BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers new Chairman - Who will it be?!

Hughesy

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to recall Nicko vanishing part way through the January transfer window. Suddenly he's back after posting the Agnew story?

He's a grown man, I'm sure he knew he'd get some stick. Particularly as he posts on here messages of support for Kean and benefit of the doubt to the owners, when he knows full well that emotions are running high right now.

I think you will find your memory is playing tricks.

The last time I bothered to share some info was over the Andrews won't play in home game story.

That suddenly turned into the usual stream of crap and half-informed guesswork that some thrive on around here.

The story was right.

Big surprise, eh.

Since then there has been nothing worth talking about - I thought I would let the bickering brigade get on with it.

So when the Agnew-chairman tale came up I thought I would put more light on a story that was cut to four pars by the paper.

If you are going to stalk me, at least get your info right.

Anyway, bye for now.

I think you will find your memory is playing tricks.

The last time I bothered to share some info was over the Andrews won't play in home game story.

That suddenly turned into the usual stream of crap and half-informed guesswork that some thrive on around here.

The story was right.

Big surprise, eh.

Since then there has been nothing worth talking about - I thought I would let the bickering brigade get on with it.

So when the Agnew-chairman tale came up I thought I would put more light on a story that was cut to four pars by the paper.

If you are going to stalk me, at least get your info right.

Anyway, bye for now.

well you might still turn out to be right about Kean, hopefully so, he has a lot to prove though and its going bad.

and Andrews was not a big surprise I think anyone could have worked that out.

Nicko, your career shines brightly throughout your recent posts, to the point that they have become worthless to read. Nothing anyone can say will alter the plight of our club, and your childish remarks regarding other peoples posts are really unnecessary and tedious.

“I’m aware of reports and speculation about this, but I’ve had no contact whatsoever with the owners about this issue.

“I can honestly say I don’t know who the source is and where it has come from.

“I’m not saying it is not true and I’m not saying it is true. All I’m saying is I’m not aware of it and I’ve had no conversation with the owners about this.

Ok...

• So this is either Mr Agnew back tracking as he is not been successful at attaining the post
  • Nicko has made the story up
  • Nicko has been fed a pup by someone out there
  • Or the usual Venkys crap we are so used to these days and he really is getting the job and has been told to deny all knowledge of this till his appointment

Dear me what a complete bunch of amateurs that are running our club these days, it's just one thing after another, the thing is... It's the silence that is deafening here.

Im aware of reports and speculation about this, but Ive had no contact whatsoever with the owners about this issue.

I can honestly say I dont know who the source is and where it has come from.

Im not saying it is not true and Im not saying it is true. All Im saying is Im not aware of it and Ive had no conversation with the owners about this.

Ok...

• So this is either Mr Agnew back tracking as he is not been successful at attaining the post
  • Nicko has made the story up
  • Nicko has been fed a pup by someone out there
  • Or the usual Venkys crap we are so used to these days and he really is getting the job and has been told to deny all knowledge of this till his appointment

Dear me what a complete bunch of amateurs that are running our club these days, it's just one thing after another, the thing is... It's the silence that is deafening here.

If he's had no conversations with the owners then how the hell can he say "I am not saying it is not true".

IMO, twisted and as clear as mud and this guy's doing the club's PR !!!!

IMO, he does PR poorly, what chance has he of running a PL (or Championship) club.

Total despair!

What a way for the new regime to operate.

Just about sums-up how far our once proud club has fallen.

Is it any wonder that many supporters have lost feeling for the club.

Whether we stay-up or not, expect season ticket sales to dive.

Massively imo and from what I am hearing.

...and that would help the club how exactly?

Not surprised to see you two lapping up the prospect of diminished attendances already though.

Sad really.

Not surprised to see you two lapping up the prospect of diminished attendances already though.

Sad really.

See you continue to stalk certain individuals and spout total shyte.

Have you nothing constructive to say.

See you continue to stalk certain individuals and spout total shyte.

Have you nothing constructive to say.

Considered response that..

The point I was trying to make is that doom-mongering about next seasons ticket sales is not constructive. Indeed,if the new thread is indicative of peoples plans for next season most will follow their team regardless. And quite right too.

Unfortunately,this doesn't sit with your agenda as far as I can see.

The stalking jibe is imbecilic.

Considered response that..

The point I was trying to make is that doom-mongering about next seasons ticket sales is not constructive. Indeed,if the new thread is indicative of peoples plans for next season most will follow their team regardless. And quite right too.

Unfortunately,this doesn't sit with your agenda as far as I can see.

The stalking jibe is imbecilic.

I would be very surprised if we don't see a fairly sizeable drop in ST sales next season.

Of course "most" will still renew, but even if a quarter drop off it'll be the start of a very worrying trend.

Out of 76 who are in a position to renew in that poll, only 46 have said they'll do so regardless.

funny-old-game

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

Even in the 70' and 80's when we had no money and we went to places like Halifax, Rotherham, Grimsby, Hereford on the League liner, you knew your club was run by passionate football people such as Bill Fox and Bill Bancroft who only had the clubs best interests at heart, but now we are not owned by passionate people, but run by a group of people that haven't got a clue about owning a football club and what that entails, and agent getting their grubby paws on what ever money they can!

roversmum, on 21 March 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Then it's up to us to make it our club again. It's still Blackburn Rovers after all. I do understand what you mean, Kelbo, but it's time for a change of mind-set. We cannot change what has happened but it's a bit lily-livered of us to give up on the club we love.

And I, for one, have no intention of it.

I agree, so what can we do about it, we need to get people involved and really let this lot know we are not going to just lie down and accept are fate, any suggestions.

As the saying goes

"For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing"

PA probably wants the job but the owners haven't give it to him. We need a proper Chairman in charge not a PR muppet.

The owners have to appoint a chairman to run the club full time.

Maybe the Venkey/Kentaro mob have learnt lessons about how crappy their PR is and have ordered alan nixon back just to test the water by using this mb as a sounding board for future changes? :huh:

I honestly wouldn't put anything past anybody at the moment. There is usually a reason for the way things happen. <_<

btw I got in bother for posting this in Dec so I am unwilling to add anything at the moment other than most bets were placed in London and Glasgow. Some people might be able to add 1+1 and get it to equal whatever they want but I couldn't possibly comment.

http://bettinglatest.com/william-hill-hammered-in-allardyce-betting/13596

I think all members (possibly minus 1 or 2) would have wished we'd known somebody at Blackburn too back then! ;)

funny-old-game

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

I agree, so what can we do about it, we need to get people involved and really let this lot know we are not going to just lie down and accept are fate, any suggestions.

As the saying goes

"For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing"

here's an idea for a start ...

Sad really.

Best not to shoot the messenger cock.

btw If it's possible will you renew your ST in April? Be honest.

For a PR person, that statement by Paul Agnew is abysmal.

It really is.

I cannot believe how obvious he is about it.

His quote was a direct answer to this question:

Mr Agnew, why should we give you the job?

“I have been a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan and I’ve been involved with the club for a long time dating back to when I had a season ticket as a schoolboy. I’ve been in charge of the press operations at the club for 14 years and I’ve championed the case for further improving communication, which I think is a very important (quality in a chairman)."

It really is.

I cannot believe how obvious he is about it.

His quote was a direct answer to this question:

Mr Agnew, why should we give you the job?

“I have been a lifelong Blackburn Rovers fan and I’ve been involved with the club for a long time dating back to when I had a season ticket as a schoolboy. I’ve been in charge of the press operations at the club for 14 years and I’ve championed the case for further improving communication, which I think is a very important (quality in a chairman)."

I am a lifelong Blackburn Rovers Fan and been a season ticket for years and haven't miss a home games for years.

Please can I become Chairman of Rovers then? :lol:

Paul Agnew wants to become the Chairman at rovers. You can tell that from the interview he has given.

Unless I read wrong, Agnew says that it may or may not be true. He has heard about it, but then also mentions that he hasn't heard about the story. He also says he doesn't know where it coming from, but we all know where its coming from(and I'm not talking about Nicko) Very bad way to try and rubbish the story.

Oh come on everybody do you really believe what you read in the paperS! its likely that agnew wont even be considered and nicko has plucked this out of mid air.

i assume this is a lot of nonsense and we (myself inclluded) will look back at this in a few weeks or months and laugh at ourselves and how much time weve wasted on something that is likely never to happen!

i could say alan shearer is gonna be the next manager and im sure we'd debate it doesnt mean its gonna happen though does it. wasting time.

Archived