce Valencia on Tuesday with Joe Cole playng a full 90 minutes and the boy essien also making it though unscathed, thereofre allowing them to have a full super strength squad available for the semi clash <_<

I dont hold out much hope for Sunday, even in my wildest dreams <_<

Funny thing this. The Sat Prem results at Portsmouth and Spurs were very good for our hopes as they keep that Prem race wide open, also if Chelsea beat Valencia that too will work for us as the FA cup will become less of a priority. Compare the difference in the situation if Chelsea had lost to Spurs, Utd had beaten Pompey and Valencia knock Chelsea out of Europe on Tuesday.

Couldn't agree more Pedro. Well said.

Maybe some folk actually want us to do badly so their slagging off can be vindicated?

I think you are right Udders - I am sure it hurts people more to be wrong in their predictions than it is for them to see Rovers lose (or even win!)

I suppose we have just got more than our fair share of whingers - I just wonder what percentage of these doom mongers will actually be at Old Traff on Sunday?

Perhaps some excuses:

Too dear

Too cheap

Too far

Not far enough

No trains

No buses

No free transport laid on by the club

Hate Old Trafford

Hate the red away kit

Too many people enjoying themselves

Too noisy

Waste of money

No point when we will get beat

Wont go again till they sack MH

Ok, Ok wrong thread I know, but come on Rovers fans - show your love :blink:

buy one get one free at ann summers mum :P

On my way there now :ph34r: .

Retail therapy Roversmum? - any chance of you getting me some of that brilliant new merchandise down at our fantastic new club shop........? <_<

Have heard it's a load of rubbish - so what else is new? Going to have to get my needles out and knit you something!

Ok, Ok wrong thread I know, but come on Rovers fans - show your love :blink:

22,250 tickets sold (at least) so far is a good start!

Save your money chaps and give Old Trafford a miss next week.

Chelsea will win at a canter and our lot will stroll through the rest of the season as a prelude to a relegation battle next year.

Hughes has lost the plot. Get Coleman.

4-1 V EVERTON 0-2 HT V MAN CITY....

cant wait for hughes to be sacked jimbo,colmans working miracles!!

I think you are right Udders - I am sure it hurts people more to be wrong in their predictions than it is for them to see Rovers lose (or even win!)

I suppose we have just got more than our fair share of whingers - I just wonder what percentage of these doom mongers will actually be at Old Traff on Sunday?

Dont waste your time with all this 'love' bullsh1t Pedro.Many of us have followed Rovers since the club and football in general was on the verge of collapse,nobody is immune to criticism....not even Hughes.We pay our hard earned cash and are entitled to voice our comments and yes, it really does grate to see so many of our players going through the motions like its a case of 'job done now'!

I cant swallow all this one eye of the semi-final bull, these are professional players and yesterday they should have been playing their hearts out for places next week....I'm afraid its called the comfort zone.The anger and frustration shown after this result was born out of the fact that this team is capable of much better and they are letting the fans down as well as the club.

Wonder what the board think at a time when they are doing their best to sell season tickets?

P.S.

10 man Wigan have drawn at Villa park today. <_<

Dont waste your time with all this 'love' bullsh1t.Many of us have followed Rovers since the club and football in general was on the verge of collapse,nobody is immune to criticism....not even Hughes.We pay our hard earned cash and are entitled to voice our comments and yes, it really does grate to see so many of our players going through the motions like its a case of 'job done now'!

The anger and frustration shown after this result was born out of the fact that this team is capable of much better and they are letting the fans down as well as the club.

By the way,10 man Wigan have drawn at Villa park today. <_<

Quite right. Although I would add that it is not as though we have been playing brilliantly all season and then let up recently; the clues have been there for quite a while now. Unless our league form bucks up, I reckon we'll finish 14th or 15th, and some 15-20 points behind the 4th champs league spot we were in the hunt for 12 short months ago. If that's not a regression, I don't know what is.

Winning t'cup would certainly make this a season to remember, but I still think the squad has gone backwards. Who'd have thought 2 years ago, we still have th'Axe and Tugay in central mid, even allowing for Savage's injury.

Dont waste your time with all this 'love' bullsh1t Pedro.Many of us have followed Rovers since the club and football in general was on the verge of collapse,nobody is immune to criticism....not even Hughes.We pay our hard earned cash and are entitled to voice our comments and yes, it really does grate to see so many of our players going through the motions like its a case of 'job done now'!

I cant swallow all this one eye of the semi-final bull, these are professioanl players and yesterday they should have been playing their hearts out for places next week....I'm afraid its called the comfort zone.The anger and frustration shown after this result was born out of the fact that this team is capable of much better and they are letting the fans down as well as the club.

By the way,10 man Wigan have drawn at Villa park today. <_<

bullsh1t?............. I tell you one think garner, the love I have for BRFC is not blind and I too feel frustrated at some players performances. I just feel that too many people are so quick to criticise and mostly just because they seem to enjoy it.

Ok, some players are not pulling their weight. Perhaps we are struggling a bit at the moment, but where would you rather be - in the semi final of the FA Cup and 11th in the premiership or back in the dark days of division 2 footy - Bury, Mansfield, Cambridge all spring to mind.... and I remember players then who had a 'job done' attitude to playing for my beloved team.

I just hope that each and every Rovers fan gets behind their club on Sunday - we can beat chelsea - I can feel it

On my way there now :ph34r: .

Have heard it's a load of rubbish - so what else is new? Going to have to get my needles out and knit you something!

22,250 tickets sold (at least) so far is a good start!

Make sure it's nice and itchy.

Archived