BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

Imy9. This isn't personal. A poster/journalist has led us a merry dance over the take-over, management change & now a new chairman and you question spansterkid over his post?

Only one is a supporter, the other is making his living.

Spanster clearly made it personal and he brought up the Venky's money issue- again on 'Rovers chairman' thread, I wasnt rude was I?

Nicko deserves bringing to task about his misuse of this message board and, in my humble opinion, he is a terrible, terrible 'journalist'.

Worded much better, I'm happy now. :P

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jisty and Mattyblue - I think you have made some fantastic points, I just wish I was feeling lucid enough to put together any sort of arguement about these latest revelations. I can only say I heard much of this 2-3 weeks ago, the names, and more, associated with the latest revelation from Nicko. All the names I heard three weeks ago are mentioned in this thread.

Nicko I must say I'm very unhappy with your position on this message board. You are a journalist, fair enough it's how you earn your living. In this thread, and repeatedly on others you have:

Insulted the entire Rovers support - this thread only

Repeatedly insulted any member of this board who disagrees with you, ponders the club's position and does not see it as positive

Supported actions at the club which everyone can see threaten the long term future of Blackburn Rovers

Report only stories which show the current ownership in a positive light

Fail to report on any of the less positive aspects of events since the takeover

For me your contribution as journalist on the MB has to be questioned. I have asked you before, as have others, and you always avoid the question - why are you here? If you have a valid reason that's fine, if you are using the MB for other purposes this seems entirely wrong to me.

Seconded.

I've not made anything personal. I'm a supporter, that's all. OK, I've cross-threaded for which I'm sorry.

I had an ongoing argument with Nicko about the wealth, or lack of it, of Venky's prior to the takeover and I want answers from the 'journalist'. He's done Burnley over (funny at the time) and I warned months ago he'd do the same to us and he has. The guy should be banned from this message board.

I've not made anything personal. I'm a supporter, that's all. OK, I've cross-threaded for which I'm sorry.

I had an ongoing argument with Nicko about the wealth, or lack of it, of Venky's prior to the takeover and I want answers from the 'journalist'. He's done Burnley over (funny at the time) and I warned months ago he'd do the same to us and he has. The guy should be banned from this message board.

As a journo he reports things, his info has been spot on more often than not, if you want answers speak to the daily mail bloke who spent 2 months in India researching the Raos and having looked at their accounts says they are worth billions- he has done a massive spread on them.

He has then given his opinion on things as he sees them again on a MB, he has been here for years and IMO has earnt our respect and no I am not a Nickoteen! :)

Your argument was boring a few weeks ago its tedious now. Have you ever actually posted anything thats not part of an argument with him?

You've come on to a thread which has nothing to do with your spat because he is on here, to continue a few month old game of i'm right your wrong. Pretty pathetic when you consider all thats going on at the club currently.

Your argument was boring a few weeks ago its tedious now. Have you ever actually posted anything thats not part of an argument with him?

You've come on to a thread which has nothing to do with your spat because he is on here, to continue a few month old game of i'm right your wrong. Pretty pathetic when you consider all thats going on at the club currently.

I've posted plenty, trawl through my history if you can be arsed. Why are you trying to start arguments with other supporters if you care so much about our club?

I take some offence to the white coat remark, I completely stand by my comment that I was contacted and told to be careful about what I say on this and any other site or social messaging site.

I work inside football so therefore do hear things which some people would not want spreading around football forums or social messaging sites, but my footballing love is the rovers and always will be, my support for the team and the club is never going to be questioned.

I PM some people on here who I consider to be friendly and well informed proud Roverites and I will continue to contact them.

In reference to Paul Agnew, he is a clever man and maybe thats why he has a fair crack at the chairmans position.

Guest linganzi

Or indeed previously banned members causing trouble.

Makes you look a bit daft quoting something that I can only assume you removed for no good reason . How exactly wad it causing trouble ?

Or indeed previously banned members causing trouble.

Makes you look a bit daft quoting something that I can only assume you removed for no good reason . How exactly wad it causing trouble ?

DGS. Sorry if you have been offended by said post and I hope you can sleep more easily with this apology. I also hope the fairy tale ending to our season will prevail.

My response wasn't for you. I don't post much. But I am inflamed when mischief makers happen upon the 'board.

Kean saw an opportunity and he took it, if it was another club I'd admire his fortitude, however he should NEVER have got anywhere near the job.

As for undermining the manager, I'm sure he doesn't give a shiny @#/? about what is said on here and he got off lightly on Saturday with only a minor show of dissent.

And by some accounts he's not the only person to see an opportunity and attemp to take it, both within and without the football club.

OK my bad. Still nowhere near what the new owners have put in. I bet if we made a committee now saying lets all put £X thousand in each to buy the club from Venkys we'd get nowhere near the amount needed. Put up or shut up.

Really? So how much of Venky's own money (and not debt they've obtained) have they actually put in then?

The idea that we cannot criticise because we don't own the club sounds like something from a communist dictatorship.

I'm getting sick and tired of paltry, twisted arguments on this website, presumably motivated by hidden agendas.

I think Steve Kean has got a chance of being a manager. He took time to learn his trade - something one predecessor never did. He also saw the problems when he first came in and sorted the uncertainty. It was how managers should behave.

Since then the results went steadily and have since dipped.

I hadn't seen Rovers since the excellent performance against West Brom until yesterday's game. The change was significant on and off the pitch.

There is tension in the team. The atmosphere was tense and has been stirred by some of the garbage that has been around.

I can only speak from my own experience of supporting a team. I never booed them once during a game. At the end, maybe. Afterwards, if a manager or board wanted hounding they would get it. You don't turn as fast as that yesterday in my book - especially when the first goal is a shocker by the ref.

It's not new and it's not unique to turn on managers or players. I recall Big Sam being booed several times last season. It was wrong the and it's wrong now.

I also recall a run last season that was far worse than the current one.

But that seems to have been forgotten.

Oh, and Bolton got two points from six games at the start of year.

And they are managed by the best young boss in the business.

Don't remember their fans spitting the dummy.

They were never on the brink of the relegation zone, playing mad tactics, chopping and changing, looking on the brink of relegation.

No comparison, and you know it.

Go on their website, you don't care about us and you're deliberately winding people up.

Really? So how much of Venky's own money (and not debt they've obtained) have they actually put in then?

The idea that we cannot criticise because we don't own the club sounds like something from a communist dictatorship.

I'm getting sick and tired of paltry, twisted arguments on this website, presumably motivated by hidden agendas.

My agenda is world domination and a new recliner, not necessarily in that order.

DGS. Sorry if you have been offended by said post and I hope you can sleep more easily with this apology. I also hope the fairy tale ending to our season will prevail.

My response wasn't for you. I don't post much. But I am inflamed when mischief makers happen upon the 'board.

Looking back through the thread (as I should have done before I posted!) I see who you were aiming your post at so I owe you an apology. Sorry.

That being said I agree with Nicko to a degree and note that he is no longer flavour of the month. He seems popular when he's feeding us titbits from the transfer market, not so when his informed opinion dosn't suit the hysterical prevailing agenda.

Nicko

When are you going to retract the lie that Venky's are a worth billions? When are you going to admit that the many posters on here that could read their accounts were right and you were wrong? Pathetic journalism from a feeble journalist.

I think you will find that the daily mail also did an article on venky's. They went to India and did some investigating. I believe they reported that venky's were worth billions. I cannot comment on other media outlets what they have reported as I do not recall them. But if Nicko has said that venky's are worthe billions, he has only said simular to that in the daily mail. It appears to me that there is a clouded picture, you say they are not worth billions and others say they are. Basically none of us know for certain who is right or who is wrong.

Therefore I suggest it is wrong for you or anybody to be offensive / insulting to any poster who posts contary posts to your own.

When I went onto this site this morning I was surprised to see that war had broken out amoungst rovers supporters, over Nicko, potential new chairman, venky's. All trivia subjects in light of world current events.

I always thought that this messageboard was a place you could come on and read about things at the club, share, read, other supporters opinions etc etc. Instead this site is becoming more and more a place where you have to be careful what you post in case you open yourself up to receive insults and abuse. That is wrong.

Looking back through the thread (as I should have done before I posted!) I see who you were aiming your post at so I owe you an apology. Sorry.

That being said I agree with Nicko to a degree and note that he is no longer flavour of the month. He seems popular when he's feeding us titbits from the transfer market, not so when his informed opinion dosn't suit the hysterical prevailing agenda.

I seem to recall Nicko vanishing part way through the January transfer window. Suddenly he's back after posting the Agnew story?

He's a grown man, I'm sure he knew he'd get some stick. Particularly as he posts on here messages of support for Kean and benefit of the doubt to the owners, when he knows full well that emotions are running high right now.

Nicko posted Rovers would be sold to Venky's - he was right

Nicko posted Anderson would be Venky's number one guy - he was right

Nicko posted JW would be removed - he was right

Nicko posted Sam had no future - he was right

Nicko posted Kean would get the Manager's job - he was right

Now nicko is posting Paul Agnew (the programme editor) will be made Chairman - ....

None of these changes have improved the Rovers but all of them have contributed to our impending relegation.

When I called him the horseman of the apocalypse, I wasn't being rude or disrespectful, just accurate.

Nicko posted Rovers would be sold to Venky's - he was right

Nicko posted Anderson would be Venky's number one guy - he was right

Nicko posted JW would be removed - he was right

Nicko posted Sam had no future - he was right

Nicko posted Kean would get the Manager's job - he was right

Now nicko is posting Paul Agnew (the programme editor) will be made Chairman - ....

None of these changes have improved the Rovers but all of them have contributed to our impending relegation.

When I called him the horseman of the apocalypse, I wasn't being rude or disrespectful, just accurate.

Except there were only 4 of them

I'm of the impression that Sam was given his cards not because of his football style but of a financial decision. So this blather of SA falling out with VH & SK taking the opportunity doesn't wash with me no matter how it's dressed up. SK is a cheap option, one who'll cost a lot. And that wiseguy, coming on here, trying to soft-soap us??

An interesting opinion , I too have thought that .... Certainly Keen is a very cheap option , when compared with other EPL managers.

Could this be reason why John Williams left ,and possibly being replaced by Paul Agnew ?? I suspect , a large saving of money for the owners in that one ..

Archived