BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

I was pleased with Burnley's presence in the Prem. I'm also pleased with Pool's return to the top table. I am however, most very displeased with your bought promotion and squatting like stay in the Prem.

Tusch.

Hang on, how the feck do you know I'm a carrot cruncher?

Squatting like stay? Our tenure at the top is a fantastic achievment given we've been potless for years. We are nearly as skint as you at the moment.

I suppose we are "Hill Billies" by virtue of Blackburn's proximity to some hills. You, being from "suburban"(ffs :lol:) Preston are a carrot cruncher as you are surrounded by farmers and shepherds.

Could be worse, Blackpool fans reckon you are more inbred than the Dingles.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, just got my internet reconnected after several months, just in time to come and gloat on here.

3000 clown suited Hill Billies? Lol, don't make me laugh.

I wasn't going to go on this 'friendly', mainly because I just couldn't stand to see your lot win. It hurts deeply when you win any game, and it will so if you beat Blackpool in the league. However, I had a gut feeling, a bit like coppers do with crime scenes, that PNE would be triumphant over our hill dwelling neighbours. My hunch was correct and I enjoyed watching our youthful team tear you apart.

As for the copper trashing the town he earns his crust in... bad form. I thought you lot were all community hearted these days? Dually noted nevertheless.

Anyway, I'll wish you all the worst for the season and I hope we don't have to play you again, hopefully as we pass each other by when swapping divisions.

The bandwagon jumpers from Preston suburbia will be right back in the woodwork if that happens. If I was religious I'd pray for it.

Ye Gods! A friendly win and you're creaming your pants?..... MUPPET! :blink

Hi guys, just got my internet reconnected after several months, just in time to come and gloat on here.

I wasn't going to go on this 'friendly', mainly because I just couldn't stand to see your lot win. It hurts deeply when you win any game, and it will so if you beat Blackpool in the league. However, I had a gut feeling, a bit like coppers do with crime scenes, that PNE would be triumphant over our hill dwelling neighbours. My hunch was correct and I enjoyed watching our youthful team tear you apart.

As for the copper trashing the town he earns his crust in... bad form. I thought you lot were all community hearted these days? Dually noted nevertheless.

Anyway, I'll wish you all the worst for the season and I hope we don't have to play you again, hopefully as we pass each other by when swapping divisions.

The bandwagon jumpers from Preston suburbia will be right back in the woodwork if that happens. If I was religious I'd pray for it.

Anyone who comes onto someone else's board to stir things up is clearly not getting any. Wasn't it 1961 when you last had some? Although I guess you've had a record 8 failed playoff campaigns to warm your cockles I suppose. Doncaster here you come!

Did anyone else think Dunny was taken off because he looked as though he was going to hurt a PNE player, himself or get sent off? He seemed to suddenly lose it and start diving in all over the show.

I noticed throughout the game last night at least one of the North End coaching staff was always in the technical area shouting, coaching etc.... For the whole 90 mins, I can think of only one occasion did MacDonald stand up and come to to the technical area. It was if the coaching staff were not bothered either. Friendly or not, there must always be pride when you put on a shirt, and frankly not many seemed bothered last night ( players and staff).

Lol. Another bitter and twisted Nob Ender. Still can't get over the fact that you're a small time, small town club, whose glory days (such as they were) were way before the Titanic, and a brief sojourn in the top flight when the overrated plumber played for you.

It was a friendly against mainly our reserves, and we played shockingly awful. Still, it was your Cup Final so enjoy it. And thanks to our fans at least turning up (unlike yours) you'll now be able to pay your players this week!

I work with some PNE fans and you really are a bunch of retarded, disillusioned, bitter, fickle, cock-ends.

Now go and crack one off about your City status, collect your giro and get back into bed with your sister/mum/sheep/dog*

*delete as appropriate

A couple of points about last night... The most creative passing (and at times the most wayward) was done by our Keith. No kidding. Dunn and Nzonzi were very poor. Dunn in particular had an absolute shocker. The amount of times he was robbed in midfield in the middle of an attack while we were pressing (and had a considerable amount of the team in front of him) caused us no end of problems with people having to race back. He was just trying to be too clever and was plainly way too slow. Junior is no lone striker, Junior is no striker, Junior needs to learn to be a little less selfish and play his teammates in when he so obviously can. I agree with MarkBRFC about Branco, he looked very useful and may well have a future, he's raw at present but showed a lot more than Junior and, frankly, Di Santo did in a lot of games. Yes it was only 10 minutes and I can only judge off that but in that 10 minutes he showed some class.

I think Judge came on and he was very lucky to avoid getting a yellow or two. He dived in a few times and got away with some late kicks at players running away from him. Other than that he looked ok, nothing special though. I think Marrow came on as well (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and he looked pretty useful. He got into some good positions and made room and space for others with his movement. I was quite impressed with him. With Marrow and Branco looking useful, we created a few half chances and looked a lot more attacking at the end of the game.

It was a friendly so while I'm giving some players some stick, it's worth remembering that and that it is pretty early in the preparation for the upcoming season. What is patently obvious is that we need more than one striker to come in. I wouldn't judge much on what we saw last night other than to say Preston are further ahead in their preparation for their season than we are.

Oh, final thought. The ref must also be preparing for the upcoming season.... in Football League 2! He was awful. Pedersen got tripped and kicked at one point and he ignored it completely. Something happened pretty much exactly the same at the other end and he gave a free kick which lead to the dodgiest of penaty decisions I've ever seen. Who has given a penalty for two players jumping for the ball and one winning it cleanly? Of course there was contact, they both jumped!

Branco? Don't get excited - skinny with daft boots

he ran hard (because he was on trial)

Not sure he touched the ball more than three times

Every second touch was a tackle.

Don't care whether he's better than Hoillet, because I'm better than Hoillet. Branco wasn't great.

Zac Aley (not Marrow) on the left wing - now he looked interesting

Don't care whether he's better than Hoillet, because I'm better than Hoillet. Branco wasn't great.

Zac Aley on the left wing - now he looked interesting

He showed some touches of real quality, and a great awareness of where his team-mates were. I would sign him up now - he's better than Hoilett, and offers something a little different than Roberts and Niko. Plus he will cost nowt, and is an extra body up front.

Daft boots? What are you, 80 years old? ;)

You only get to wear daft boots if you do something with them!

Struggling to think of any of these quality touches and I certainly don't remember any shots (I know its asking a lot)

I just remember him chasing the ball across their back four and closing down their keeper.

But then again I am 80.

Did anyone else think Dunny was taken off because he looked as though he was going to hurt a PNE player, himself or get sent off? He seemed to suddenly lose it and start diving in all over the show.

I thought he was taken off because he was crap and looked ridiculously unfit.

Gav, I quite enjoy some of your posts and I get the feeling we are of a similar vintage but honestly which manager could do any better? I'm no big fan of Allardyce but which other manager could keep us up, never mind get us to tenth? Which other manager in his right mind would want to work for The Walker Trust?

Tongue was filmly in cheek DGS.

I know it was only a friendly and it will be forgotten after the first league game is over, but, that was the biggest shambles of a pre season game I can ever remember.

To think that we have debated about the need, or otherwise, for new owners and whether the priority signing should be a striker or a midfielder.

It's so bloomin' obvious isn't it.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Tuesday, not for the football of course that'll be rubbish.

Got that right. I think £10 was about £8.70 too much for last night. The only grace was that there was a roof on the stand that stopped me totally drowning. The first two goals came from the only two decent crosses all night, both finding their man unmarked and with a fairly easy chance to score.

A total nightmare of an event. Went out with just a tee shirt on, went to The Garrison and then The Sumners, both of which are utter crud, then sat watching that crap. I found myself looking at my watch from about 8pm onwards, never a good sign. Fair play to the lads at the back of our bit, relatively humorous singing and goading of the PNE kids in the new stand.

I cannot remember a poorer showing by Rovers in any game in years.

it was hardly a bunch of reserves we put out, with most of the guys who will probably start against Everton having played last night. I know the weather was bad, but 3-0? I know its only a pre season game, but again 3-0?

if we go into the season with only 2 strikers, then at least go in with a bit of confidence on the back of a good pre season.

Having said that, we do seem to have ordinary pre seasons, and then have a decent season(except for the ince regime) of course.

I know it was only a friendly and it will be forgotten after the first league game is over, but, that was the biggest shambles of a pre season game I can ever remember.

I didn't bother last night, but I do recall a pre season game at deepdale just after Shearer left, now that was a shambles.

Zac Aley (not Marrow) on the left wing - now he looked interesting

Thanks for correcting me about Marrow. Yes, Zac Aley looked pretty impressive. He's certainly got something about him.

Got that right. I think £10 was about £8.70 too much for last night. I cannot remember a poorer showing by Rovers in any game in years.

My thoughts exactly!!!

The sound system was poor where I was sitting so I missed half the team announcements. I spent the first 20 minutes to half an hour trying to figure out who was playing and in what formation. What was worse, it seemed that the players too a lot longer than I did to come to a similar conclusion. I have never seen so much pointing and head shaking and looks of bewilderment in my life.

Whilst it was only a friendly, I did turn out in the pouring rain, drive 20 miles and pay £10. Quite frankly I think as a rovers fan, watching them play a team that is a close geographical neighbour, I deserve something better. They should have a least made a game of it. Not a shot on goal in the second half and most of the match played in the Rovers half of the pitch. We tried to look for the good parts of the night. The best bits were that Preston have a nice little ground, the programme was good, Preston's team looks useful and Pederson must have had a good holiday because he has a great tan.

I would have thought the best bit, given your location, would be been the rovers fans singing "sea-sea-seasiders" which didn't really seem to wind the (few) Preston fans that bothered to turn up, up.

Whilst I dont mind a bit of banter between fans I could take no joy in any of it last night as our football was so poor. I was embarressed going to Preston and having their fans think that what they had seen was the best we could do. No wonder they were jubilant at the end. They could and should have scored more. There is no shame in losing to an Arsenal or United in full flow but there is in such an abject surrender and losing to North End.

Archived