BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

philipl

I'd be surprised if Jones left any time in the next few years. Being a Blackburn fan, getting regular games here and playing well, I don't see any reason for him to leave. I'm sure he will at some point in his career if he does develop into a "world class" defender, but I certainly don't expect him to do that within the next 2-3 years or so.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this can only be as an emergency centre half or a steadying influence in the squad? Maybe he sees him as a younger players mentor. :unsure:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article7116205.ece

didn't you hear campbell yesterday saying he's playing fantastically well at the moment and thinks he's moved up the pecking order for an england recall?

At 18 Ferdinand was a flake and Terry a joke/disaster happening every other appearance.

Philip

this is completely off topic but you do not take PM's. Can you help please? (And Phil Jones is great!!!!):

Philip,

I would welcome your help please. I stopped in a villa in Qala in Gozo a couple of years ago and had a lovely time (quiet, lovely locals etc).

We are looking at the Kempinski Hotel in Gozo for this year. Do you have any honest opinion on the place please?

many thanks

Mike

Fantastic news. I'm not a fan of Sam's but credit where it's due - he's not been afraid to use youngsters and it's largely been effective. Olsson, Jones and N'Zonzi's development have been the biggest plusses of the season by miles.

Delighted for Rovers and you fellas that he's signed a contract.

Nothing worse than having a talent come through from your academy for the first time in a while and him leaving after a few months.

Delighted for Rovers and you fellas that he's signed a contract.

Nothing worse than having a talent come through from your academy for the first time in a while and him leaving after a few months.

Thanks but unfortunately ffan we've learnt through bitter experience time and again that a contract with BRFC means little to nowt. :(

Thanks but unfortunately ffan we've learnt through bitter experience time and again that a contract with BRFC means little to nowt. :(

Except this time we'd get his fee (whether the manage would get it to spend or not is another matter) without having to pay a seel on fee to another club.

Except this time we'd get his fee (whether the manage would get it to spend or not is another matter) without having to pay a seel on fee to another club.

The cynic in me says that will be precisely the reason that we have done it.

Didn't get that, Theno, do you imply that Jones will be sold shortly?

I don't see it happening, and I don't believe there's anything to the rumours- Jones will at least play here next season, and should he do that well he is bound to be linked to other clubs once more.

Didn't get that, Theno, do you imply that Jones will be sold shortly?

I don't see it happening, and I don't believe there's anything to the rumours- Jones will at least play here next season, and should he do that well he is bound to be linked to other clubs once more.

And then hopefully we won't have to quibble over whether £10 million is a fair fee...another season at exactly that standard and he will be worth close to double that.

The next local lad/ crowd Favourite?! Phil Jones believes he is the “luckiest teenager around”

“Obviously it is pleasing to hear clubs like that coming in for you and looking at you but at the end of the day I am a Blackburn Rovers player, I have signed a five-year contract and I am happy at the club.

“Of course I intend to be here in five years time. I have a five-year contract and there is no reason why I can't do well in these five years. You never say never because you never know what is going to happen but I would like to think I would be here for the full five years and even further after that.” :brfc:

“This has to be the best club for a youngster in the Premier League."

makes supporting a mid table team that bit more interesting when the youth members come good, don't think he will be here in 5 years but always nice as a fan to hear him say it....it would be a nice thought to have the mitchell brothers as our centre backs for the next ten years and not have to concern ourselves with that area of the team for a long time...won't happen but you can dream.

Just think how good it will be if the likes of Jones, Hanley, Olsson & Hoilett continue to make the big steps they have this season - our team in 12 months could look very good - and hopefully with abit more local pride & loyalty in our players.

Both Ollson & now Jones seem VERY happy at Rovers.

Short report on his debut, sounds as if he had a good game.

1-0

Should really be called up to the U-21's tbh. Can't tell me there's about five or six better under-21 centre halves than him in England. Playing in the under-19s after the season has ended is just a waste of his time and energy.

Should really be called up to the U-21's tbh. Can't tell me there's about five or six better under-21 centre halves than him in England. Playing in the under-19s after the season has ended is just a waste of his time and energy.

I would guess they wanted to have a look at him without the senior pro's around him, I'm sure they have been mightily impressed.

I would guess they wanted to have a look at him without the senior pro's around him, I'm sure they have been mightily impressed.

The U-21's might mostly play in the PL, but I don't know about labelling them "senior" pros. Jones has played in the U-19s before now so they should have already had a look. And it's different staff there than the U-21's, surely?

The U-21's might mostly play in the PL, but I don't know about labelling them "senior" pros. Jones has played in the U-19s before now so they should have already had a look. And it's different staff there than the U-21's, surely?

Sorry bruce I should have said senior pro's at club level.

Archived