BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

I think if we appoint Agnew - whilst he's a fan of 45 years its a MASSIVE opportunity missed...if Venkys want to progress us then they should employ a brand manager from a major firm.

Like Garry Cook?

Someone with decent experience within football please.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate has been a fan for 30 years and does a load of printing for Rovers, where's his interview in Pune?

IF someone of JW's calibre is replaced with the bloke that puts together the programme, I will fear we are on the road to ruin.

I imagine the normal presser will be on Friday. I also imagine that you can fly there and back in that time frame.

If you are going to meet people for what is - in all probability a promotion - you would be better seeing them face to face.

The manager went to see the family last week. Paul Agnew goes this week.

Draw your own conclusions about what is on the table here.

So what you are telling us is that Kean is making himself unsackable because he is placing his man into the Chairman's job.

Given Venky's experiences so far, if I was in their shoes, I'd be looking for a proven, experienced operator who's seen it and done it and who is not afraid to tell them where and when they might be getting it wrong.

Sounds a bit like someone we know !

However, given their culture, they are probably looking for a 'yes man' who they can trust. Unfortunately, this person is unlikely to be the ideal person to maintain and develop the club.

never mind the chairman ,will the owners show enough interest in us andhave the balls to put an appearence in for such a vital match or will they have to gary glitters hardrive contents us again? do they care enough to show up thats the question.

:wacko:

never wrote that wtf????

will the owners show enough interest in us and have the bollucks to show up for such a vital match? DO THEY CARE ENOUGH?

ABBEY, mate look what they did when they came across to can JW. They went back early to avoid the backlash. You like me know a real man with B.O.L.L.O.C.K.S. intact would stand up and justify their decision to the fans. Not running home early before announcing the decision as they did, cowards.

PS what you doing with gary's harddrive?

Only if you believe that Mrs Desai will be delegating deciding who's manager. Not very likely given past events

That thought doesn't make me feel any better. :(

Only if you believe that Mrs Desai will be delegating deciding who's manager. Not very likely given past events

What a depressing thought. That the future of this great club is in the hands of a woman who knows nothing about the game. So far, her decision making with regard to the Rovers has been dire.

So John Williams spent all his life in football before becomming our Chief Exec?

Or was he given the job due to his business acumen?

JW was headhunted as a top administrator- his last job was one of the top honchos at Granada, 10 years of editing the Rovers programme doesn't quite measure up.

Love it, some of these comments are brilliant.

Is it really that hard to work out?

The owners are in India, but want to be hands on and influence decisions at the club. They want a guy who can liaise with them in India and then take the message back to the club. Basically an expensive post man who can be the face in the office.

The owners are in India, but want to be hands on and influence decisions at the club. They want a guy who can liaise with them in India and then take the message back to the club. Basically an expensive post man who can be the face in the office.

Well call him a mule, not a chairman.

The mere thought sends a shiver down my spine.

The mere thought sends a shiver down my spine.

They've always said it though. We were very lucky before in that our chairman was excellent because if he'd been any less we'd have been in big trouble under the Trust who didn't seem to want to be involved in the day to day running of the club. Now that worked before but it's obviously not the model the new owners were ever going to follow. Does anyone know much about the chairman at a club like Chelsea? the owner makes the real decisions there too. Not saying it's a good idea, but it would seem to be the way our owners want to do things.

Does anyone know much about the chairman at a club like Chelsea? the owner makes the real decisions there too. Not saying it's a good idea, but it would seem to be the way our owners want to do things.

Abramovich is surrounded by top football people everywhere he looks. I'll bet he looks, listens then decides. Nothing wrong with that.

Not exactly what we've got down at Ewood is it!

Abramovich is surrounded by top football people everywhere he looks. I'll bet he looks, listens then decides. Nothing wrong with that.

Not saying there is anything wrong with it - just that the chairman isn't a big figure there. Depends on what the owner(s) want. However, there are plenty of rumours around Chelsea that Abramovic doesn't always listen and just says what he wants - the arrival of Shevchenko being a case in point. Allegedly it was Abramovic who wanted him, not the football people at the club.

Looking and listening where the action is and not remotely from Russia.

Any owner or CEO worth their salt will 'walk the shop floor' and gauge the mood and feeling etc for themselves. Will also give them an understanding of just what is required.

The 'ivory tower' approach does not work.

Archived