BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tottenham Vs Rovers

Iceman

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? I posed an open question without being insulting to anyone so I don't see why you have to respond (twice) in an insulting fashion.

It's been a very strange sort of season in which we'll just scrape up but it's highly likely we'll go down next season if we perform away from home again like we've done this.

Highly likely?! It'll be more of a possibility but if we maintain our home form then it's highly unlikely we'll go down next season. Even if we let that slip a bit then we should hopefully do a bit better away from home next season - we've come off the back of a good showing at Anfield and a good run before that, still I guess all it takes is one bad performance to bring out the doom and gloom merchants...

Highly likely?! It'll be more of a possibility but if we maintain our home form then it's highly unlikely we'll go down next season. Even if we let that slip a bit then we should hopefully do a bit better away from home next season - we've come off the back of a good showing at Anfield and a good run before that, still I guess all it takes is one bad performance to bring out the doom and gloom merchants...

It's not been just 'one bad performance' though has it? This season has been mainly bad performances with the occasional acceptable one, and just the one very good one (Bolton away). Still, it usually only takes one scabby win to bring out the BFS is a football genius merchants. ;)

And I'm still waiting for the list of inspired Allardyce decisions ....

I continually find it strange that for a Sam Allardyce team we are so brittle. I just knew we'd concede in the last minute of the first half.

Absoloutly, hit the nail on the head. I doubt the keeper change helped matters today(thats not a dig at Brown, Keeper is one position you do not rotate for a reason)

Also

Kalanic was so unlucky there, was a great turn and finish, as Andy Gray said Webb has had a stinker.

It's not been just 'one bad performance' though has it? This season has been mainly bad performances with the occasional acceptable one, and just the one very good one (Bolton away). Still, it usually only takes one scabby win to bring out the BFS is a football genius merchants. ;)

And I'm still waiting for the list of inspired Allardyce decisions ....

Noone says BFS is a football genius, however when you look at him you have to look at our away record and our home record, which has been very good. Not many of the "pro-Sam" people claim he's a football genius, but for idiots like you to hope we give him the boot this summer given we were safe by mid-February is absurd.

The defending for the 3rd goal was beyond a joke. Two Spurs players in the box, and Pavlyuchenko finds himself unmarked twice. Webb was terrible - but he was bad both ways. Dunn's should have been a penalty, Bales was the most blatant penalty you'll see, not sure whether he's given the free-kick against Kalinic for handball though.

Thought we played quite well.

However horrible goalkeeping for the second goal.

Atrocious marking for the third by Chimbonda.

We should have had a pen at 0-0 and a clean goal disallowed against Niko.

Noone says BFS is a football genius, however when you look at him you have to look at our away record and our home record, which has been very good. Not many of the "pro-Sam" people claim he's a football genius, but for idiots like you to hope we give him the boot this summer given we were safe by mid-February is absurd.

Why am I an idiot? Just because I don't agree with you? So who appointed you the great sage of all things Rovers? No-one, so get off your f**king high horse.

I am not alone in hoping we get shut in summer.

I continually find it strange that for a Sam Allardyce team we are so brittle.

Absolutely, away from Ewood we are just too soft. We haven't got that drive throughout the team to keep a clean sheet.

The problem to me lies in midfield, where we just don't press the ball high enough up the pitch and drop further and further back until we end up defending the edge of our penalty area. We also create next to nothing from open play, or get anyone not only alongside but also in advance of Kalinic. Given we have 5 in midfield we don't have anyone on the wing.

Never expected anything from this game so not too disappointed but I do have one or two observations:

Brown is an absolute liability.

Salgado..appalling first half but to his credit stuck at it and won his personal battle with Bale in the 2nd half.

Dunn was poor,zero impact and seemed off the pace all day.

Chimbonda...far too casual.

Got what we deserved...nothing.

Positives:

Olsson

Samba

Pedersen

Nzonzi

Kalinic

Why am I an idiot? Just because I don't agree with you? So who appointed you the great sage of all things Rovers? No-one, so get off your f**king high horse.

I am not alone in hoping we get shut in summer.

You don't need to be the great sage of all things Rovers to see that you know f**k all about football from your posts. Even after this loss we're 5pts clear of 13th with two hard games out of the way, one which we did well in and lost unfairly, and one where we played poorly.

I know you're not alone, there's waggy, Tris and various others...you have the collective footballing nous of one of the obese chest beaters at St James' Park...

What an odd game that was...

Webb missed two blatant penalties (one each), another blatant foul on Bale and ruled out a cracking goal by Kalinic. As Ron Atkinson has just said "our so called best referee".

Quite apart from that, Spurs fouled far more than us and we had more corners than them (haven't checked the Stats). We conceded all three goals when just at that time we were edging the play and all three were defensive howlers which could and should have been stopped.

I have seen all the moaning on here but I thought that was a million times better than the stuff that got me complaining earlier in the season and that Rovers gave a decent account of thelselves.

Nice to see Fat Rafa's lot drop further out of the picture for 4th I suppose...

I really would like to see more of Di Santo playing alongside Kalinic- we showed some sharpness and much more threat when he came on.

Archived