BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stoke Preview

CrazyIvan

Typical rubbish from Rovers. Yet again, an opposition's player opens up his account against us and we've also granted Stoke their first clean sheet of the season. We never really had a chance in this since our ugly, agricultural football was unlikely to pose Stoke any problems. Utter sh*te.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big questions for Sam now. We have been beaten at our own style and had no real plan B. Again Pedersen had a poor game, and we completely failed to tick in the middle of the park. Dunn is still not available and we are in the ludicrous position of having no one who can play a decent forward pass on the field.

Stoke are a good team, and the match was away from home, so it is not a terrible result. However it is the lack of ideas which have characterised the last three games which is worrying. It seems opposition teams are getting wise to our strengths and weaknesses and sheparding us pretty well.

We have a very good defence, a fantastic midfield grafter in Jones, a keeper in excellent from, EH Diouf seems to have refound his best form. However we have a real problem progressing the ball through the midfield and retaining possession. NZonzi was awful today, Jones is a brillinat destryoyer but not a passer, and Pedersen, as said, was mostly anonymous. Sam has to look at the squad and ask how he can break down teams that stand up to our set pieces and direct tactics. Even with Dunn back we are going to lack a range of passing and movement in our midfield play unless one of the young guys develops dramatically.

A draw would be a great result.

My prediction: 0-0 or 1-0 to Stoke. The least football ever seen in 90 Premier League minutes, and the shortest amount of time ever devoted to a game on MoTD. ;)

I don't like quoting my own post, but today's game, like Rovers under Sam, was wholly predictable.

I liked how towards the end Sam sent Samba up front because no one else was winning anything in the air. Sam's thinking must have been "how do we start winning the aerial challenges in their box?" rather than "what can we do to win?"

Anyone else think Niko is finished at the club? You are chasing for an equaliser and who do you turn to? Benjani who hasn't scored a league goal for what feels like an eternity. I think the young lad will do well at another club, probably abroad that plays to his strengths. He just doesn't fit here.

We would have been better using that £6 millon for Janko or another 6 foot 5 wall of a player if Sam won't adapt.

Two words for that performance: Insipid and predictable

A silver lining: Our rubbish style will be more suited to playing the superior sides. No, wait, I can't even have that. I await more aimless punts into the opposition box at home in the Sundarland game. Will we fluke a lucky goal, or will they pass the ball around us and beat us at FOOTball. My God, performances like that are tough to watch, they really are. That garbage ruins your weekend.

I'm off to watch the golf, in the mood for watching balls get hit into the air time after time!

NZonzi was awful today, Jones is a brillinat destryoyer but not a passer, and Pedersen, as said, was mostly anonymous.

I agree N'zonzi was poor. I thought he should've been subbed earlier for a striker to go 4-4-2 to try something new and push on for a goal.

I disagree about Pedersen though, at least in the first half. He was involved in the few good things we did in that first half, but he was definitely pretty useless in the second.

I don't like quoting my own post, but today's game, like Rovers under Sam, was wholly predictable.

It's getting very boring. Everyone knows what is going to happen. Sam wont change, he only knows one way. How anyone can say he is a good manager I'll never know. We got very lucky last season and 10th covered up how bad we actually were. I'm thinking this season is going to a disaster.

Anyone else think Niko is finished at the club? You are chasing for an equaliser and who do you turn to? Benjani who hasn't scored a league goal for what feels like an eternity. I think the young lad will do well at another club, probably abroad that plays to his strengths. He just doesn't fit here.

We would have been better using that £6 millon for Janko or another 6 foot 5 wall of a player if Sam won't adapt.

He was dropped for one game...

I liked how towards the end Sam sent Samba up front because no one else was winning anything in the air. Sam's thinking must have been "how do we start winning the aerial challenges in their box?" rather than "what can we do to win?"

total @#/? lard-ass is clueless,roll on the take over.

It's getting very boring. Everyone knows what is going to happen. Sam wont change, he only knows one way. How anyone can say he is a good manager I'll never know. We got very lucky last season and 10th covered up how bad we actually were. I'm thinking this season is going to a disaster.

How can a crap side luckily finish 10th?! 17th maybe!

It was poor today, their defence had no issue with the punts, throws, corners, free kicks into the box.

However, Stoke were packed full of players bought on good money. We bring on a crocked free transfer to partner a loanee.

THAT is your reality

paul robinson on his own and some complete once in a lifetime goalkeeping howlers have given us 8 pts this season............sams tactics have done nothing at all this season we may as well change tactics we can't get worse

If poor is how you describe that match how would you describe Pedersons performance?

How someone can play in the centre of the park and be that bad is beyond me, Im also so sick of these tactics too, we play the most unatractive football in the prem and when it doesnt work its unbearable, when it does work its acceptable but its still horrible to watch.

If we get took over we cannot continue with this football or we will have to give season tickets away next year, Stoke are critisised for the way they play by the pundits but at least they do it well.

Archived