BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Villa 2

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great stuff! Have printed it out and stuck on my wall! Bet you had fun doing that! Hope you've sent a copy to the lads, they'll love it!

Looking forward to this match. Time to get back to winning ways. Think we missed Bents on Saturday so looking forward to seeing him back.

Very original preview!

We've struggled against Villa in recent years. Even last season's win at Ewood was more down to Sorenson cockups than Rovers' skill or tactics (best team lost IMO).

Still they're poor away from home, so it's a Rovers win, right?

Just looking at Villa's side for tonight's game against Everton.

It looks a strong team with pace.

I know they have been struggling but I can see this being a very tough game, plus I am not convinced with our team at the moment. There appears to be a lack of fluency in our play and this stems from too many people not playing well.

Bentley played excellent for England Under 21s the other week but his previous 3-5 performances have been very inconsistent. Pedersen has been the same and Tugay has been ineffective for the whole of 2007.

Along with these players, our front play has been poor with McCarthy looking dis-interested for whatever reason.

Just looking at Villa's side for tonight's game against Everton.

It looks a strong team with pace.

I know they have been struggling but I can see this being a very tough game, plus I am not convinced with our team at the moment. There appears to be a lack of fluency in our play and this stems from too many people not playing well.

Bentley played excellent for England Under 21s the other week but his previous 3-5 performances have been very inconsistent. Pedersen has been the same and Tugay has been ineffective for the whole of 2007.

Along with these players, our front play has been poor with McCarthy looking dis-interested for whatever reason.

You're dead right there matey, you could have also mentioned that Dunny is still trying to find some form. I'm more than concerned , this is a really important few weeks for us and the teams playing in fits and starts, we really need a convincing win against Villa.

Villa heading for a home defeat against Everton is rounding off a lousy set of results for the Rovers this week-end.

Always felt this one would be a draw- Villa will be absolutely desperate to get a result at Ewood.

Villa heading for a home defeat against Everton is rounding off a lousy set of results for the Rovers this week-end.

Always felt this one would be a draw- Villa will be absolutely desperate to get a result at Ewood.

You should have stayed until the final whistle ;)

Villa came out in the second half determined to give Everton a game - and did. Final score 1-1.

I hope our lads were watching this match and won't expect Villa to be a walkover <_< .

Howard Webb proved yet again though what a poor job he does. He was stood right in front of the foul where Everton should have had a Pen. He was also flashing his yellow cards about.

The game was very entertaining though, real end to end stuff.

I think we will have to watch Bouma's runs forward and also Berger looked good when he came on (always rated him)

I would have been worrrid about Carew as he seems to win lots of the hoofed balls but Samba will eat him :rover:

2-0 Rovers

I would have been worrrid about Carew as he seems to win lots of the hoofed balls but Samba will eat him :rover:

Unfortunately, Carew has made a mockery of far better defenders in the past. On his day he can be really dangerous. On the other hand, this will be one of the few times Samba has an opponent of the same strength and size. Julio "The Beast" Baptista bounced right off him when we played the Arsenal, so this should be interesting :D

Archived