BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke City Preview 18th April

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

strange no one puts moko in their likely line ups when its the most certain selection and the one everyone will be shocked and suprised at come saturday.

ooijer..........samba..............nelsen...............givet

diouf.....warnock....moko..........dunn.........pedersen

.............................mccarthy

not too pacy at the back stoke so levelling the playing field for fat mac to get a bit more joy than he'd ever have gotten against liverpools defenders. We are the away team so there is no way i can see sam setting up too attacking.

if there are no injuries and suspensions i've forgotten i'd be willing to bet that that is the exact team that will trot out on saturday

However, Dunn could be replaced by Villanueva, Andrews could play RB with Samba up front, and Doran could probably feature if Pedersen is not fit.

Play Andrews at RB and we are doomed - Etherington will run rings around him

Play Andrews at RB and we are doomed - Etherington will run rings around him

If ever there was a statement that showed how poor a player is in a given position, then this is it.

Got a feeling Samba and Benni might start together upfront for this one.

Although it's possible that Sam might want Samba at the back permanently to deal with the way Stoke play, I wouldn't feel comfortable with Ooijer/Givet in the centre due to their size.

Good grief, this game aint going to be pretty if both teams play the long ball. I reckon the team who changes tactics will win this game. We are more capable of playing a passing game than Stoke. Im going to go for a 2-0 win for us.

Got a feeling Samba and Benni might start together upfront for this one.

Although it's possible that Sam might want Samba at the back permanently to deal with the way Stoke play, I wouldn't feel comfortable with Ooijer/Givet in the centre due to their size.

Samba must play at the back, I just don't see Ooijer and Nelsen coping together.

But that leaves us only Benni and Villa up top (I'd play Villa of Benni) Sam's gonna need a new plan with those two.

Hang on they could play on stilts!!!

strange no one puts moko in their likely line ups when its the most certain selection and the one everyone will be shocked and suprised at come saturday.

ooijer..........samba..............nelsen...............givet

diouf.....warnock....moko..........dunn.........pedersen

.............................mccarthy

not too pacy at the back stoke so levelling the playing field for fat mac to get a bit more joy than he'd ever have gotten against liverpools defenders. We are the away team so there is no way i can see sam setting up too attacking.

if there are no injuries and suspensions i've forgotten i'd be willing to bet that that is the exact team that will trot out on saturday

Agree 100% that this will be the team barring any failed fitness tests.

Treacy won't last five minutes at Stoke, furthermore if he ever gets another five minutes playing time in a Rovers shirt the manager should be sacked.

I'd rather he put a reserve striker on the bench Blackman or Marshall, I know they are not really ready but at least we would have a few options upfront when burger boy gets tired, or even to do some running for him and it will make a change from shouting at that useless, gutless bag of pooh, (Treacy) watch him now go and score the winner now. :blush:

:rover: i reckon the only way that rovers will be able to negate stoke's main weapon,ie the long throw,is to leave 3 men up front at every throw in.stoke will have to leave 4 at the back to mark them,1 taking the throw,leaves only 5 for the rest off the half.i have little faith in robbo coming for any throw so samba must play centre back,that with a back 4 that must include nelsen,ojjer and givet,we should have the hieght to deal with beattie,shawcross etc :brfcsmilie:

:rover: i reckon the only way that rovers will be able to negate stoke's main weapon,ie the long throw,is to leave 3 men up front at every throw in.stoke will have to leave 4 at the back to mark them,1 taking the throw,leaves only 5 for the rest off the half.i have little faith in robbo coming for any throw so samba must play centre back,that with a back 4 that must include nelsen,ojjer and givet,we should have the hieght to deal with beattie,shawcross etc :brfcsmilie:

Wonder if Stoke will do the same if MGP plays. :rolleyes:

It is a pretty awful article. Not worth reading and not worth the paper it was written on.

A passion for bloated adjectives. Leftfooter would be a fan judging by his recent posts!

I agree with the calls for someone like Blackman to get a place on the bench. The bench is now covered by 7 players - i feel every club should always have 1 or 2 kids on it. Doran & Blackman for us.

Doran certainly deserves a spot on the bench. He looked promising at Liverpool - lots of pace and a bit of skill. It would also give us the option of bringing him on and moving Diouf upfront.

Treacy god please no, Pedersen must play.

I'd start 433 try and get some early pressure and perhaps nick one, we can easilt switch to 451. We must not however just hit it forward I can see stoke soaking it up. We have to expose their full backs so stick Diouf and Pedersen on them they can then (hopefully) support Benni (who must play) dependent on which wing the ball is.

-------------Robbo-------------

Ooijer--Samba--Nelsen--Givet

-------------Grella-------------

--------Dunn------Villa---------

Diouf--------Benni------Gamst

Yes its attacking, but provided they can show some discipline without the ball it could work. We also get most of our players who can play on the pitch, Benni will not thrive if we just hoof it up field.

The back five can just stay there we can't concede more than one, Stoke are very hard to break down its gonna take something special to the three points. With 4 center backs hopefully we can soak up there play.

Archived