BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

I'm sorry Taffy, you've just got to get used to it.

Football allegiances go far further back than you are acknowledging.

There has ALWAYS been a Rovers following in South Ribble, Bamber Bridge for example- The ceremonial burying and rising of the Rovers and/or PNE coffin.

If you want to talk about Geography- by all accounts Oswaldtwistle, Rishton, Great Harwood etc should be Dingle free zones- they aren't.

Nowt we can do about it- and nowt you can either! All this bitterness can't be good for you son.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even when all five local teams were in the same league you were always second best, at best. :D

Going back to the old 1st division Average attendances.

Just where have those 12-18k supporters gone, perhaps the parents of today's fans new you were a lost cause.

Now bottom of the pile, enjoy.

JHC, why have you brought attendances to the table? You're bigger, better (on paper) and richer than PNE, and if memory serves, you've had more cups and trophies than us. I suppose all the more reason to hate you. But I never came here to argue historical turn outs, I came to gloat. :)

I'm sorry Taffy, you've just got to get used to it.

Football allegiances go far further back than you are acknowledging.

There has ALWAYS been a Rovers following in South Ribble, Bamber Bridge for example- The ceremonial burying and rising of the Rovers and/or PNE coffin.

If you want to talk about Geography- by all accounts Oswaldtwistle, Rishton, Great Harwood etc should be Dingle free zones- they aren't.

Nowt we can do about it- and nowt you can either! All this bitterness can't be good for you son.

Bitterness? It's healthy, love. I just chose to hate you lot over the Pool or Turf dwellers.

Your example of split support in them areas is a bit like Kirkham, Freckleton, Warton, Gt Eccleston and Wesham being divided PNE & Pool. In fact, you've got quite a number of 'fans' from those towns between Preston and Blackpool. Proper glory hunting buggers. Same with Lancaster too.

JHC, why have you brought attendances to the table? You're bigger, better (on paper) and richer than PNE, and if memory serves, you've had more cups and trophies than us. I suppose all the more reason to hate you. But I never came here to argue historical turn outs, I came to gloat. :)

If you can't stand the heat? go back to the fizzy pop site.

You brought up Geography, I brought up History.

It shows that even in the day when people travelled less, the neighbouring clubs all had more support, and as such your argument regarding people from Chorley, Ribble valley Etc, doesn't stack up.

There has always been supporters from other areas supporting their none local team.

Gloat away, thanks for the leg up in 92. :D

Gloat away, thanks for the leg up in 92. :D

You've lost me with that one.

GAV.... Blackpool in the premiership, how do you feel about that?

Indifferent, unlike many of my fellow PNE fans. Of course I'd have preferred Cardiff to go up, mainly because I wanted our derby with Pool preserved.

I came to gloat. :)

You are a sad, sad little man. Gloating over a crappy pre-season friendly? Have you nothing better to think about?

Next time we see you, normal service will be resumed and you'll be on your way to Division 1. ;)

Have fun going to t'Turd next season.

If he can't be bothered going to Deepdale I hardly think he'll manage to travel to burnley.

Appears he's from the bamber bridge area where all those new found BRFC fans from the Brig area have been burying and re burying PNE's coffin for absolute bloody generations!! :rolleyes:

its the only thing he/she/it can gloat about. Nobenders season ticket sales are poor. They owe millions to the blackpool fan hemmings and have a poor average of some 12000 supporters.

I do suppose though that having a pre season victory over their prestigious neighbours gives them something the cheer about because when the real football starts they will revert to type.

Dross team with dross support :rolleyes:

Rearrange these two words :- barsteward, lying......

No really, honest, indifferent I felt.

CrazyIvan

You are a sad, sad little man. Gloating over a crappy pre-season friendly? Have you nothing better to think about?

Oh come on Ivan, a bit of trolling/banter is good fun. We have a couple of good Pool fans who post on our forum, the tennis like banter is a great read. There's the odd Dingle who also posts there, as does one or two Plastics, but they're not half as funny as the Pool wind up merchants.

Plod

I do suppose though that having a pre season victory over their prestigious neighbours gives them something the cheer about

Nail on the head. Lowly and financially fecked PNE trashing self styled 'prestigious' Premier League neighbours 3-0. Cheer? I friggin wet myself with delight, man.

No really, honest, indifferent I felt.

CrazyIvan

Oh come on Ivan, a bit of trolling/banter is good fun. We have a couple of good Pool fans who post on our forum, the tennis like banter is a great read. There's the odd Dingle who also posts there, as does one or two Plastics, but they're not half as funny as the Pool wind up merchants.

Plod

Nail on the head. Lowly and financially fecked PNE trashing self styled 'prestigious' Premier League neighbours 3-0. Cheer? I friggin wet myself with delight, man.

There's more than a whiff of Dingle in your posting style. You've managed to sound even more biiter and twisted than they are. Some achievment, well done.

Get a girlfriend you f*****g notright.

There's more than a whiff of Dingle in your posting style. You've managed to sound even more biiter and twisted than they are. Some achievment, well done.

Get a girlfriend you f*****g notright.

Cheers, I'm going to take that as a compliment.

Get a girlfriend? I'd love to, but the wife would kill me if she found out.

Think the message for 'the invisibles'(Preston fans) of this world is if you've nothing constructive to say is......be seen and not heard :rover:

Oh, and just enjoy your season of 'rinky dinky' passing thats coming up. :wacko:

Get a girlfriend? I'd love to, but the wife would kill me if she found out.

Did your ''wife'' come with a puncture repair kit when you bought it?

Seriously though, she must be an absolute stunner to be spending her life with a self confessed forum troll. <_<

I've lived in Preston all my life.

The majority of their fans are like this. I used to have to put up with constant "Although you have just won the Premiership, we are still a better side because our support is more diehard" comments on a daily basis. It is astounding the amount of Preston fans that supported Manchester United pre 2000. I'm also amazed at the Preston fans I hear this quote from:

"I support Preston but Liverpool / Everton / Aston Villa are my PREMIERSHIP Team."

Self deluded muppets. This is why I have always hated PNE more than Burnley.

I've lived in Preston all my life.

I've lived here all my life too, but I could never ever bring myself to support another town's club. That is just wrong. We've debated about catchment areas between two towns, but to support club B when you're from town A is just very plastic.

Now then, I have a match to attend, please do wish us luck. ;)

tschüs

Some people on here are far too touchy. If a PNE fan wants to come on and gloat about beating us in a friendly then what is the harm?

The very fact that he has to gloat about a friendly shows how much they have to grasp at straws to get some good gloating action.

These people deserve our pity, not our anger.

:lol:

Archived