BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

Under Labour we had two World Cup quarter finals, English teams did well in Europe and won the Ashes twice. This Coalition govt. has failed to provide anything like the sporting success the previous incumbents managed, if we lose the cricket this winter then I will be calling for a vote of no confidence.

That was blooody awful last night. Rovers were never that bad when Labour were in power.

I did that gag ages ago Jim.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did that gag ages ago Jim.

Except it isn't a joke. As good Blackburnians I'm sure the Rovers players are all Labour voters. They're probably still depressed about the election and are letting it affect their performances on the field. Jack Straw needs to give them a good pep talk and tell them the coalition is likely to collapse sooner rather than later. The question is, will the Rovers players be able to pick themselves up, shrug off their worries about public services cuts and the dilemma of whether or not the Tories are going to replace the Trident nuclear deterrent in the meantime ?

can someone that knows how to, please post the picture of the preston end on pne and claret mad websites?

they have threads going on their about our rovers following which just beggars belief.

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh :angry2: I had this awful nightmare last night, that we went to Deepdale and lost 3-0. The players were busy showing off their tans/new summer hairstyles/results of too many summer lattes and barely remembered they were there for a game. I got soaking wet and woke up with a very sore throat and a headache.

Wait ... surely not :unsure: it wasn't a nightmare you say?

Oh, my :(

Great Post.

I live close to Preston. I use to go past the ground and wonder what it was like inside. Now I will never be able to go past it without remembering the absolute nightmare I witnessed there

Oh the irony. Still bitter about losing out to Preston on this one I see. I could enter into some town bashing, but it would be lost on the majority of your fans on here as most of them are from the Preston suburbs anyway. Hence your nickname of Plastic Rovers.

Not as bitter as you lot are for missing out on promotion to the big league several times over. If only you were half the club Blackpool are... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi guys, just got my internet reconnected after several months, just in time to come and gloat on here.

3000 clown suited Hill Billies? Lol, don't make me laugh.

I wasn't going to go on this 'friendly', mainly because I just couldn't stand to see your lot win. It hurts deeply when you win any game, and it will so if you beat Blackpool in the league. However, I had a gut feeling, a bit like coppers do with crime scenes, that PNE would be triumphant over our hill dwelling neighbours. My hunch was correct and I enjoyed watching our youthful team tear you apart.

As for the copper trashing the town he earns his crust in... bad form. I thought you lot were all community hearted these days? Dually noted nevertheless.

Anyway, I'll wish you all the worst for the season and I hope we don't have to play you again, hopefully as we pass each other by when swapping divisions.

The bandwagon jumpers from Preston suburbia will be right back in the woodwork if that happens. If I was religious I'd pray for it.

LOL! Why are you so bitter towards Rovers? I can't think of any Rovers fan I know that pays the slightest bit on interest in Nob End. Bit pathetic that you'd rather your biggest rivals beat us. Have fun going to t'Turd next season.

LOL! Why are you so bitter towards Rovers? I can't think of any Rovers fan I know that pays the slightest bit on interest in Nob End. Bit pathetic that you'd rather your biggest rivals beat us. Have fun going to t'Turd next season.

As far as I'm concerned, you are our biggest rivals. Other Nobbers don't agree with me, but some do, especially the ones in the areas that saw your glory hunters seep out of the woodwork with impeccable timing to your first promotion to the Prem. (think Leyland, Brig)

I always have fun going on the Turf, it's a proper ground with proper fans, and a real atmosphere.

As far as I'm concerned, you are our biggest rivals. Other Nobbers don't agree with me, but some do, especially the ones in the areas that saw your glory hunters seep out of the woodwork with impeccable timing to your first promotion to the Prem. (think Leyland, Brig)

I always have fun going on the Turf, it's a proper ground with proper fans, and a real atmosphere.

Does that include the 7,000 that have not renewed S/T to date.

Glory Hunters on promotion to the Premier League? Very funny :D Now I understand your bitterness. You've never got there so you can't get any 'glory hunters'!!! We got promotion, the fans came out in their droves and little old knob end find themselves unable (ever) to play catch-up. Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

Glory Hunters on promotion to the Premier League? Very funny :D Now I understand your bitterness. You've never got there so you can't get any 'glory hunters'!!! We got promotion, the fans came out in their droves and little old knob end find themselves unable (ever) to play catch-up. Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

I can see why you would think that, but you're wrong. Let me explain the route cause of my bitterness. Geography. Yes, it's as simple as that.

Name me a team that gets promoted, especially to the PL, and doesn't increase its fanbase. Even the plastics did in the mid 70's.

I worked in Chorley in the early 80's and there were plenty of Rovers fans from the Chorley/Leyland/Bamber Bridge/Penwortham/Preston area even then, well before any 'glory hunting.'

I can see why you would think that, but you're wrong. Let me explain the route cause of my bitterness. Geography. Yes, it's as simple as that.

There was quite a few started coming from those areas back then but you can bet most dont now an haven't done for years. Rovers came out top in a poll in mid 90's that most of the support came from the blackburn area an you can't blame locals for comin out the woodwork, would yours not do the same. What do you say to the legions who walk round Preston an south ribble in man yoo an liverpool shirts, thats were your problem lies.

We view Nob End much like Bolton view Bury.

Near neighbours but too small to be classed as rivals, just bitter fans from a little club.

Name me a team that gets promoted, especially to the PL, and doesn't increase its fanbase. Even the plastics did in the mid 70's.

I worked in Chorley in the early 80's and there were plenty of Rovers fans from the Chorley/Leyland/Bamber Bridge/Penwortham/Preston area even then, well before any 'glory hunting.'

What did you work as, an opinion canvaser for Mori? The appearance of that shirt of yours in the Preston area was overnight, man.

Of course all clubs will see an increase in fans upon promotion, just like Pool will this coming season, but I bet they don't get many from Preston and South Ribble.

I can't agree with the Leyland bit. I was brought up in Leyland and went to Wellfield School; there were always loads of Rovers fans at my school and we always went as a group of about 20 to away games...and this predates the formation of the Premiership by a few years.

I occasionally go on Deepdale and Blackpool (NEVER T'URD MOOR), and enjoy the game and the meal even more....I only go if it is corporate and someone else pays!!

There was quite a few started coming from those areas back then but you can bet most dont now an haven't done for years. Rovers came out top in a poll in mid 90's that most of the support came from the blackburn area an you can't blame locals for comin out the woodwork, would yours not do the same.

Of course, I agree.

What do you say to the legions who walk round Preston an south ribble in man yoo an liverpool shirts, thats were your problem lies.

Same everywhere you go outside of the 'big teams' general caption area, unfortunately.

What did you work as, an opinion canvaser for Mori? The appearance of that shirt of yours in the Preston area was overnight, man.

Of course all clubs will see an increase in fans upon promotion, just like Pool will this coming season, but I bet they don't get many from Preston and South Ribble.

Even when all five local teams were in the same league you were always second best, at best. :D

Going back to the old 1st division Average attendances.

60/61

Burnley --------------------23.827

Bolton Wanderers ------21.670

Blackburn Rovers ------19.343

Blackpool------------------18.715

Preston North End------16.804

59/60

Blackburn Rovers-- 27.299

Burnley-----------------26.978

Bolton Wanderers----25.998

Preston North End----24.552

Blackpool----------------21.783

Just where have those 12-18k supporters gone, perhaps the parents of today's fans new you were a lost cause.

Now bottom of the pile, enjoy.

Of course, I agree.

Same everywhere you go outside of the 'big teams' general caption area, unfortunately.

To be fair to you i started work in the Preston area in the late 80's and there was an awful lot of hostility then towards Rovers an this was lads from penwortham and central preston, the bitterness must have started in the 70's as a lot of big rivalries did.The the Jack Walker era started an a lot of north enders i knew just imploded lol

Too true CLB,these areas have always had a strong Rovers following regardless of how 'bitters' like Tafkap refute the fact.

Our age old Rivals are Burnley,your's are Blackpool...move on live with it.

Archived