BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

If I was a nobender I would be more concerned that there were just over 700 pompy fans meaning their home support was less that 9000 !

City club ? My backside :rolleyes:

Why would you be concerned? The best days of following PNE for me was back when 9,000 at Deepdale was seen as a huge crowd. We were in the bottom division mind you, but that's something you've never had to experience as you 'chose' your team, instead of your team choosing you. Do you know what a Perspex top is Mr Plod?

A bit of a cruel analogy, but it has to be made. Supporting a team from a town that you have none, or extremely little connection with, is like comparing the love you have for your own child, against a neighbours child. In other words, it doesn't come close.

You and others like you will never have the same feeling that the Blackburn lads have, you'll never have that butterfly flap as intensely inside your stomach on match day morning, as it does for the Blackburn lads. They're going to support their home town club as they couldn't choose where they were born, they had no choice, and no matter what division Rovers are in they would support them forever more. That's a feeling you can never achieve, (I'm assuming you're not from Blackburn originally), no matter how hard you try to show what a good supporter you are, you'll never have that butterfly.

I mentioned earlier in this thread about that natural connection through tribalism, the 'them and US' factor, a factor that grew in me, not one that I chose, unlike all the bandwagon jumpers who spotted the Rovers wagon hurtling toward the top and conveniently jumped on it.

85/86 was the first season I ever attended a football match; free tickets were handed out in schools, so me and a few pals went along for the experience. I was hooked. I was overcome with a sudden sense of tribalism, something bit, it was the US factor (not the country, but the word).

Adios amigos.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you be concerned? The best days of following PNE for me was back when 9,000 at Deepdale was seen as a huge crowd. We were in the bottom division mind you, but that's something you've never had to experience as you 'chose' your team, instead of your team choosing you. Do you know what a Perspex top is Mr Plod?

blah blah blah...

What a complete load of tosh!

Is it a case of resting my case, going by the locations of the two BWJs that have replied to my latest damning post? Lolz. Does it hurt?

No, it doesn't hurt in the slightest. It shows you as being desperate to justify such poor support for such a 'big' team. And it is a complete load of tosh as well. Having been a Rovers supporter for 18 years, I think I can justify that.

DAFTcap and his one man mission to convert Rovers fans. :blink:

What you have to try and understand DAFTcap is that many of our Preston based fans DID choose their club of choice many years before Jack Walker came along.....its a fact you must learn to live with and except but it sure hurts like hell doesn't it!

GOOD :lol:

Shouldn't you be starting with the myriad of 'fans' who sport MU, Liverpool, etc shirts in your city?

Didn't they also have a Man Utd cafe/shop until recently in Preston town centre? I'm guessing that went out business when Abramovich took over Chelsea and Man Utd's popularity took a dip in Preston ....

TAFKAP, being born and raised in Leyland would make me one of your so-called "Plastics" I suppose. However, growing up in Leyland in the early eighties there were 2 or 3 PNE fans and 2 Rovers fans in my school year. The rest were Liverpool fans.

Thats the major problem, a generation of "fans" brought up to support clubs they would normally have no affinity for. Even now if Man U, Chelsea or L'pool are on Sky, the local pub is packed with prats who wouldn't know how to go about buying a ticket for a football game never mind know where the ground is.

Leyland you describe as a "suburb" of Preston, well I think if you have a look, Leyland has its own seperate history not related at all to being close to Preston. I think that identity means people from Leyland look at the local teams as being PNE & Rovers more or less equally. Lostock Hall has its own funeral service for relegation and Promotions of both PNE and Rovers showing the split is there and has been for a long time, and is nearer to Preston than Leyland.

Oh and before you have a dig, 84-85 was my first season at Ewood, and this season marks 50 years of my father being a Rovers fan.

Anyway glad to see your back now you have beaten Pompey, but I'll settle for being mid way up the Premier League.

9000 in the bottom division - in your wildest dreams mate. :lol:

1985/1986 Average attendance 3,502 Highest attendance 5,585 v Burnley

1984/1985 Average attendance 3,793 Highest attendance 6,136 v Telford (FA Cup)

Averaging 3500 for two seasons running, truly dreadful.

OH DEAR DAFT TW*T CANNOT READ. I didnt say I was concerned, I said if I was a nobender I would be concerned. truth is @#/? I am Blackburn born and bred.

Born in Mill Hill, not in Blackburn Royal I may add but in the house some 10 minute walk from Ewood as the ambulance couldnt get to us in time.

First game was in 1971 so that makes me a bit long in the tooth as I have seen Rovers in Div 3, was a ball boy in the 73 season, saw us go up and the rest is history pal.

I was also at school with Ozzie so I can vouch for him as being a follower for many a year.

Now then daft tw*t toodle pip.

Come back when your in a position to really gloat, not just over some preseason luck you had over an established and much bigger Premiership neighbour. Go back to dreaming of what you would like instead of being envious of your more illustrious neighbours and I just dont mean the lashers !!!!

Haha... he really is a plonker!

The way he shows himself up is hilarious :lol:

We were in the bottom division mind you, but that's something you've never had to experience as you 'chose' your team, instead of your team choosing you.

We've not experienced it because we've never been that bad...and before you say it i'm Blackburn born and bred :rolleyes:

:brfc:

Haha... he really is a plonker!

The way he shows himself up is hilarious :lol:

We've not experienced it because we've never been that bad...and before you say it i'm Blackburn born and bred :rolleyes:

:brfc:

I think a few of us on here might remember when we were in the bottom three of the old Third Division under Howard Kendall.

I'm from Accy however, so I dont really have any passion for Rovers.

• 3 weeks later...

im on nights and got a can of monster from the shell garage nr wickes. this guy was in shopping and literally peed his pants in front of me and me mate and didnt care less. i nearly chucked up there and then.

scruffy dirty inbred chicken licking nobend scummers.smiley1125.gif

im on nights and got a can of monster from the shell garage nr wickes. this guy was in shopping and literally peed his pants in front of me and me mate and didnt care less. i nearly chucked up there and then.

scruffy dirty inbred chicken licking nobend scummers.smiley1125.gif

That is a quite disturbing post. On a number of levels

It's the PNE-Dingle "Derby" This weekend, ahead of which a BBC blogger has written this, and mentions PNE have sold only 6,100 season tickets and charged £30 last week to watch them play Portsmouth.

BBC Blogger

Some interesting comments underneath though. Their season tickets are £350+ and the article proposes to reduce them to £250. Some people say that is too cheap, and that you should be paying more than that to watch Championship football!

any good photographs Abbey?

Only 9,700 on at Dumpdale last night. I hear that that around 1,759 were from Forest. The "big club" were loosing around £175K per week last season and required an average 17,000 home gate, it must be more than £175K per week now - I believe that Trevor Hemmings has big pockets...he will need them!

Oh, and by the way:

"we wuz robbed,

blame that daft ref,

we were unlucky

we played good football,

wait for next week......sob sob sob".

Archived