BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

philipl

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're getting carried away.....for me, Jones is ok....technically not brilliant at the moment that is certainly one aspect that needs to be worked on...doesn't look that comfortable with the ball at his feet...more of a no-nonesense centre half, maybe in the terry mould as opposed to rio type centre half. I think Sam did right by not sending him to the Euro U19's, Spain and France would have made mincemeat of him and it would have affected him for the new season.

I'm worried about the centre of defence...nelsen is clearly past it in the premier league and I don't think we can rely on Jones just yet, in fact it would be detrimental to the lad if we did....

We're getting carried away.....for me, Jones is ok....technically not brilliant at the moment that is certainly one aspect that needs to be worked on...doesn't look that comfortable with the ball at his feet...more of a no-nonesense centre half, maybe in the terry mould as opposed to rio type centre half. I think Sam did right by not sending him to the Euro U19's, Spain and France would have made mincemeat of him and it would have affected him for the new season.

I'm worried about the centre of defence...nelsen is clearly past it in the premier league and I don't think we can rely on Jones just yet, in fact it would be detrimental to the lad if we did....

You didnt watch the game against Fc Sidney I reckon.

Of all the areas of the team, central defence is surely the one place we can not worry about!

Samba, Nelsen, Jones, Givet...it's an embarrassment of riches in comparison to other areas!

Seriously though, I think we have the best selection of centre halves outside the top six. I'd take ours over what Villa and Everton have to choose from.

I'm worried about the centre of defence...nelsen is clearly past it in the premier league

The same Nelsen that was outstanding in the World Cup? Central defence is the strongest area of our squad by a country mile! What planet are you on?

just reward for the lad after the way he performed. Lets hope he keeps his feet on the ground and doesnt get his head turned by the boys he gtoes on tour with.

Indeed. I bet it's a right nest of vipers with hordes of gents grubbing around for business.

I think that midfield in the U'21s squad looks pretty decent. Let's at least give them chance to develop and show what they are made of. Its not all about reputation as we have found out.

I'm for one not concerned in the slightest about our centre defence, and still think Nelsen will start quite a few games.

I think Sam did right by not sending him to the Euro U19's, Spain and France would have made mincemeat of him and it would have affected him for the new season.

Hahahaha...very funny! Wait, you were kidding, right? I'm sure that Spain and France's Under-19's are much deadlier than Drogba and Anelka.

Archived