BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granted.

But my opinion is based on the many times I have watched him play.

I'd like to see Kalinic in a team that can actually pass, move and create chances. Then we'll be able to judge if he's the real deal. Right now, anyone up front is fighting a losing battle.

Unless I am mistaken it is 0-0 T half time. Are those who are frustrated the ones who predicted a 4-0 defeat. it's never pretty but I would take a point at Liverpool playing one up front. I will judge us as a total football team when we have 50 million to spend.

Sheer bleedin' awful. We have all the creativity of a blind man with a black piece of paper and a pencil with no lead trying to draw a picture of a lump of coal at night.

I really don't want us to lose this as I don't want Rovers to be the team that starts a Liverpool revival so get it sorted out Sam!

• Backroom

One of if not the worst first half performance I have ever seen from a Rovers team. Somebody earlier said it was like a Prem team playing a Chapionship team - I'd go one step further, it was more like watching a Prem team against a League 1/2 team. We're that bad. The only, and I do quite literally mean only, positive we can take from that is that it's still 0-0. If it wasn't for a combination of Robbo playing superbly and Liverpool missing a string of guilt-edged chances it'd be about 4-0 by now.

Soul destroying stuff. I don't even know where to begin. We had zero chances in that half and looked no threat at all. our only tactic, it seems, is to hoof it up to Kalinic and win free kicks and/or corners - which we inevitably waste. Since N'Zonzi has gone off we've done away with Pedersen's long throws, but we're even worse at normal throws so I don't know if that's a positive.

Any future owner at the game today would be left in no doubt after that half how much work has to be done to make us even remotely successful.

I don't even know what we can do to change things. Sam isn't going to change his system and we've got nothing on the bench that will really alter the game. If we escape from this with a 0-0 I'll be delighted.

We have somehow got to survive this season.

How a team that has no clinical finisher, doesn't create chances, has no guile in midfield and concedes 70% possesion in games is going to do that, I have no idea.

Takeover or we can say goodbye to top level football.

All that is down to Allardyce - the players are capable of better if unshackled, are played in their most effective positions and in a formation designed to get the best from them, rather than being shoehorned into a stubborn dinosaur's "system". Ian Holloway would do more with these players, no doubt.

Unless I am mistaken it is 0-0 T half time. Are those who are frustrated the ones who predicted a 4-0 defeat. it's never pretty but I would take a point at Liverpool playing one up front. I will judge us as a total football team when we have 50 million to spend.

That's the only positive - that we aren't losing.

Robbo has bailed us out several times and don't think we've had a single shot on goal. This has #### all to do with "total football", unless Blackpool spent £50m the other week to get a result here?

0-0 HT. Good performance from the boys. Sam's got his tactics spot-on.

Pedersen can nick us a winner in the second half.

Which tactics were spot on then? The ones were we sit 10 men behind the ball and cry for mercy, oh no wait they are the right tactics because there is no way we could beat teams like Liverpool...........with these tactics.

Sure 0-0 at half time is a good score at Anfield, but its not like we have refused lpool creating chanses. Its just luck that we arent down by two or three goals.

No doubt the opinions in here will get slated by the few, but I fail to see how this typical Allardyce performance can be argued as anything other than appalling.

IT DOESNT WORK, WHATEVER IT IS.

Probably a good job prospective new owners arent at the game, they might run a mile.

If we get taken over, he has to go. I've never been so apathetic watching my team

laugh.gif

That might just be one of the poorest performances I have seen Rovers play without actually conceding. But for Robinson (who has been outstanding) and some rubbish Liverpool finishing we would be 3-0 down. Jones and Salgado come out with a lot of credit, Givet has been okay, Diouf has been useful, but everyone else has been absolutely awful.

We did not string more than six passes together until the 43rd minute. The most worrying thing is how ineffective Kalinic looks. Has lost the ball repeatedly and not scared the opposition defence at all.

If I was Sam I would look to get Benjani on as he will get change out of the very average Liverpool defence. Ideally I would go 442 also, playing Dunn on the right. We need to play a million times better in second half.

The tactics are horrible, but are acceptable if they work. Today they're not working. We are level down to luck and Robinson (where are those people who questioned his signing by the way????).

Grella coming on hopefully will encourage the team to play a bit more on the deck. Playing long ball to a big front man can work but Kalinic is not that player. He has a subtle touch and can play people in, but he cannot keep the ball by himself surrounded by a hench Liverpool centre back pairing. The sad thing is, i dont see how we can change. We have no hope of scoring. 0-0 is as good as we're gonna get. Just hope that there is a tad more ambition in the next 45.

I presume the pre-game plan would have been to make it to half time at 0-0. Job done. As the game progresses Liverpool will become more and more anxious, in front of their own fans, in a game they demand 3 points from. Let's at least wait until after the game to condemn us to the Championship just yet. Or is that too positive?

It really is depressing watching, thank god my stream got found out by the copyright people! Only listening to Radio Merseyside now.

Kalinic looks lost with the balls we are hoofing up to him! Dunn is on the pitch, ball should be played through him

The only good thing about the first half is that it is 0-0. Thanks to Robinson.

Performance, is terrible, chances created terrible. Style there isn't any.

We should call the first half, the great escape, as that is what it is. If the game continues like this to the end, we can only say it would be a good result.

No doubt the opinions in here will get slated by the few, but I fail to see how this typical Allardyce performance can be argued as anything other than appalling.

IT DOESNT WORK, WHATEVER IT IS.

Probably a good job prospective new owners arent at the game, they might run a mile.

If we get taken over, he has to go. I've never been so apathetic watching my team

Indeed, it sounds so bad that they might have chickened out after seeing how bad the team is doing. Sorry.

Archived