BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mufc V Brfc Carling Cup Match Thread

Roost

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our midfield is simply too weak, even with five men there we're carved up easily both by runs and some slick passing by the Scum. Our defense is flat-footed but it's not easy defending when the five men in front of you are doing bugger all to help your cause. Some players have showed commitment (Warnock, Emo...) while others have proven yet again that they can't cut it at this level (Mokoena, Treacy...).

Let's start defending set pieces with ten men and leave Mokoena upfront, that guy has never been able to time a header.

C'mon you Rovers! Sunderland showed us how to do a turnaround, let's start muscling our way back into this game!

Says it all. Blame Samba again! Who got well and truly done for the 2nd, Ooijer twice & Nelsen

Not how I meant it. I prefer a new 'type Samba'. Nothing to blame on Big Chris.

My advice to Ince. Put Benni and Gamsten on. United will agree if we propose to play 11 vs. 13.

Our midfield is simply too weak, even with five men there we're carved up easily both by runs and some slick passing by the Scum. Our defense is flat-footed but it's not easy defending when the five men in front of you are doing bugger all to help your cause. Some players have showed commitment (Warnock, Emo...) while others have proven yet again that they can't cut it at this level (Mokoena, Treacy...).

Let's start defending set pieces with ten men and leave Mokoena upfront, that guy has never been able to time a header.

C'mon you Rovers! Sunderland showed us how to do a turnaround, let's start muscling our way back into this game!

No, Sunderland didn't turn it around, we basically just crumbled. If we'd have played remotely like footballers that wouldn't have happened. It was us being bad, not them being good!

:lol: Has no-one gone to revisit Dirk?

I was in there a while ago. I did ask around for the chat room in here, but no-one replied, so I guess there is no chat room. It just goes to show the lack of interest in this game. No-one seriously expects anything out of the Ince regime.

I went along too but there was no one there.

If anyone is interested in forming a chat for the second half its here -

http://users.telenet.be/d.rijmenants/en/chatroom.htm

Interesting listening to Dick Dinnis on the Radio Lancashire build up to this game tonight.VERY damning of Ince in nearly everything he has done in his short tenure at Ewood,from having no coaching badges to his lack of tactical know how.

Listening to the game and we have hardly worried their goal,one up front?......why? what the hell have we to lose.

I think this awful situation with Ince at the helm may be about to come to its logical conclusion.

P.S.

Ince has finally realised we need to play 4-4-2 this second half :rolleyes:

Man United away :(

Red Rats away ! Worst possible draw in my opinion.

Arsenal away has to be the worst IMO - if United are forced into playing fringe players or youngsters - I would give us a slightly better chance than against Arsenal youngsters.

Either way - c**p draw.

What a poor draw.

Well that's the end of our league cup run. This stupid sodding season had me starting to believe we were going to get somewhere too.

Have we ever beaten utd in this competition?

Fergie said during the week he would stick with the same side, so we shall see if he sticks to it.

Still a very good side - here is the squad against QPR -

Man Utd: Kuszczak, Rafael Da Silva, Neville (Vidic 89), Evans, O'Shea, Gibson, Possebon (Welbeck 72), Anderson, Nani, Tevez, Park.

Subs Not Used: Foster, Carrick, Manucho, Cleverley, Gray

That team would hammer Ince's lightweights.

Just a few quotes from the day of the draw. Why is everyone p!ssed off? The majority opinion was that we had/have no chance. 45 minutes to go, will anything change?

McCarthy for Emerton?

I wonder how that will work...I can only think Mokoena or Warnock to right back and go 4-4-2.

It is Mokoena at right back so far in a 4-4-2.

And we nearly conceded.

Edit: Billy...what address did you email? Did you get a reply?

Archived