BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

philipl

Guest roverspogges

He's got a great career in front of him without a doubt. He could become a legend at ewood but I reckon he will probably move on.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This boy has been thrown in the deep end and has come out looking like a future international. At times today though his inexperience did show but what impressed me was how he dealt with some of the mistakes he made and he grew stronger as the game went on too. He's not had a bad start to life as a pro in the Blackburn first team this season. 5 games, 0 defeats and 3 clean sheets in a row. Superb!

We may have to give him a new deal at this rate, both as a reward for stepping up the plate and also offering us greater protection just in case some clubs come sniffing around in the summer. We have a real talent on our hands here and it won't go unnoticed at other clubs, so i advise we just enjoy his performances whilst we can.

He's a young lad and needs to decide what is important to him in life. Football and loyalty or Manchester City's (and the the like) money.

If I was Phil Jones I would be looking for a new deal with Rovers. Bearing in mind I only have a 1 year contract at the moment. An injury could be a big problem. But I would make sure that there was a nice clause in the contract should one of the big team come fishing.

More than anything though, if the club wanted my loyalty, a lot would depend on how they strengthen the squad in the Summer.

I'd want to be in a team challenging for Europe, at least...

However, he's only 18 and a lot could change within a few months so, while it's so far so good, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Jones is doing ever so well and a top player, but made three mistakes today, a misjudged header, a missed tackle ans a poor ball out!!

Dont big the lad up too much,good young player and looks the business but could have been punished today!!

Jones is doing ever so well and a top player, but made three mistakes today, a misjudged header, a missed tackle ans a poor ball out!!

Dont big the lad up too much,good young player and looks the business but could have been punished today!!

True, but the mistakes were minor ones and not critical ones.

This lad is showing leadership qualities on the pitch, I bet he doesnt want this season to end.

True, but the mistakes were minor ones and not critical ones.

This lad is showing leadership qualities on the pitch, I bet he doesnt want this season to end.

Too right, but pressure needs to be taken off the lad and quickly, he has kicked on so soon, better than the club had hoped, he needs looking after, if I was manager, I would give him a games rest, we will see!

Too right, but pressure needs to be taken off the lad and quickly, he has kicked on so soon, better than the club had hoped, he needs looking after, if I was manager, I would give him a games rest, we will see!

No, as long as he earns the right to play then he should continue to do so, he has to be put in pressure situations for him to grow and develop, playing now is essential. Theres still some extremely tough games coming up, some big asks of the lad, lets just watch him DO IT.

Too right. It's still early days for the guy, despite the progress he's made so far. If he keeps his feet on the ground, he could become a smashing player for us. You can't blame the fans for getting carried away, but I'm not expecting too much too soon from Jones.

Considering United paid upwards of £10million for Smalling, who has looked pretty average since the deal was announced, we have a real gem on our hands here. I saw his mistakes, but nobody is perfect. Samba as captain and Jones alongside has looked excellent. Unfortunately this shoved Givet to left back and he looked weak there yesterday

Samba and Jones look as good a defensive pairing as anything in the league outside the CL clubs. Pace, power in the air, ability to read the game, decent technique. Best part of our team.

Aye, Samba was awesome until he had to go off yesterday

PHIL JONES IS SUPERMAN!!

Dont worry guys, the boy is delighted with how its going & he's a rover at heart....he's ours and aslong as his form continues, so should his stay in the team - dont take a player out of a team if he is one of the best performers!!

Big Sam tips Jones to shine

It sounds like Sam is really enjoying his performances so far and admires how he has fitted into the team at such a young age and in a difficult league. By the looks of it he will keep his place for what's left of the season if he keeps up his solid form and remains injury free.

Good interview and I hope the club are ready to tie him up. Sam will certainly help him along in becoming a better player. What impresses me most about him is that he has the attributes that young centre-halves usually lack. He is aggressive, he reads the game well, he concentrates. The bonus is that he is decent on the ball and has a little bit of pace. He reminds me very much of John Terry in the way he plays.

For me, he is the best youngster we have had since Duff came through all those years ago...

I saw his mistakes, but nobody is perfect. Samba as captain and Jones alongside has looked excellent. Unfortunately this shoved Givet to left back and he looked weak there yesterday

I thought Givet should have got MOTM ahead of Jones yesterday!

That's not a criticism of Jones, just that I thought Givet played very well.

Archived